PDA

View Full Version : 46 and 2,what the numbers mean

newmoon2112
08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
I said on another post that Maynard sings about these people...
his mother,his son,his girlfriend,the record label,God and the government.I believe that 46 and two are his mother's and son's age.

ReverendMaynard
08-24-2003, 09:47 PM
The FAQ really put a great quote out there about 46&2. Since it's a quote, it's okay if I reproduce it.

"There are three totally different kinds of humans on the Earth, meaning that they perceive the One reality in three different ways, interpreted differently. The first kind of human has a chromosome composition of 42+2. They comprise a unity consciousness that does not see anything outside themselves as being separate from themselves. To them, there is only one energy - one life, one beingness that moves everywhere. Anything happening anywhere is within them, as well. They are like cells in the body. They are all connected to a single consciousness that moves through all of them. These are the aboriginals in Australia. There might be a few African tribes left like this. Then, there is our level, comprising 44+2 chromosomes. We are a disharmonic level of consciousness that is used as a steppingstone from the 42+2 level to the next level, 46+2...These two additional chromosomes change everything." Drunvalo Melchizadek.

I have great respect for Melchizadek.

dawn
08-24-2003, 10:08 PM
The FAQ really put a great quote out there about 46&2. Since it's a quote, it's okay if I reproduce it.

"There are three totally different kinds of humans on the Earth, meaning that they perceive the One reality in three different ways, interpreted differently. The first kind of human has a chromosome composition of 42+2. They comprise a unity consciousness that does not see anything outside themselves as being separate from themselves. To them, there is only one energy - one life, one beingness that moves everywhere. Anything happening anywhere is within them, as well. They are like cells in the body. They are all connected to a single consciousness that moves through all of them. These are the aboriginals in Australia. There might be a few African tribes left like this. Then, there is our level, comprising 44+2 chromosomes. We are a disharmonic level of consciousness that is used as a steppingstone from the 42+2 level to the next level, 46+2...These two additional chromosomes change everything." Drunvalo Melchizadek.

Nothing in this post is true, but it's exactly the way things are...

46+2 = 4D

ReverendMaynard
08-31-2003, 08:48 PM
The Esoteric Meaning of the Chromosomes on Mars?

neochrist
09-01-2003, 03:41 PM
the song seems to me to be talking about a change maynard wants to make in himself or mankind as a whole, he's talking about breaking out of his shadow and evolving into something else, 46 and 2 is the next step in human evolution because we are now at 44 and 2, so what he's saying to me is that 46 and 2 is ahead of us and its time for us to change

jpmanson
09-01-2003, 04:18 PM

i dont.. that isnt true at all.. all primates have a 46+2 chromosome structure.. except humans, does that mean this song is about a gorilla?

quash
09-01-2003, 05:14 PM
i dont.. that isnt true at all.. all primates have a 46+2 chromosome structure.. except humans, does that mean this song is about a gorilla?

Well then, maybe the song is about de-evolution!

dawn
09-01-2003, 06:12 PM

No...That would be the movie 'Altered States'

If that isn't a quote from a Frissell book...then it is some sort of paraphrasing of its content...

mu-sick
09-02-2003, 09:09 AM
This kind of goes along with all the stuff I said in the 3rd eye post.

I think when Maynard talks about 46+2, he is considering himself at the 44+2 state ("46+2 just ahead of me"). He also says "I've been crawling on my belly, feeling out what should've been). Things like "I feel the change consume me" point to this evolution/de-evolution idea. If 44+2 tribal people only see within themselves so to speak and they are thier own universe, then that totally jives with the spirt of tool. Centralize, focus, turn inward and use it for something posititve. The message of introspection only truthfully leads us to confusion because (possibly) we have the extra two chromosomes. I think this song is just another was for Maynard to say, "look what I found out - here's some more mysterious stuff to chew on and convince you to think on a different plane." And if you're into it, good for you. But I'm done with all that hocus pocus mystical garbage.

I haven't made a connection with the "shadow" part of the song yet. Any thoughts?

joster15
09-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Yes Maynard is a f***ing genius. anyone who thinks otherwise can go screw themselves.

g-bay-be
09-08-2003, 08:24 PM
This kind of goes along with all the stuff I said in the 3rd eye post.

I think when Maynard talks about 46+2, he is considering himself at the 44+2 state ("46+2 just ahead of me"). He also says "I've been crawling on my belly, feeling out what should've been). Things like "I feel the change consume me" point to this evolution/de-evolution idea. If 44+2 tribal people only see within themselves so to speak and they are thier own universe, then that totally jives with the spirt of tool. Centralize, focus, turn inward and use it for something posititve. The message of introspection only truthfully leads us to confusion because (possibly) we have the extra two chromosomes. I think this song is just another was for Maynard to say, "look what I found out - here's some more mysterious stuff to chew on and convince you to think on a different plane." And if you're into it, good for you. But I'm done with all that hocus pocus mystical garbage.

I haven't made a connection with the "shadow" part of the song yet. Any thoughts?

The shadow part...Hmm. I have been thinking about that for awhile... but i see your shadow as the outer part of you... it always there... so when your shadows shedding skin that means that you are shedding the exterior

dawn
09-08-2003, 08:31 PM
The revelations I had over '46 plus 2' was what hooked me onto Tool...I mean they were cool before...but that brought my level of appreciation for their music to awesome hieghts...

Luna Galapogos
09-10-2003, 04:29 PM
In the faq on this page, it mentions the 'shadow' as being our alter-ego, the part of us that we refuse to accept. But we can only grow into what we are supposed to be if we start taking responsibility for all the aspects of ourselves, including the things that we don't like. You must, as Maynard puts it, step through the shadow, and come out the other side. In this way, you become a whole person, an individual that knows who they are. It makes us complete. It is based on Carl Jung. So if you want to research it, there you go.

hyeboy
09-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Luna Galapogos has the right idea. The shadow is a Carl Jung theory about the things that we hate in ourselves lurking in the shadows of our mind. We let these tribulations slip out subconsciously in the form of projection onto others. In other words, "I hate when YOU do this" actually equates to "I hate when I do this". It's pretty simple and basic psychology.

I watched an interview with Maynard a while back, and he suggested this very thing when asked about a habit he has. He said he likes to write down on a piece of paper every possible thing that he can think of that hates about "you", that he can't STAND about you. Then he takes the list and turns the "you" into "me", and says he finds some "pretty interesting things". I've caught myself doing this several times when I get really angry at someone. I stop and think about it, and realize that "Holy shnikes! I could basically be held guilty of the same thing!!!" Hypocrisy, or double standards, if you will.

It's a form of self reflection or evaluation. Once you target some of these things, you can purge the shadow of them. But you can never truly shed the shadow itself. That is your constant subconscious. All you can do is try to discover the dilemmas it is presenting, and work to rectify them.

A_Perfect_Tool
09-11-2003, 09:24 PM
his mother,his son,his girlfriend,the record label,God and the government.I believe that 46 and two are his mother's and son's age.

considering the fact that Maynard's over 39, I highly doubt that his mother was 46

4th Eye
09-17-2003, 12:49 PM
One thing I thought that the shadow could be, is the fear(s). That the song could be about facing your fears and to overcome them, stepping through the shadow to the other side without fears.

"Jung used to talk about staring into that shadow in the corner. Just stepping into that shadow and going, 'OK, what is it that I fear the most? What is it here that freezes me up like a doe in the headlights?' And then go and do that and see what happens. The worst thing that'll happen is you'll die."
--Maynard James Keenan

Though this is what MJK said about APC's "Rose" I immediately thought about "46 & 2". The shadow as something he's afraid of, and that thing makes him to shed his skin and to pick scabs again. In other words he's afraid and can't get rid of his fears. In the lyrics, there are words like "paranoid" and "insecure delusions", meaning the fears are only in his mind. So just to step into the shadows and to face the fears makes him to come out from the other side and to overcome the fears.

As for the numbers 46 and 2...I have no idea...

adrenaline7
09-19-2003, 05:35 AM
I have struggled to find an appropriate answer, but the best possible solution I have search for is the same as some on this topic. I can't find the sheet that explained what the numbers and shadow meant, but I can remember most of it.

The Shadow: I remember that Carl Jung refered to a certain place in the mind as the Shadow that is similar to the id in a way, I think. Everyone has it, but either don't realise it or they deny it. Can't remember anything else righ tnow, I still have to find the sheet. But at the end of the song, Maynard mentions "Stepping through my shadow". Maynard might be refering to the shadow as a doorway in this context, although I'm still unsure about it.

46 and 2: Yes, this has to refer to the number of chromosomes. As mentioned earlier, with 42+2 and 44+2, 46+2 is the evolutionary change of chromosome in humans. And to my understanding, it's happening at this moment, as the last "grid" was completed in 1984-88 (can't remember exactly). It most likely has to do with the harmony of the body and mind as one.

Add these up with the rest of the lyrics, and you'll understand what Maynard is talking about. I'll try to sum up the whole song into one short paragraph, but it would be impossible. I'll try to give a line-by-line explanation on another thread if anyone wishes me to do so.

The Village Too
10-27-2003, 05:53 PM
46 chromosomes.
having 2 extra means you have down syndrome

i never really liked the idea of needing to know external information about obscure occurrences or obscure stories, or occult, or ancient mythology in order to interpret a song. I don't like looking at a painting that "beautifully" describes a scene or story that i've never heard of. I think that some of the best lyrics are the kind where you don't need a phd in esoteric shibbang to get the idea of a song. and i know that you don't necessarily need to "get the idea" of a song if its purposefully abstract, but Maynard's use of the numbers 46 and 2 are definite and specific, yet not common knowledge. I don't like the fact that i don't understand this song because i just don't have enough knowledge under my belt to interpret it. this isn't the case for other songs, but this song just gets in the way to the point where i ignore the lyrics because it don't make no damn sense and it won't make no damn sense until i learn about more things in the quantity of 46 and 2. this post makes me look like an ignorant ass, but its not like i'm trying not to know, its just that i don't think the key to good lyrics is referring to some offbeat esoterica

AllforUnity
10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
l think this has been discussed, look at previous threads.

Cylith
11-04-2003, 08:52 AM
considering the fact that Maynard's over 39, I highly doubt that his mother was 46

How old was Maynard when he wrote the song?

Seige
11-14-2003, 11:42 AM
i want a phd in esoteric shibbang.
then id compete in this forum. --er, i mean contribute.

Seige
11-14-2003, 11:44 AM
ps this was my first favorite tool song. i was recovering from schizophrenia at the time. my animus had died from drug use. my shadow was controlling my body. but now its me, the animus again! yay!

hopefully that will make you guys take another look at this song :)

Cylith
11-14-2003, 01:44 PM
i want a phd in esoteric shibbang.
then id compete in this forum. --er, i mean contribute.

Very clever...I like what you have to say here...lets everyone THINK about what they are doing in these forums, rather than arguing along with them.

BlissREVISITED
11-24-2003, 10:07 AM
New to the whole debacle of philosophical debate on these BB's... quite entertaining to say the least. I am sure if the time was actually wasted viewing this post by Maynard or any other of the band members a wholehearted laugh would ensue after simply viewing the mass hysteria. With the varying viewpoints found throughout Tool's material a simple conclusion could be that this song (as well as many others) is a way to provoke abstruse thought... that is: there is no one answer, but that as individuals we must search and continue searching throughout our lives for the truth of the moment. Settling down with a belief and realizing it and only it to be true is no different than accepting the principles that society expects us to abide by.

Definition of Dogma in Webster's dictionary:
dog·ma: An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absolutely true.

The only idea that really should be considered THAT true is one of Mr. Timothy Leary's most famous quotes, "Think for yourself, question authority...".

Obviously there are many tenets incorporated in Maynard's writing , focusing solely upon one, in my opinion is too confining/conforming and will not lead to true enlightenment... which is the main goal overall right?

I could be wrong. I accept that.

BlissREVISITED
11-24-2003, 10:27 AM
hahaha... finally got it!

U4ia
12-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Humans currently have 46 chromosomes. In the year 2012, we gain 2 more, making 48 chromosomes. When this happens, everyone becomes a god, time seizes to exist, everyone is everywhere at everytime. We step into the 4th demension. We keep gaining 2 more chromosome every certain amount of years. This is why humans used to be so fucking stupid and didn't understand the obvious. The Roman Calander predicts this and everything they've predicted has happened. 2012 is the last prediction.

corps d'allumen
12-08-2003, 01:46 PM
useful idiot sounds like a worm or a snake crawling on its underside, just inching along.
it finally reaches something...

-christ-consciousness (46&2)-
23 chromosomes per each half, or sex (male and female=2); 23+23=46 by two aspects (2). most, if not all of our parents contributed 22 chromosones each, by way of one male half and one female half (44+2; where we collectively are now). research drunvalo melchizadek, the christ-consciousness grid, and the sacred merkaba techniques if you want something to help you understand what this concept really means to humanity. utilize the abundant information waiting to be learned.

i know these posts are for people's opinions, but tool gives reccomended reading material for research on pertainent topics, not just fun time with books. i can appreciate people's different ideas, even to the point where some stimulate me into thinking something i couldn't have initalized on my own, but if someone says "read this or do this because i'm specifically talking about it" what's the point of totally ignoring it? if you're reading a book, and come across a word you don't know the meaning of, do you look it up or make up your own definition?

if you listen closely, you can hear in the bridge, the word "you" overlapped with the word "to" which makes the words say
"I choose to live and you/to
Grow, take and give and you/to
Move, learn and love and you/to
Cry, kill and die and you/to
Be paranoid and you/to
Lie, hate and fear and you/to
Do what it takes to move through."
it's kind of like instructions, or even a prediction to push the idea further,
which fits my theme of the whole album being a guide to and reflection of giving yourself an "ænima."

so, in a way, this song is about the 'problems' encountered, or to be encountered when you confront/enter the/your shadow and try, not defeat it (because it is not to be destroyed), but to accept it and move or step through that blockage of evolution. assimilate it.
c.g. jung's theory of the shadow, it is his concept you know, is defined as the rejected part of your personality; everything you don't like and don't want to or can't admit about yourself. as hidden as it is, it still influences and controls you.
read more of jung to understand and UTILIZE THIS CONCEPT...

this overlapping of words appears in many songs, like eulogy for example.
"you had a lot to say... we'll miss you." it's hearing your Own eulogy. ketamine causes an out-of-body phenomenon; a near-death experience.
proper ketamine administration is listed in the liner notes for a reason...

AllforUnity
12-09-2003, 01:12 PM
That 23 pair chromosome stuff has been discussed so many times...we really don't know if that's what it means. Only Maynard knows.

corps d'allumen
12-09-2003, 06:50 PM
you can either look up the definition of an unknown word, or make up your own.
one has weight and the other doesn't...

The Grudge
12-16-2003, 02:35 PM
The shadow is referring to the theories of a brilliant man,Carl Jung. There are many references to Jungian theory in Tool songs, such as the Ego, "So crucify the ego, before it's far too late", the Shadow, and also possibly the Anima, which he pictured as a little girl, and was his main way of communication with the deeper aspects of his unconscious. The shadow is an archetype in which we can "store" parts of ourselves which we can't admit to. It "guards" the entrance to the collective unconscious. Hope that was some help.

Metamorphosis
01-02-2004, 04:47 AM
if the song hints at de-evolution, that helps exaplain "stepping back into his shadow" "coming out the other side"

corps d'allumen
01-06-2004, 07:26 AM
if the song hints at de-evolution, that helps exaplain "stepping back into his shadow" "coming out the other side"

through...

Triangular_Vision
01-12-2004, 01:29 AM

you forget that there is only one difference in our dna and a certain type of frog (the name escapes me at the moment i want to say tree frog) so your logic is flawed... sorry. Just because might end up having the same number of chromosomes as a primate dosn't mean we are gonna all be eating banannas rather than weaving the fabric of space and time itself. But just the same, we could...

Martin Shanks
01-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Hello my fellow human beings! Here's something for you.
If you stood in the middle of a room that was lit in such a way that you no longer had a shadow. Where would it be?
I thought i would give you an easy one to start with.
As you may notice I use my real name as my username because i have nothing to hide.
I must say that to view this as a whole you have to be a total outsider.
Now about this 46+2 business. It could just be a reflection on the original primeval source of human conciousness. Acknowledging the fact, even though we have evolved to this state of being, we still have an inner rawness, energy and instinct. To deny it is to deny a vast part of ourselves. Our intellect is nothing but a tool for heightened primeval existence.
Thank You for taking your tim to read this.
In relationships we learn.
Martin Shanks

Martin Shanks
01-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Hello again my fellow humans!
If you want the answers to a question. Go to the source. Speak to the members of tool. If you really want to know something you wouldn't just debate and theorise. You would search it out with all your heart. I believe that Tool are a exploritive, intelligent, insightful, probing, questioning quartet of musically talented individuals. They don't have all the answers. They seem to me to like different perspectives, and not to become mindless, or mindful (i.e.the so-called authorities of the world,) sheep. Baa Baa. Shit there I go again.
In the end we are trying to realize our true selves, after that you have to liberate youself from self.
Thw word 'I' does not exist.
Thanks again for taking your time to read this.
Good luck and fortune in all of your existences.
Yours Sincerely
Martin Shanks

jpmanson
01-17-2004, 10:28 AM
you forget that there is only one difference in our dna and a certain type of frog (the name escapes me at the moment i want to say tree frog) so your logic is flawed... sorry. Just because might end up having the same number of chromosomes as a primate dosn't mean we are gonna all be eating banannas rather than weaving the fabric of space and time itself. But just the same, we could...

the statement about the frog dna is stupid. i am noticing that the people that are arguing dna and chromosomes here dont have any idea about it.

dna is a molecule, its tightly wrapped up around itself to the point where we can actually see it in a microscope, we call it a chromosome. if we took one human chromosome and unravelled it, it would be a molecule that is about a meter long. if we did the same with a frog chromosome, it would be closer to 10 meters long.

does this mean that frogs are more evolved than us? no. all dna does is contain the instructions for building protiens. frogs need more because their bodies go through changes that ours dont go through, they need the extra instructions.

corps d'allumen
02-25-2004, 11:53 AM
The shadow is referring to the theories of a brilliant man,Carl Jung. There are many references to Jungian theory in Tool songs, such as the Ego, "So crucify the ego, before it's far too late", the Shadow, and also possibly the Anima, which he pictured as a little girl, and was his main way of communication with the deeper aspects of his unconscious. The shadow is an archetype in which we can "store" parts of ourselves which we can't admit to. It "guards" the entrance to the collective unconscious. Hope that was some help.
Sigmund Freud developed the concepts of the id, ego, and superego. Jung was a colleague of Freud's who broke away from Freudian psychoanalysis to follow his own concepts of the unconscious mind; the shadow, the anima/animus, archetypes, dreams, synchronicity, and the collective unconscious.

naked_but_oblivious
02-28-2004, 04:04 PM
i dont know if anyone has said this but there is a pretty good meaning in the faqs section

quasiperiodica
02-28-2004, 08:28 PM

yea, that statement isn't true at all, i'd agree with everyone else, although DNA structure is definately a role in this song. the title, I've read, comes from the book, entitled, "46 & 2"...i think the significance of 46 is that there are 46 chromosomes in a human cell. One recieves 23 from each parent. A male has 46 X and Y chromosomes, which is what determines his sex. A female has 22 y's and 24 x's, meaning they have an extra X.

I must say, I love this forum, because it is a collection of people's interpretations of Tool's music, which is what the band wanted people to do with their music.

Luna Galapogos
02-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Perhaps if once we finally beat the shadow (our alter-ego) then we could evolve as it were the 46+2. At that point, we wouldn't have the alter-ego and would become based on our instincts. No more hypocracy, none of those things that hold us back because we refuse to accept different parts of ourselves. If we became gorillas we'd be better off than we are now.

If we discover the mysteries of the universe, unravel time itself, weave our own time, or whatever, what will it accomplish, we are mortal and will die anyway. We are not God, we will never be God, and that is it. Perhaps if we knew who we were and lived by that, then we wouldn't care, and we would probably be better off.

Of course, this is an opinion. My opinion right now, actually, I don't know what my opinion of this song are. In fact, it is so obscure in what we think that it might mean, that it loses all meaning because we have no idea. It is just a jumble of words put together that goes along with music and means exactly one thing to one person only.

corps d'allumen
03-01-2004, 09:08 AM
i dont know if anyone has said this but there is a pretty good meaning in the faqs section
There is also a pretty good meaning in and behind the works and histories of these two great people. There's also the works and histories of others like Buckminster Fuller, Carlos Castaneda, Richard Hoagland, Drunvalo Melchizadek, and others not mentioned due to space. The trick to it is that you have to read the works. The FAQ is not omniscient...

AllforUnity
03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
lt sounds Russian to me...Maybe Slovenian?

Luna Galapogos
03-03-2004, 09:45 AM
lt sounds Russian to me...Maybe Slovenian?

I'm pretty damn sure that it's Russian. Yes, I do believe that it is.

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Yeah, roksha.

corps d'allumen
03-07-2004, 11:11 AM
::sighs::

AllforUnity
03-08-2004, 12:39 PM
*caughsneezeburphickup*

royc
03-10-2004, 05:53 AM
in case anyone was wondering why we seem to have 2 less chromosomes than our primate ancestors it is because 2 of the chromosomes somewhere along the line "fused" together. chromosomes are just bunches of dna and the information contained there in may not have changed significantly at all during this transistion from 46&2 to 44&2sex. really its only the norm for some people are born 66&3, 44&3 and im sure many configurations maybe 46&2 i dont know but im sure it isn't good.

any mutation in your dna that doesn't kill you could be concidered evolution, especially if it happens in cells you'll pass on. "Shedding skin and I've been picking
Scabs again." kind of sounds like hes trying to scratch off itchy bits of irritating dna. bacteria have done this some might even argue bacteria are the supreme beings with no chromosomes at all.

this is what i believe. there is a need to evolve our minds, our children are not programmed to tolerate this world and probably many will die, the next step is conscious evolution. when we are at peace our genetic expression will reflect this, it should be our ultimate goal. it would seem attention disorders and depression are abound, these are forms of a new evolution and can provide much insight, remember that the mind is passed on as well.

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 09:29 AM
in case anyone was wondering why we seem to have 2 less chromosomes than our primate ancestors it is because 2 of the chromosomes somewhere along the line "fused" together. chromosomes are just bunches of dna and the information contained there in may not have changed significantly at all during this transistion from 46&2 to 44&2sex. really its only the norm for some people are born 66&3, 44&3 and im sure many configurations maybe 46&2 i dont know but im sure it isn't good.

any mutation in your dna that doesn't kill you could be concidered evolution, especially if it happens in cells you'll pass on. "Shedding skin and I've been picking
Scabs again." kind of sounds like hes trying to scratch off itchy bits of irritating dna. bacteria have done this some might even argue bacteria are the supreme beings with no chromosomes at all.

this is what i believe. there is a need to evolve our minds, our children are not programmed to tolerate this world and probably many will die, the next step is conscious evolution. when we are at peace our genetic expression will reflect this, it should be our ultimate goal. it would seem attention disorders and depression are abound, these are forms of a new evolution and can provide much insight, remember that the mind is passed on as well.

I must agree, 44+2 is only the norm. There are some people born with two extra chromosomes, and they have "down syndrome." That is not a higher state, it just seems more confused than what we are now. The grass is always browner on the other side. I don't see the point in wanting to become more than what we are anyway, think about it, we haven't even come close to hitting the boundaries of our potential yet.

AllforUnity
03-10-2004, 12:41 PM
l learned about all of that in Biology.

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 07:19 PM
l learned about all of that in Biology.

That is where I learned it as well. And the things that are learned in science classes tend to be what have been studied very very thoroughly.

corps d'allumen
03-11-2004, 12:38 PM
I've got this book called "An alien conversation about the chariot of god" I can't find anyone who has ever heard of it. It lists Down's Syndrome as 43&2. Not saying it's right, just different. This book also goes into Melchizadeks, the Metatron, it has the Sacred Merkaba Techniques listed at the end (which oddly enough, starts on page 111), the Dogons, Tiamat, a 'history' of human creation, the flower of life as it relates to Luciferian stereogrammic vision, explanations of the UEN, so on and so forth. I'm currently typing this book out, word for word, and I'm going to start giving it out to others. I'm serious when I say I can't find ANYONE whose ever heard of this book. There's a definately strange story about how I aquired it and the time when, and where it came from before I got it and that time then. It really opened my eyes, well, it opened something I'll say. When I'm done typing it out, I'll share it. Many of you will find this very interesting...

AllforUnity
03-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Where can you find this book? ls it a big book?

corps d'allumen
03-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Where can you find this book? ls it a big book?
small paperback, about 120-something pages.
I cannot find this book or any information about it ANYWHERE.
When I finish typing it out, I'm gonna send it to everyone who'd want it. It is a MUST READ.

AllforUnity
03-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Yes. l was going to ask you to type it out for me, but since you're ahead of me, l'll simply wait. Thanks.

corps d'allumen
03-13-2004, 12:35 AM
'An Alien Conversation about the Chariot of God'
-by the Local Supercluster of Galaxies-

Table of Contents

Introduction...................................... IV
Prologue.......................................... .IX

Genesis I..........................................1
13,000 years ago
Star tetrahedron
Energy fields
Merkabah light vehicle
Dogon tribe
Sirius
White dwarf
Sacred geometry.............................4
Seed of life
Christ consciousness
Holy Qabalah...................................5
Dimensions
Tuning............................................ ..5
U.F.O............................................. ...6
200 overtones
Void
DNA life light codes..........................7
Universal energy network
Wobble in earth...............................8

Genesis II : Earth changes..............10
5 levels of consciousness

Genesis III: origins..........................13
400,000 years ago
12th planet
46+2 chromosomes
32 strand DNA
Bigfoot
Halls of amenti
Celestial light templates..................16
Ganawandaland..............................18
Anunnaki gardens
E. Din
200,213 years ago
Nascal
Lemuria sinks..................................20
18,000 years
Atlantis
Arians from mars
16,000 years ago comet
14-year old girl................................21
13,000 years ago
500,000,000 year old rebellion

Genesis IV.......................................24
Experiments:atlantis, mars, earth
Montauk- 1983 N.Y. long island.......25
The merkabah-
200 million years.............................26
Dolphins
February 4, 1989
11 catagories of grids
30 million species
Mind control- gulf war.....................27
Atlantis & Udal
Thoth & Giza
Ascended masters..........................28

Genesis V.......................................29
Egypt
Emerald tablets
100 levels of consciousness
Hathor & venus
Kali Yuga........................................31
TOT brotherhood
Ay & taiae
46+2 chromosomes
Im Hotep III
Akhenaton- 14 ½ feet tall..............34
Right eye of horus
Melchizedek memory
Left eye of horus
Tube torrus axis............................37

Genesis VI.....................................39
Genesis patterns
Seed, fruit & flower of life
Spirit in the void............................40
Go to the innermost circle or point
5 platonic solid shapes..................50
Luciferian flower............................71
God connected beings...................76
8 electrical circuits
Mudras..........................................77
Camaron Duncon..........................78
Philadelphia project: 1973............79
Dr. Suzuki .....................................80
Sun goes from hydrogen to
helium core: 1972
Earth wobble widens...................81
Committee of 300.........................82
Cattle mutilations
Grays............................................8 3
Roswell, new mexico....................85
4th dimension..............................86
Galactic command.........................87
Hologram around earth
Transformation.............................91

Genesis VII: merkabah 101..........94
Whole light beings
Wheels within wheels.................95
Higher intelligence
Alternating-gravitational fields.....96
Bi- and tri-pyramids......................97
Spectrum vehicles........................98
Artificial time warp
Urim-thummim
Starlim radiation..........................99
Transvirlusence...........................101

Technologies...............................102
UEN
DNA life light codes.....................103
Crystalgraphic language of
light fire letters
Divine language of light..............104
Micro-chip implants
64- strand DNA...........................105
7 main levels...............................106
Celestial light templates.............107

Mer-ka-bah meditation...............112
Part 1: first 6 breaths.................113
Pulsing eyes...............................117
Part 2: next 7 breaths................118
Part 3: the 14th breath..............122
Part 4: vehicle of ascension........123

Glossary......................................127
Special thanks............................149

royc
03-13-2004, 09:27 PM
sounds cool typing it out im sure is a real nice way to read a book. just so you know you also could scan it and use text conversion software, thats what my lazy ass would do. thanks for a desire to share information.

ThreeDeviations
03-13-2004, 10:22 PM
I'd like a copy.

g-bay-be
03-13-2004, 10:43 PM
w00t go read some freud and jung and research drumvalo! nothing in this book is true... go read it!

corps d'allumen
03-13-2004, 11:31 PM
w00t go read some freud and jung and research drumvalo! nothing in this book is true... go read it!
I've done more research than you would believe. Also, if the things in this book were anywhere else that I've seen, it wouldn't be such a big deal, to me at least. So, you've read 'Briefwechsel' or the 'Cocaine Papers' or 'The Ego and the Id' or 'Studies in Hysteria' by Freud? Or how about 'The Undiscovered Self' or 'The Archetypes & the Collective Unconscious' or 'Psychology in Western Religion' by Jung? My ladyfriend is a psychology major, so not only have I read these books, and many more, but I also have access to insights of a budding professional. You might want to check those books out, then maybe we could share insight and opinions on the subjects... go read it!

corps d'allumen
03-13-2004, 11:39 PM
sounds cool typing it out im sure is a real nice way to read a book. just so you know you also could scan it and use text conversion software, thats what my lazy ass would do. thanks for a desire to share information.
You're welcome. Although, there's nothing wrong with just reading words; I can handle books without pictures. If you were being serious, there are many books you can get online as text files, great books, usually for free. Scanning it would be the best way to go, seeing as how there are a lot of 'interesting' pictures through out the book on almost every page, but misfortune has befallen the book. I dropped it in a puddle getting out of a cab in '00, now I'm scared to open it wide enough to properly scan it; everytime I open it, pages pull from the spine. But I'm typing away... and I'm sure I can find a way to get these pictures out as well.

corps d'allumen
03-13-2004, 11:41 PM
I'd like a copy.
Sure! If anyone else would like one, please send a message so I don't have to remember the names.

eek
03-14-2004, 11:19 PM
It's already been mentioned way up the thread, but I just have to say it again.

Almost all the theories and guesses and opinions thrown into the mix in this thread have their own threads, complete with a much more rounded discussion to go along with them if you're willing to dig through the forum a little. It makes for a lot better and more organised reading than the mish mash that this thread is.

I'm not suggesting this thread is useless, but there are a few speculations here that have been drawn out almost to conclusion in deeper threads.

edit:

I've just noticed that you can't immediately set your list of threads to start from 'the beginning' anymore, and instead must go off to a seperate archive area. (That's a bit of a shame imo... but anyway, at least there IS an archive ;)

For those who missed it, the discussions pertinant to this thread can be found in the archive here:
http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/forum/archive/index.php/f-24

pixeleye40
03-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Maynard has already said in an interview i'ts a chromosomes, so why people keep thinking it's about something else baffles me.. It's about different stages of consciousnes.. thats it

AllforUnity
03-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Show me the interview...type it out...where can l get it?

lt's easy to say there's a mysterious interview...but l'd like to have it all the same.

vile temptress
03-24-2004, 10:17 AM

de-evolution does not exist. evolution is not a forwards or a backwards process, it just happens. no, 2 extra chromosomes would not inately be an improvement on the human race. after all, down syndrome have 1 extra chromosome, and there are several disorders that are 42 + 3 or 42 + 4 (in other words, extra sex chromosomes) and they are not improved. really, most "improvements" if you can call anything in evolution an improvement (it's really just a genetic level adaptation to an environment), are on a much smaller level than chromosomal.

for anyone actually interested in evolution, these are good websites:
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/educators/lessons/index.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-misconceptions.html#proof
http://www.talkorigins.org/

p.s. i apologize if i'm being crass or pretentious, i'm just a biology major and i've seen a few misconceptions on this forum.

vile temptress
03-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Show me the interview...type it out...where can l get it?

lt's easy to say there's a mysterious interview...but l'd like to have it all the same.

http://toolshed.down.net/articles/t...ing.nov.96.html

this is the interview i believe he's talking about.

vile temptress
03-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I've got this book called "An alien conversation about the chariot of god" I can't find anyone who has ever heard of it. It lists Down's Syndrome as 43&2. Not saying it's right, just different. This book also goes into Melchizadeks, the Metatron, it has the Sacred Merkaba Techniques listed at the end (which oddly enough, starts on page 111), the Dogons, Tiamat, a 'history' of human creation, the flower of life as it relates to Luciferian stereogrammic vision, explanations of the UEN, so on and so forth. I'm currently typing this book out, word for word, and I'm going to start giving it out to others. I'm serious when I say I can't find ANYONE whose ever heard of this book. There's a definately strange story about how I aquired it and the time when, and where it came from before I got it and that time then. It really opened my eyes, well, it opened something I'll say. When I'm done typing it out, I'll share it. Many of you will find this very interesting...

i'm getting a bit tired of reading these misconceptions... humans normally have 44 chromosomes, or 42+2 (42 regular chromosomes and 2 sex chromosomes). down syndrome have 1 extra on the 21st set (sometimes chromosomes are also refered to as 22 sets), which actually should be listed as the 22nd since it's the smallest set of human chromosomes (sometimes what's found in bad old microscopes in the 1950's lasts forever in science). so 43+2 as the down syndrome chromosome description is correct.
anyway, many apes have 46 chromosomes (or 44+2 or 23 sets). so 46+2 would not be the same as apes. maynard was definitely talking about 46+2 as being an evolutionary improvement, not as much specifically about the chromosomes, whether we get 4 more by some chromosomes splitting or we get more genetic material, but just about generally improving what we still need to improve, our minds and our spiritual side, rather than our bodies. (read this interview: http://toolshed.down.net/articles/t...ing.nov.96.html )

vile temptress
03-24-2004, 10:31 AM
by the way, do a search on google and you can buy that book, probably used and you might pay too much (since it is out of print). this is where i found it:
http://www.abetitles1.com/Title/204048/An+Alien+Conversation+about+the+Chariot+of+God.htm l

vile temptress
03-25-2004, 08:43 AM
actually, the song is about attaining a bigger penis through natural processes.

what a pointless endevor, don't men realize that the last thing the world needs is more big dicks?

AllforUnity
03-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Hmm...that's stupid to even say that about a TOOL song, that's pointless. He should be banned...

By the way, thanks for the interview thingy.

Brino
03-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I believe it's possibly about a few things, useful idiot sounds sort of like something with a snake and Maynards sings "crawling on my belly" in the song possibly reffering to a snake (metaphorically or not) and "shedding skin" so I don't know I also strongly agree with the evolution/de evolution ideas.

munted_soul
03-26-2004, 11:40 PM
actually, the song is about attaining a bigger penis through natural processes.

is there something you want to tell us mstajduh?

corps d'allumen
04-04-2004, 12:41 AM
is there something you want to tell us mstajduh?
LOL

corps d'allumen
04-04-2004, 12:43 AM
by the way, do a search on google and you can buy that book, probably used and you might pay too much (since it is out of print). this is where i found it:
http://www.abetitles1.com/Title/204048/An+Alien+Conversation+about+the+Chariot+of+God.htm l
I already have it, thanks. Also you are offically awesome by me:)

AllforUnity
04-09-2004, 02:50 PM
My nose keeps bleeding randomly.

ThreeDeviations
04-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Corps, you going to send that?

APointCollapsing
04-27-2004, 12:48 AM
46 & 2 is about the evolution of the human species. Right now we all have 46 chromosomes. The christ-like consciousness will occur when we have 48. Hence the references in the song to "digging through my old muscles looking for a clue" and "i want to feel the change consume me"

I know that I've only been a posting member of this community for like a few days, but honestly the quality of tool fans has decidedly declined. It's terrible.

Get an education. Read up on what the fuck you're talking about. Stop trying to tie Maynard's lyrics to his personal life. They are not personal. Read the older posts on this site, the intelligent ones. This topic was discussed well over four years ago, with much better initial questions too.

AllforUnity
04-28-2004, 12:05 PM
All the lyrics are meant to be for each individual to interpret;
that's the reason we leave a lot of the subject matter wide open. That's
one of the whole points to the band; that way, people can be drawn into
it and get something out of it, let their own mind work a little bit.
Lyrics were always a secondary thing for me too- like most of my records
I listen to, I didn't know what half the people are saying. I'm
listening to their phrasing and the way they sing it and the emotions
more, so I always looked at the voice more like an instrument, I guess.

The TOOL fans haven't declined...just some of the people who see something they think is a "good idea" and they claim it as their own. People do that way too much. That's a decline of intelligence right there.

exojjl
08-25-2004, 12:07 AM
brilliant

jonathan2994
03-02-2005, 09:13 AM

Maynard does sing a lot about de-evolution and ignorance--in a good way. He wants to primative, as do I. We're only regressing as a species now. If we were ignorant and simple (well, moreso), we'd be much happier.

Why can't we always feel alive?

PseudoSX
03-21-2005, 02:30 PM
People focus too much on the 46 & 2. You'd have to be retarded to believe in Melchezedic's theory. The point isn't the theory itself, but what the theory represents and the"shadow" as Jung describes it. Yet again, these are the minor points, simply doorways for a deeper explanation. The true point is accepting all of who you are, not just the parts you like, and moving your thinking further, elevating yourself and the human race. These fruity philosophies from theses crazy prophets hold no value if you take them literally, and I seriously doubt (or hope) that Maynard does. How can you promote thinking by preaching beliefs that make no sense. There are no people with 42 and 2 chromosomes. The ancient peoples have been chromosomally tested, they had 23 pairs just like us. And chromosomal numbers do not say what level of intelligence we have or may obtain, many animals have more chromosomes than we do. Relying on an actual physical evolution means what we do now makes no difference, we cannot be thinkers without the evolution. I doubt Tool believes that.

Maybe though I'm giving Maynard too much credit, he did say Genesis was originally written in Aramaic (which it wasn't).

UtUmNo1
03-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Why can't we always feel alive?

Go and see a counsellor. Seriously, your doom and gloom posts become disturbing after a while.

*gives big brother pat on shoulder* (not one hand on each shoulder either)

paraflux
03-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Maybe though I'm giving Maynard too much credit, he did say Genesis was originally written in Aramaic (which it wasn't).

Where did he say that?

PseudoSX
03-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Where did he say that?

In his video commentary about Judith for aMotion. He talked about Genesis, and the Christian tendency to mess with original messages. It's understandable that one would think it was originally in Aramaic, but Aramaic was a secondary language that didn't show up until well after the Nei'im (the prophets, Joshua-II Kings).

Masochistic Chia Pet
03-23-2005, 09:34 AM
People focus too much on the 46 & 2. You'd have to be retarded to believe in Melchezedic's theory. The point isn't the theory itself, but what the theory represents and the"shadow" as Jung describes it. Yet again, these are the minor points, simply doorways for a deeper explanation. The true point is accepting all of who you are, not just the parts you like, and moving your thinking further, elevating yourself and the human race. These fruity philosophies from theses crazy prophets hold no value if you take them literally, and I seriously doubt (or hope) that Maynard does. How can you promote thinking by preaching beliefs that make no sense. There are no people with 42 and 2 chromosomes. The ancient peoples have been chromosomally tested, they had 23 pairs just like us. And chromosomal numbers do not say what level of intelligence we have or may obtain, many animals have more chromosomes than we do. Relying on an actual physical evolution means what we do now makes no difference, we cannot be thinkers without the evolution. I doubt Tool believes that.

people are being born with more than 46 chromosomes now so why is this impossible. have you ever talked to an autistic person before but its scary how much they can remember. their mental capacity is insane. but without the last of the 48 chromosomes needed they are incapable of doing regular human activities.

PseudoSX
04-04-2005, 12:28 PM
people are being born with more than 46 chromosomes now so why is this impossible. have you ever talked to an autistic person before but its scary how much they can remember. their mental capacity is insane. but without the last of the 48 chromosomes needed they are incapable of doing regular human activities.

What in the world are you talking about? Autistics only have 46. They believe the genes responsible for autism are located in

"two regions on chromosomes 2 and 7 contain[ing] genes that are involved with autism. Likely locations for autism-related genes were also found on chromosomes 16 and 17" http://www.indegene.com/Psy/Home/indPsy_Ind_News_05-09-2001_1.asp

The only people born with more than 46 genes are people whose sex genes have increased (as with Turner X syndrome) or they have duplicates of one of the genes that already exist (Like trisomies, as in Down Syndromes trisomy 21). Years ago there was a belief that humans had 48 chromosomes because all large hominids had 48, but once more exact staining techniques were developed, they discovered that we had 46; 22 autonomal chromosomes and 2 sex chromosomes.

Navid
04-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Just briefly (I'm too tired to type a long post at the moment):
Gaining a number of chromosomes isn't necessarily an evolutionary step forward. It's simply a variation. However, most born with a number of chromosomes different to the norm' are not in an advantageous state of being. I don't mean to be insulting here - I simply mean that those with extra chromosomes don't seem to represent a "higher" state of being. Rather, they suffer from abnormalities, deficiencies and problems that can be life threatening.

And, incidentally, I was under the impression that Down's Syndrome referred to Trisomy 21 - the presence of a single extra chromosome. I didn't think that two extra chromosomes constitutes Down's Syndrome. Maybe I'm wrong - if so, correct me...

As to the song - I admit that when I first attempted to find meaning in it, I did think of the number of chromosomes in the human being. I didn't understand the reference to two more, however. I'm still deliberating whether the Forty-Six and Two refers to an "evolutionary step forward". I do feel that the Shadow reference has alot to do with Jungian ideas, however.

ufopancakes
04-24-2005, 09:25 PM
I am well educated in the background factual information of this song... I still think it has a metaphorical sense to it.... To me it is about moving on, evolving (in the metephorical sense) and change in general (which seems to be the underlying theme of Aenima, change and embracing change)

shamanstrance
04-30-2005, 01:27 PM
maybe it has to do with the SON [of man] equalling out to 48. S is the 19th number O is the 15th and N is the 14th. it could just be a coincidence though.

Raev'n
05-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Probably coincidence.

shamanstrance
05-03-2005, 03:54 PM
yeah i figured. but its still pretty interesting. and a different look at things.

Raev'n
05-03-2005, 04:39 PM
'Tis though, sorry I didn't fully reply. Was in a hurry.

SiGuy
05-03-2005, 11:35 PM
i dont understand why so many people are so hyped about the whole 46 chromosone deal, we dont all have 46
many have 45, 44, 41, 48, and 52 chromosones. but theres nothing wrong with them. quite often one attaches itself to another and sometimes they split apart, nothing wrong though. the Average preson has 46 when they are in a stage of mitosis, but again not always, it is a very intricate and elegant machine that can easily adapt and change its behaviour to accomidate the environment ie: shortage of protiens, radiation, dehydration, some scientists believe even that dna can share a phosphate chain with another strand, yeilding a 3 backbone chain. not to mention the fact that in the male 'y' chromosone, every allele (clump of base pairs) is represented in reverse somewhere else in the strand, which means it can repair itself. 44 and 2 is just an innacurate standard, nothing more.

Raev'n
05-04-2005, 02:12 PM
It is standard though. Most 'normal' (I know normal isn't exactly the right word but I'm sure you get my meaning) people do only have 46 but people with mental illnesses have different sets of chromosomes.

Ps: 52?

SiGuy
05-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Ps: 52?
sorry, i meant 50
its the, 7 9 12 16 18 20 chromosones, i think, they can split in half.

most of these mutations have absolutely No effect.

alexmaro
05-08-2005, 03:57 PM
If 46&2 in not the next evolutionary stage, as some suggest, it still works perfectly fine in a symbolic nature. currently being 44&2, 46&2 is higher and therefore "better" or not.
Take the first part of the song. First searching within, finding the things we need to fix, knowing when we're behind and picking the scabs. Ridding ourselves of our chaotic and insecure delusions. The inside is imperfect, needing cleansed. We need to metamorphisise, to growing, to feel the cleansing.
Looking back at our muscle memory, contemplating what we're clinging to, what keeps us from growing from being our better selves. Completely giving in. Evening resorting to imperfection as a way of seeing or gaing perfection.
Our shadow is a perfect copy of ourselves. To see our shadow change we must change oursleves first. Stepping through our shadow we are stepping through an older being a former self producing something new.
I've used many quotes from the song. all credit is infinitely given to maynard james keenan.

Raev'n
05-08-2005, 11:15 PM
sorry, i meant 50
its the, 7 9 12 16 18 20 chromosones, i think, they can split in half.

most of these mutations have absolutely No effect.

Lol, It made me laugh. My little brother has Down Syndrome and so I've done a bit of research on it. I'm not gonna post it up, cause it's not THAT little.

Dev88
03-03-2013, 06:11 AM
I agree about the meaning of 46 + 2. Have you read Drunvalo's The Secret of The Ancient Flower of Life volume 1 + 2. I take it you have, quite interesting books. I've read other books that refer to some of the same info such as The Precission of The Equinoxes. Apparently the egyptians were very aware of the levels of conscience for that is why they made some of there statues taller than others. The taller ones represented, not only figuritively but physically the beings in those higher states.

virginias377
07-26-2014, 04:16 PM

46 and two are the numbers of our dna

UtUmNo1
08-01-2014, 02:55 AM
I love thread necromancy. Two first posts covering over eight years....

Peace and blessed be . . .