PDA

View Full Version : The Shoulder Wound

Kostia
12-04-2002, 12:39 PM
I noticed today, watching Salival on my new tv/dvd player our house was in desperate need of... now that I'm watching it off something bigger than a pc monitor, I notice a lot more. On Stinkfist, do you remember when the male actor's shoulder seemed to give off a piece of itself, an excess, that he pulled off and put it a jar?

Well curiously... when the actors "shed" their "skin"... and it's mostly down to makeup muscles and such... you notice, as his female companion is looking after him while he sits, the place where he removed some of his skin is wounded and raw. And even later in the video, the little worm that speaks into his ear, I noticed, is inhabiting that same place.

What could this mean? He made the wound... to feel alive?, in keeping with the theme of the song... and then the worm steps in. Perhaps he allowed it to; it may represent an even more complex form of being desensitized. Or maybe it is preying upon him without any consent. It seemed to have taken over about two thirds of his back side...

Hmm.

Any thoughts??