PDA

View Full Version : Tree of Life

Tool_Is_Sick
11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I was going to put this into the socializing section but there are alot of people who "Hate" Tool in there and I wanted to avoid asshole comments but I have a question for someone in here. Hopefully you can help me out.

Well I have been looking on the internet for the past 30 mins looking for a picture/image of the Tree of life "Kabblah" (Tricky stands by it at around 5:18 ) in the Parabola video. I dont know where else to turn too so i figured I would ask you guys. Any suggestions?

endless_nameless
11-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Do you mean the actual picture from the video or just a picture of the tree of life in general?
http://www.toolpantheon.com/lateralus_meanings.htm

If you're after the picture from the video, I think there's one in the booklet for the Parabola single, and if you've got the video on your computer you could always just pause it and capture the image.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks Endless_Nameless...I want the actual one from the video and I never thought out looking in the booklet to parabola. I am thinking of getting a tattoo involving the tree of life but im not 100% on it..Just lookin at some things. Thanks once again my friend.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-15-2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.toolpantheon.com/lateralus_meanings.htm

Very Informative about Lateralus!! Awesome Find.

CrazyDiamond1985
11-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks Endless_Nameless...I want the actual one from the video and I never thought out looking in the booklet to parabola. I am thinking of getting a tattoo involving the tree of life but im not 100% on it..Just lookin at some things. Thanks once again my friend.

If i were you, i would take lots of time to study what the tree of life, seed of life, flower of life, etc... is all about before you tattoo something on your body. it has to stay there for all your life, maybe if you pick something too soon, you will regret that you were so shortsighted by "just" tattooing the tree of life. i'm also looking for something genius, i have the money in the bank, but really need to make (find) something unique and genius before i'm going to the shop.

maybe pick up a book about sacret geometry, qabala, flower of life and you will soon discover that there's more to the picture than meets the eye (yeah yeah i stole that one from Neil Young).

Good luck my friend. I hope this will help you.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-15-2007, 10:11 PM
If i were you, i would take lots of time to study what the tree of life, seed of life, flower of life, etc... is all about before you tattoo something on your body. it has to stay there for all your life, maybe if you pick something too soon, you will regret that you were so shortsighted by "just" tattooing the tree of life. i'm also looking for something genius, i have the money in the bank, but really need to make (find) something unique and genius before i'm going to the shop.

maybe pick up a book about sacret geometry, qabala, flower of life and you will soon discover that there's more to the picture than meets the eye (yeah yeah i stole that one from Neil Young).

Good luck my friend. I hope this will help you.

Thanks man I will take a deeper look at the tree of life..but honestly i wanna get it because i think it looks cool..thats pretty much it but ill look deeper into it like i said because then it might mean something more to me. Once again thanks for your thoughts.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Je F-ing Zus TIS, don't be up at 2 a.m. trying to pick a tatoo. Make sure you're well rested, on the other hand if it involves tool art you probably can't go wrong.
I started the nine planets of the solar system across my back a few years ago
but they keep changing planets so what 's up with that?

First off..What is Je F-ing Zus TIS? I am guessing TIS is my username but whats up with that?...anyway..I am looking to get a tattoo of the tree of life on my back with TOOL at the base of the tree..I know it sounds like a basic boring tattoo but its something that I would like if its draw and done correctly. I want the Tool letters to be detailed like this...http://toolshed.down.net/pix/tdn/award2000small.jpg Like I said if done correctly...I think i would enjoy it and thats all that matters to me..and just to point out..it would be my first tattoo so yeah its still up in the air but im leaning toward it.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Well ive thought about that before...but i really dont believe that I will ever hate Tool..they are one of those bands, in my opinion, that you never forget. Ive learned alot about life in general through Tool..I look at everything at a different angle then I used and I pretty much analyze anything nowadays..I even think outside of the box about Bud light commericals..Ever see the commercial with the news anchor desk? At the end they are happy about being in 9th place for Tv ratings...Why are they happy?

I know it sounds silly, call me a sheep, whatever you desire but it is what it is man..and i know i dont really get into detail about what ive learn and tell everyone how I feel about certain topics but i just love Tool...What else can I say?

I hope your not one of those people on this website that hate Tool..Are you?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-16-2007, 10:26 PM
i don't know how i feel about sometimes tool man, that's a pretty personal question that you should just leave between me and tool

I agree with you 100% man but i know that I love Tool and I always will. I just run into alot of people in the interact section and most of them hate Tool. So i wont ask you anything more about your liking or disliking of Tool. Peace man.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Get a wrech with two lug nuts at the base with tool in the middle...joking...
sorry to abbreviate your name/ TOOL IS SICK / seriously though I have this pluto
tattoo (I know I misspelled it before) so now what?

I dont know what to tell you with that man..it really sucks that you went with a tat that HUGE and now Pluto is not a planet. Tell the goverment to name another rock in space and put that one on your back..lol i dont know man that sucks.

CrazyDiamond1985
11-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Just as a warning, I used to feel this way, they were my favorite band and in my opinion some of the greatest music I'd heard, but the sad truth is that the flames cooled off after a few years and I moved on.

Not saying it'll happen to you, just that it could.

That's the reason why band tattoos aren't the best choice. You will eventualy move on.

There is nothing wrong with the tree of life though, but you need to understand it's concept before you tattoo it on your body. It is so much more than just a cool drawing. Friends will ask you what i means, and the only thing you will be able to say is "i just think it's cool". That's not really giving a lot of a credit to its genius.

CrazyDiamond1985
11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Have Beatle fans moved on? Do Pink Floyd fans move on? Elvis fans should.....
Do Jews and Muslims move on? (the last ones here should!)

I'm still a huge Pink Floyd fan, but I have moved on.

At that time, I was also dying to get a Pink Floyd tat, i'm pretty happy I haven't made the step afterall. You will move on, but that doesn't mean you stop appreciating the music, you just don't listen to it that often anymore. My room is still full of Floyd and Roger Waters posters though.

Anyway, I think band tattoos are not a good choice for that reason. There are probably not many tattoos that are a good choice :D (what's up with those fucking tribals?).

I will just make my own design, it has to be perfect (really really perfect), and when it's finished, i will wait for a month, and after that month i will make the final decision if i want it on my body for the rest of my life or not.

iAMtheMA!
11-22-2007, 04:25 PM
heh, i love how the entire album is a plant or tree of some sort. pretty sweet.
i have sticky hands, do you?