PDA

View Full Version : Redisocvering Viginti Tres

fnshmetal
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I just had a awesome listening experience of 10,000 days. A lot of new interpretations and perspectives which led to a whole new interpretation of Viginti Tres.

As far as 10,000 Days goes its a album about death and rebirth; the whole cycle of everything around us and every emotion we feel.

So while listening to Viginti Tres I get this visual in my head of floating around this place of infinite energy and potential; which soon became very familiar of Alex Grey's "Net Of Being" painting.
The soul, spirit, consciousness whatever you call it is being presented to these god heads and being given a choice. Which is "Ascisco" the only word in the song. Ascisco in Latin means to receive, admit / adopt / take up, approve. Which makes a lot of sense with the album as far as accepting changes and learning to move on and grow from things which are not truly permanent. (If you want proof the word is Ascisco d/l this mp3 of the section sped up with higher pitch)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZQF0WDQ

I don know if anyone else notices but leading up to the word you can hear what sounds like breathing of these God Heads, it gets so intense it can really put you in that setting.

Seeing Viginti Tres this way also made me realize the images in the album art probably are in sequential order in regard to the songs on the album. Which would also connect to the puzzle, assuming its not just a joke by Tool.

fnshmetal
11-26-2007, 11:34 PM
jeez, no replies I thought this was a forum.

Thoracic Tergon
11-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Clear, concise, makes sense. Good idea

Rolo
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
jeez, no replies I thought this was a forum.

Maybe everyone agrees towards your explaination. It is interesting.

parables in the world
12-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Thats pretty cool..