PDA

View Full Version : my screwed up interpretation

Tantobourne
08-23-2003, 05:05 PM
The only reason I'm placing this here versus the Aenima forum is because it was this version that really had my jaw-drop. I'd listened to it several times before but never appreciated or heard it like I did recently.

Disclaimer: I'm an authority on nothing.

Dreaming of that face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

----------He's embracing his spirituality, reaching out to it.

On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

----------Taking his knocks in life but having the balls to get back up and keep going ("Knock me down, I'll come back running")

In... Out... In... Out... In... Out...

----------Living. Breathing. The process of.

A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
It said that life is but a dream.
I've spent so many years in question
to find I've known this all along.

----------a realization, while coming out of the haze, knowing where you are and where you're going. The seven veils of illusion perhaps stripped away if only for a brief moment.

"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much.
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running?"

----------He's talking to his higher self, his acended potential.

Shroud-ing all the ground around me
Is this holy crow above me.
Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun.

----------The dark side of a holy life, just as important as the light. Open recognition of its existence and finding value in its portent. It is our duality and the evolving union, a natural flow. The crow is related to many things in history: Guardian of the Place Before Existence, Carrier of Souls from Darkness into Light, A Bringer of Knowledge, omens of death, a strong representative of Yang forces... There's some writing about 'a sun behind the sun' or of a 'black sun' but I haven't dug much up on it.

I stick my hand into his shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand.
Which I attempt to reassemble
To see just who I might have been.

----------In recognition and acceptance of his duality is the wisdom found in the journey to union. We are from a greater memory that is realized, or 'remembered', in the act of spiritual growth. The strength of his realizations are the new implements with which he is going to use on his awakening journey. ("Let's go digging")

I do not recognize the vessel,
But the eyes seem so familiar.
Like phosphorescent desert buttons
Singing one familiar song...

----------Perhaps he's looking upon himself from a third-person perspective, fucked up on peyote, and in rapt spiritual communion.

"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much.
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much.
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running away?"

----------Ah, "Why are you running away?" he asks. He's sees his higher-self but he is in the throes of the drug. This is just a chance meeting. We aren't meant to see our higher selves. Through evolution we normally 'become' our higherselves. Here though, he did see his potential and it has effected him in a profound way. Since he's jumped the natural evolution of his realization he is seeing things he normally wouldn't see. He's privy to visions and experience for, a short time, which eventually start to receed from him, in a sense running away.

Prying open my third eye.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were.

So good to see you once again
I thought that you were hiding from me.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.

Prying open my third eye.

----------What can you say. An experience like that could definately be likened to opening one's third eye and taking the step towards becoming a spiritual person. But because of the drug, it's forced. Without drug intervention a person's spiritual development is gradual through the rise and decline of their life. With drugs, the sensory overload almost fills you to the point of bursting, you're awareness has just excellerated like a centrifuge. But our physical bodies aren't meant to sustain that level of vibration without finally discorporation & death. As the body works through the throes of the overwhelming high, the floodgates of the synapses begin to close, again, restoring equilibrium. And as the enthralled senses regain composure one almost feels bereft of the encompassing moment. You don't want to part with the moment but here you are drawn back to reality.

Those drug induced experiences are not always gentle and prodding. People will find at least one intense drug-experience that rips away everything that you've known and held dear. A drug experience that has total disregard for your fears and inabilities. Drug experiences like that strip away every layer of your being and leave you raw to the sensory input of a relentless reality.

"Third eye" is a relation of that occurance. It's the rending and raping of a soul like an aborted infant brought into the world too soon. It is all at once beautiful and frightening to the person awash in the experience.

trippletaurus
08-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Screwed up interpretation? You need some chicken soup for the less than confident soul The one line that I am still working on myself though is… where the buttons are: singing one familar song.. One of these days I'll get it.

Tantobourne
08-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Screwed up interpretation? You need some chicken soup for the less than confident soul

Alright, truth be told, confidence is probably the strongest antagonist within me. It's a bitch. I can't seem to find the fine line between confidence and arrogance. I'd rather be undecided in that aspect than to commit myself and find out somewhere down the line how wrong I might have been. Other people interpret it as 'chickenshit'. That's a completely different subject, though.

trippletaurus
08-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Off topic but related. I was lucky enough to have a few English teachers in school that were quite good. But one of them I locked horns with on several occasions. One of the arguments that still sticks like velcro is the stance that educators and textbook writers take on interpretation.
These people will tell you with utter conviction, line by line what a writer ment. I would always question him. Pissed him right on off. If 5 people read the same book, you are going to have 5 different opinions- that is just how it works. Maybe it is because I agree with you, but I thought it was dead on. :)

trippletaurus
08-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Buttons- singing one familar song I think I have a handle on this line now. Seretonin (sp?) occurs naturaly in the brain correct? So if you ingest a drug (or plant) that contains seretonin then you are, in effect hiting your own playback button …so to speak.

hoodling1229
11-06-2004, 04:47 PM
wow, great insite. i have addition though: Maynard might be trying to say that you don't need drugs to open your third eye; he is trying to ween himself from them and pry it open manually, remembernig what it was like, perhaps opening it through merkaba meditation or hynogogic states. someone else told me something along those lines, and i made my own interpretation. it's simple, but it makes since, and from it you can make inferences about the other lyrics that make since.

edit: i just realized there's another post that says this exact same thing. sorry.

paraflux
11-22-2004, 02:46 PM
And I want to add mine as well. I think the point is to reach this place without the use of any external substances, and to remain there indefinitely.