PDA

View Full Version : Best Performed Live

ProfoundHaytred
12-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Which song is best performed live off of Lateralus?....
hmm, maybe the patient with its eon blue intro, or if you've had the chance to see Lateralus, uhh yea i think that would take the cake.

Un Lapin
12-04-2002, 05:50 PM
the grudge. that song weighs a tonne.

so far my favourite tool song as well. it's the song i've been waiting for them to write.

dissociation
12-04-2002, 06:32 PM
lateralus.

definately lateralus. aww awww i'm gonna come i'm gonna come.

but seriously, lateralus or triad... well, at least the first time i heard triad. second time it lost the magic of hearing it for the first time.

the grudge is really fucking great too.

all in all, lateralus, the grudge, triad.

AsproClear
12-04-2002, 07:20 PM
I can't separate The Grudge and Lateralus. Schism is a close second.

I was impressed with The Patient too. Definitely sounds better live.

bottom_feeder99
12-05-2002, 08:17 AM
LATERALUS is by far the best song to see live I saw it In Calgary and Vancouver and the power during that song is intence....the whole crowd just sat and listned. wierd state of mind.

scorpioali
12-05-2002, 02:36 PM
lateralus, for sure. there's such an incredible energy in the venue when that song is played.

Dissonance
12-06-2002, 01:40 AM
I saw the last show of their recent tour and they performed most of the album live. I have to say, the entire "triad" (Disposition, Reflections, Triad) was intense live. I'll never forget it. It was touching, deep, personal, and beautiful. Everysong sounded great live, but the Trinity of Lateralus was truly a transcendant thing

Professor Frink
12-06-2002, 08:31 AM
Since they're all amazing live, it's quite difficult to pick just one or two. I was in awe the whole time The Grudge was playing. Unfortunately, i ddin't get to see The Patient. The entire part after the intermission (D-R-T-Lat), however, blew me away. It was easily the highlight of my night.

rickiep00h
12-09-2002, 05:24 PM
The Trilogy and Lateralus were amazing, but I had a hell of a lot more fun trying to figure out the new intro to Parabol that they played the night I saw them. I think Parabol/a went from 10 minutes to almost 12 with that intro.

verisimilitude
12-09-2002, 07:37 PM
triad. so much goes into this song live, it's mindblowing. a close second would be lateralus.

Euphorian82
12-10-2002, 01:25 PM
Definitely Lateralus for me. I thought I was gonna cry during that song. It's not so much the way they play it, but just the overall experience. It's without a doubt a perfect concert closer.

The prize for most improved song live goes to Triad, however. I never really got into it that much on CD, but live it transforms into something much more intense, even though (or maybe because) it has no vocals. I've seen them play it live only once, on the Dutch Ozzfest 2002, where they were joined by the Mike Bordin from Ozzy's band and Dave Lombardo from Slayer. They just went nuts up there.

LearnToSwim
12-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Laaaaaateralus

I love how Maynard's little platform slowly spins. Oh man! And everyone in the band completely gets into it. It's sooo fucking amazing.

fibonacci
12-11-2002, 01:25 PM
i would definately have to say H.