PDA

View Full Version : it's not too late

euphyllia
11-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I was listening to reflection on my way home tonight and a thought crossed my mind. the line "crucify the ego, before it's far too late" played through the speakers in my car, and i thought about what it would mean to be too late in this context. personally i feel that it's never too late unless you are actually passing on or dead. each persn has to travel through their own personally significant set of events before they are prepared to move forward. anyway, that is something i thought of on my way home tonignt. anybody who is willing is welcome to post a reaction.

GideonBufo
11-05-2007, 01:56 AM
I've heard some people go as far as saying Tool is warning us about some catastrophe and only those who "cruisify the ego" will live past this. I dont know about all that shit but some of the stuff about "crossing the gap" mentioned in schism pushit jambi and lateralus make me think otherwise sometimes. I dont think their prophets but i do believe that they are right in saying something crazy could take place in the near future and that crusifing the ego could probably really help for that. Its cool to speculate but i imagine its all metaphorical.

Angel on the Sideline
11-06-2007, 06:41 AM
I think by too late the inference is: "before I'm hopelessly and completely swallowed by the ego to the point that I'm beyond redemption."

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
11-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I think by too late the inference is: "before I'm hopelessly and completely swallowed by the ego to the point that I'm beyond redemption."

You know, I feel like I've met people like that. Well, all I know is I don't have time to help someone out of their ego. What a task...

Dr.Styles
11-13-2007, 06:54 AM
To answer this problem, one must look to mainstream music. Look at all the bullshit like Fergieliscious and 50 cent, competing to see who can stick their Head the furthest up their Arse.

For these fools, it is far too late.

Dr.Styles
11-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Mainstream, in general, equates to shit.

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
11-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Mainstream, in general, equates to shit.

everything we swallow equates to shit, may as well dive in

CrazyDiamond1985
11-14-2007, 05:15 AM
everything we swallow equates to shit, may as well dive in

I prefer using a toilet though.

Wolfman's Imaginary Band
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I prefer using a toilet though.

That's the problem with the world today, we can't poop freely on the city streets because of your toilets

Shax
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
That's the problem with the world today, we can't poop freely on the city streets because of your toilets

lol

Bushes, ftw.

MORNING_GLORY
02-02-2008, 06:25 AM
I see Reflection as that mystical death/rebirth process that all of us must go through, either in this life, or at death. In order to reach a higher chakra, enlightenment, illumination, or whatever you choose to call it, our ego must be killed and reborn. The word "crucify" denotes death and rebirth. As described in many books, including the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the death/rebirth process is not only a literal process, but one that involves the ego. One can either fight it and end up with more complexes and problems and built up energy than necessary, or you can learn to accept it, give in to it, and "let the light touch you" and kill that fuckin' ego. Its no good. Its that little voice in the front of your head that is constantly asking and questioning and telling you what to think about things. Tell that voice to shut up once in awhile. Its just your mind keeping busy, doing what it does.