PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Wants Us To Evolve

YURAKAPTIV
12-04-2002, 09:34 AM
This is my second posting on this song.My first posting I told how I thought the song was about the state of our country,world and humanity.I was shot down by few people,so it got me to thinking am I right,am I wrong,on the right track?I had one person actually say that I was flat out wrong and that Tool's songs are about much more PROFOUND subjects.I have read some you alls(yeah I'm from the south) thoughts and have decided to combine them with my own,cause after all aren't we all one mind anyway.More specific I combined the thought that I read on how the song is about the struggle of Tool through the past few years and how Maynard doesn't know if wants to continue with Tool.I had these thoughts swirling in the back of my head for the past week or so and it all surfaced as one thought yesterday.I had just got done listening to an interview that Maynard had done with an Ohio radio station.He was speaking on how he hopes that one day in the near future someone or something would come along and change this system we're living in,namely how the media and advertiising is molding us into mindless repetative monkeys,programming us into caring more about chik'n nuggets and the cars we drive,rather than the state of our Mother Earth and how we're killing our lifeforce.So now my outake on the song is that is not only about the state of our country(the U.S.A. cause after all like I said in my previous post we are ther main superpowerr in the world,the main faction in how this world is being destroyed,and if we change then so will the rest of the world or at least it will make an enormous impact on the state of the Earth)or the struggle of Maynards dualities,or as he put it his pessimistic-optimism,but both combined.In the song he is speaking of how he hopes that what Tool is doing is going to be a catalyst for someone else.How he wants something to come along and change the WEATHER of the world.He wants the dark clouds that loom over our heads to turn into beatiful rays of sunshine.He has faith in humanity to change its self,but at the same time he wonders if this reality will ever come true.He knows that we are near the end if we don't hurry up and change our ways.Why do you think at every concert he speaks of how he wants us to draw from the experience and create something positive and what could be more positve than creating something that would change the face of humanity.