PDA

View Full Version : wats it about

aenima19
11-01-2007, 04:36 AM
the song is in a personal way about his mother....but could be interpreted as others for each individual

wearethestories
11-01-2007, 07:19 AM
the song is in a personal way about his mother....but could be interpreted as others for each individual
wait.

are you saying that this song is about his mother but, for us listeners, it could be about anyone else because those people would be close to us?

thought that was clear and exactly what other people have been posting as to why this song is so emotionally moving for them...

what's your point?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Easy Killer..He is new to the house.

wearethestories
11-02-2007, 03:57 AM
*backs off a little and apologizes*

*still maintains that bite is worse than bark, even with evidence to the contrary*

aenima19
11-07-2007, 04:12 AM
yes im new to this site and i didnt feel like going thru hundreds of posts to figure out wat ppl have already said. sorry if i wasted ur time but u dont have to post if on it if u feel its useless...or u could post ur THOTS :) on it

wearethestories
11-07-2007, 07:42 AM
yes im new to this site and i didnt feel like going thru hundreds of posts to figure out wat ppl have already said. sorry if i wasted ur time but u dont have to post if on it if u feel its useless...or u could post ur THOTS :) on it

I was/am wondering if I missed something... it seems RATHER obvious (even without looking at other posts) that the song is about his mother and could be interpreted for each listener as their own "Marie". Was there something you were suggesting other than this, or was this merely a thread to tell everyone else what we know from hearing it and listening to TOOL for quite some time?

I was/am just confused.

aenima19
11-07-2007, 08:32 PM
i have a question to ask some of u ppl. unless i have been miss informed wasnt his mom in a coma b4 she died? and wasnt she in it for almost 10000 days? just wondering if ne of u have heard the same thing

aenima19
11-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Well, I see you posting a lot. Which is fine. The fact you don't read all the other threads first can annoy some people, but alas, whatever may float.

The way you post, your style, is a tad annoying. I think it distracts from the message you want to tell.

More punctuation etc..

That is, of course, a remark on my part regarding posts you make at t.d.n. except in posts you make in the Recycle Bin. In the bin (almost) everything is allowed.

Happy Listening,

im sorry but i have found on most forums that alot of ppl post the way i do. i just use simple abbreviations and such. im sorry if it annoys u :\

TurdEye13
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
u no honstly i thnk this prolly makes it so u can read wat im sayin fastr. im gona start doin it

learn to type

aenima19
11-09-2007, 02:01 AM
u no honstly i thnk this prolly makes it so u can read wat im sayin fastr. im gona start doin it

i understand it just fine...its really not hard at all :\

aenima19
11-09-2007, 02:02 AM
His (Maynard's) mom (Judith Marie) has been paralysed for 27 years (which is about 10,000 Days) before she died. These two songs, Wings for Marie & 10,000 Days, are about Maynard's mom.

Remember that not everyone on the forum is a native English speaking person.

thank u for the confirmation on that

jenocide
01-22-2010, 09:15 AM
voice low..hes sing'n a favorite song to her in a time of need and comfort..say'n You believed in me so I'll believe for you "that dream of her heaven" if only for you..windows of a soul..last thoughts on innocent childhood dreams..that she believed even when he and others didnt..day light of eyes vanished leave'n only dull over heads lights..she may have even been a donor saving another.

Godcell11
08-16-2010, 02:59 PM
I took a fat rip of 40x Salvia while listening to this song and shadowy figures--the word jinn fits well for me--like took off the top of my skull. "Fell at the hands of those movements that I wouldn't see." Freaky shit

Why I did that, I don't know. It was a couple years ago and I was really convinced that psychedelics posed answers to the meaning of life, as well as Tool. I think there is something to it now, but don't be a tool. I was listening to 10,000 Days (Wings for Marie 2) and actually felt a stone pillar rise through me at that part that's like: "Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended." I think the skeptics of the psychedelic experience, the ones who say it's just a chemical malfunction of consciousness, should consider these less-than-random phenomena.

Salvia's too fuckin' weird and unpleasant for me, and sometimes Tool's like that too, to tell you the truth. I did DMT about a year and a half or so later, maybe the Salvia shit was 2.5 or 3 years ago, and saw a reptilian-humanoid, leopard-designed demon in the bardo while listening to Tool. I don't necessarily believe in demons as actually discarnate autonomous organisms, but they are real forces in the psyche, I believe. I wonder what the relationship between Tool and demons is. Anybody?

Godcell11
08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
I took a fat rip of 40x Salvia while listening to this song and shadowy figures--the word jinn fits well for me--like took off the top of my skull. "Fell at the hands of those movements that I wouldn't see." Freaky shit

Why I did that, I don't know. It was a couple years ago and I was really convinced that psychedelics posed answers to the meaning of life, as well as Tool. I think there is something to it now, but don't be a tool. I was listening to 10,000 Days (Wings for Marie 2) and actually felt a stone pillar rise through me at that part that's like: "Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended." I think the skeptics of the psychedelic experience, the ones who say it's just a chemical malfunction of consciousness, should consider these less-than-random phenomena.

Salvia's too fuckin' weird and unpleasant for me, and sometimes Tool's like that too, to tell you the truth. I did DMT about a year and a half or so later, maybe the Salvia shit was 2.5 or 3 years ago, and saw a reptilian-humanoid, leopard-designed demon in the bardo while listening to Tool. I don't necessarily believe in demons as actually discarnate autonomous organisms, but they are real forces in the psyche, I believe. I wonder what the relationship between Tool and demons is. Anybody?

I'm not saying I believe Tool is "satanic" (maybe), I think the better answer is they're not afraid of the dark, specifically the dark side of knowledge. They're pro-knowledge. If something is there, see it for yourself--knowledge. That's my personal view, as I am still wary of being unconsciously led into the gate of hades under the facade of spiritual awakening and transformation.

SpiralOut34
08-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm not saying I believe Tool is "satanic" (maybe), I think the better answer is they're not afraid of the dark, specifically the dark side of knowledge. They're pro-knowledge. If something is there, see it for yourself--knowledge. That's my personal view, as I am still wary of being unconsciously led into the gate of hades under the facade of spiritual awakening and transformation.

I personally think you're going a bit too far in thinking that Tool is writing about religion. To believe in a hell you must believe in a paradise, in my opinion. I do not see them as a satanic band at all--definently a very open minded band, but not satanic in the least. I do not believe Tool is writing about religions--the songs that are closest to that are Judith (APC) and Wings for Marie Pt. 1/2 but even those are discussing his mother. They make references to religion, they do not write songs about it. But this is just my opinion. I'm not saying they can't be religious or are anti-religion at all, as I do not believe they are. I went through my own phase where I was angry with whatever God I believed in at the time, but I never hated the religion as a whole. As much as Tool discourages following as sheep, I think sometimes they view religions this way and so may pull that into their music. But they don't have any songs directly about religion, only references to religion in respect to Judith Marie.

Roopey
08-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Sorry.

Ok, well Tool is religious in a sense of the word. They are spiritual. Based on the way Maynard writes his lyrics, he firmly believes that each person should come to their own conclusion about themselves, their environment, really, life in general, because if you don't then YOU are not living YOUR life, SOMEONE ELSE HAS MADE ALL YOUR DECISIONS FOR YOU, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF GARBAGE. To open your eye and see the truth. We are all connected, we are all one, we come from the same and we all return to the same. As is the above, so is the below.

So, yes in a way they are religious, just in a much more evolved way than what most fear-based religions impose onto people. Life is about balance of hemispheres, of light and dark, of conscious and unconscious. Feel the light. It is ever-present and it will make you whole again.

BTW, this song is about the last stage in individuation, wisdom. Your mother being the first person your anima is projected onto and the final realization of true reality. Please, people research, learn, grow.

Roopey
09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
After doing more research recently, I wanted to correct myself, this isn't even close to the last stage.

Michał
12-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Woah, what a wonderful insight being shared there.
Even teh bin wud prolly motivate Nard betta to write songz.