PDA

View Full Version : Occult

chemicalprophet
08-21-2003, 06:26 PM
"Thomas - Illuminate me. I'm just praying for you to show me where I'm to begin. Hoping to Reconnect to you. (into one)
(Lots of inaudible garble at the end there. As it ends I can make out "dig my diction," and its sounds like a bunch of eager cries, saying "Tommy") "

The Gospel of Thomas is a Gnostic scripture. In Gnosis Self Knowledge is the same as Divine Knowledge.

chemicalprophet
08-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Sorry bout that I accidently clicked on new thought instead of post followup. That was meant for the thread about subliminal messages in french where tomatoms ranted about APC being for him only. Sorry.

tomatoms
09-03-2003, 11:01 PM
i don't understand what this was a response to in the thread it was meant for. I can hear the tommies n shit. when he sings it live, now, it sounds like he says, "till then two." at the end, but its growled out, so it is interpretable, i think. The song could be about the need to "see" before believing. illuminate me, im just praying for you to show me where i am to begin. nothing is about me, really. i am nothing. for now.

i'm curious about this Gospel of Thomas, and gnositicism. what the hell are they, and what is this "gospel" all about? is it an acount of the disciple, or something else? just curious.

chemicalprophet
09-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Gnosticism has a long and mysterious pre Christian history, but became a form of Christianity before there was an orthodox church. Gnostics maintained they had a secret knowledge of Christ and God. Gnosticism is unique in that it holds divinity is attained through esoteric knowledge of god, as opposed to blind faith. Since Gnostic concepts couldn't fit into dogma, after the orthodox church came to power they were prosecuted along with Kabalists and others. Gnosticism went underground then, and its teachings were integral to most occult societies, where the "secret" Gnostic wisdom was passed down. The Gospel of Thomas was found in Egypt in 19(45?). It's the written account of the disciple Thomas. It offers a uniquely different view of Christ and his inner circle of apostles that more closely resembles an occult society. The writers of the New Testamet were not a part of that circle. Despite attempts by the Roman Catholic Church to discredit the Gospel of Thomas, most scholars of today agree it's geniune. It's important to note that Christ was against the political power of the synagogues, which was very much like the political power of the Catholic Church was and to some extent is.

dark_star
10-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Gnosticism has a long and mysterious pre Christian history, but became a form of Christianity before there was an orthodox church. Gnostics maintained they had a secret knowledge of Christ and God. Gnosticism is unique in that it holds divinity is attained through esoteric knowledge of god, as opposed to blind faith. Since Gnostic concepts couldn't fit into dogma, after the orthodox church came to power they were prosecuted along with Kabalists and others. Gnosticism went underground then, and its teachings were integral to most occult societies, where the "secret" Gnostic wisdom was passed down. The Gospel of Thomas was found in Egypt in 19(45?). It's the written account of the disciple Thomas. It offers a uniquely different view of Christ and his inner circle of apostles that more closely resembles an occult society. The writers of the New Testamet were not a part of that circle. Despite attempts by the Roman Catholic Church to discredit the Gospel of Thomas, most scholars of today agree it's geniune. It's important to note that Christ was against the political power of the synagogues, which was very much like the political power of the Catholic Church was and to some extent is.

Very Interesting, where can I learn more about this and other such topics?

AllforUnity
10-11-2003, 12:40 AM
You can see stuff about it on the History Channel, and just type in Gnosticism on MSN or something.

ufopancakes
09-07-2011, 05:32 AM
I love this post too. Wonderful Dialogues and I'm a arabic girl refrigerator talker.

ufopancakes
09-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Well hell, now that the spam is removed, my post really makes no cents.

marcus
09-08-2011, 11:15 AM
doesn't many any dollars either