PDA

View Full Version : francisisquo

distantthud
10-31-2007, 03:35 PM
When me and my friends first listen partied this album, when we got to Vigniti Tres, two of us deduced that we heard the heartbeats of aliens, and that the vocalist was an alien, calling out "Fransisco". I don't remember if we tried to describe the other sounds or not, but that's the goal of Vigniti Tres, audio wonderment. With Aenima's songs, I saw colors and light, with Lateralus, I saw pathways being carved, and with 10,000 Days, I see universes. The song titles float off the booklet to make you wonder if you'll ever be coming down.

That's what I love about the new Tool era, anywhere they go, it's futher.

wearethestories
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
When me and my friends first listen partied this album, when we got to Vigniti Tres, two of us deduced that we heard the heartbeats of aliens, and that the vocalist was an alien, calling out "Fransisco". I don't remember if we tried to describe the other sounds or not, but that's the goal of Vigniti Tres, audio wonderment. With Aenima's songs, I saw colors and light, with Lateralus, I saw pathways being carved, and with 10,000 Days, I see universes. The song titles float off the booklet to make you wonder if you'll ever be coming down.

That's what I love about the new Tool era, anywhere they go, it's futher.

interesting....

but what the hell would "francisco/francisquo/francisisquo" mean if it was an alien saying it?

Inner_Eulogy
11-01-2007, 09:20 AM
interesting....

but what the hell would "francisco/francisquo/francisisquo" mean if it was an alien saying it?

Perhaps he was introducing himself....=-)

distantthud
11-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Well, nothing if your name's not Fransico. Or maybe they mean San Fransico. -(Ions) and Faipp de Oiad kinda take me to the same place. Tool's place in musical history is kinda sealed by the fact that the people who listen to their music frequently or are "in to it" are also the people getting to experience the packaging and Lipan Conjuring, and talking about it. Aliens or pretty much anything in the realm of the occult esoteric conspiracy range has been touched in some way by Tool in the past, so why not again? I feel, on this album, stuff is either moving towards the barrier or is already there, I think because of Rosetta Stoned (mammoth title for a mammoth jam), I am personally set up by Vigniti Tres' soundscape. The story I like to perceive in Rosetta Stoned, is this guy is having a repeat trip. He's induced the items necessary to push the barriers of his imagination, and now that he believes he's being abducted, he's face to face with a completely other barrier. Some people believe that psychedelics like mushroom spores or even DMT were put in it their places by others. Some say we'll see armageddon soon, and I guess it's those people with their short memories that can't get out the details of our ending. FRANSIiSCOOOOOOooo

Inner_Eulogy
11-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, nothing if your name's not Fransico. Or maybe they mean San Fransico. -(Ions) and Faipp de Oiad kinda take me to the same place. Tool's place in musical history is kinda sealed by the fact that the people who listen to their music frequently or are "in to it" are also the people getting to experience the packaging and Lipan Conjuring, and talking about it. Aliens or pretty much anything in the realm of the occult esoteric conspiracy range has been touched in some way by Tool in the past, so why not again? I feel, on this album, stuff is either moving towards the barrier or is already there, I think because of Rosetta Stoned (mammoth title for a mammoth jam), I am personally set up by Vigniti Tres' soundscape. The story I like to perceive in Rosetta Stoned, is this guy is having a repeat trip. He's induced the items necessary to push the barriers of his imagination, and now that he believes he's being abducted, he's face to face with a completely other barrier. Some people believe that psychedelics like mushroom spores or even DMT were put in it their places by others. Some say we'll see armageddon soon, and I guess it's those people with their short memories that can't get out the details of our ending. FRANSIiSCOOOOOOooo

Maybe 10% of everything you just said actually made any sense.

wearethestories
11-01-2007, 11:39 AM
FRANSIiSCOOOOOOooo

so... the guy's name is franciso?

Inner_Eulogy
11-02-2007, 09:36 AM

Well, I meant the alien. In the song they may be all mean looking and sounding but his name was Francisco and he likes long walks on the beach, vanilla ice cream and is partial to tinker bell from Peter Pan

Tool_Is_Sick
11-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, I meant the alien. In the song they may be all mean looking and sounding but his name was Francisco and he likes long walks on the beach, vanilla ice cream and is partial to tinker bell from Peter Pan

Best post ever.

distantthud
11-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Maybe 10% of everything you just said actually made any sense.

look at your signature

Tool_Is_Sick
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Ok maybe 12% made sense..Give the guy a break. ha

Inner_Eulogy
11-05-2007, 10:35 AM
look at your signature

You're point being? See, this is exactly why nobody understood your dumbass from the first post. You say something without any tangible explanation or reference.

"Look at your signature" ....um, ok....do you have a fucking point there genius? Explain yourself. Your parents must've never paid any attention to you because if they had, they would've corrected you when you said something that didn't make any damn sense. I can picture it now, DistantThud as a kid "Momma, the sky must be blue because I like blueberry panacakes, I just know it". "Sure it is little Thudnuts, that's exactly what it is". "Momma, is 2+3 432?" "Yes of course dear"

distantthud
11-10-2007, 09:53 PM
You're point being? See, this is exactly why nobody understood your dumbass from the first post. You say something without any tangible explanation or reference.

"Look at your signature" ....um, ok....do you have a fucking point there genius? Explain yourself. Your parents must've never paid any attention to you because if they had, they would've corrected you when you said something that didn't make any damn sense. I can picture it now, DistantThud as a kid "Momma, the sky must be blue because I like blueberry panacakes, I just know it". "Sure it is little Thudnuts, that's exactly what it is". "Momma, is 2+3 432?" "Yes of course dear"

I hit a nerve. That's how I know you're the GENIUS, because you're all clickety-clackety and trying to throw dream-strength punches on a keyboard. I'd be all freaky and personal too if I were a GENIUS.

Dr.Styles
11-10-2007, 10:13 PM
LOL @ THIS THREAD HAAHAH

distantthud
11-11-2007, 11:00 PM

yeah, potentially. This song, all the songs, are experiences. Sonic engulfment, a heavy group, esoteric blips, aRt, are the ingredients of legends and lipan. Oh, yeah, I just heard those kazoos on that song, is that what that is, kazoos? I guess you gotta go there to talk about it, well, choose your own adventure! Vigniti Tres, bottom line, it's the heartbearts of aliens and Fransico is being called out. How could aliens effect our hearing, while we were still with fear? Bearing in mind you've also been fed orange slices and you've been the little spoon. And you're fucking high, this is turning out to be the longest night of your life.

Hear we are, Fransico, just listened. It's sound painting, is what this is, I really dig this song.

But whose to say the songs are connected in anyway, it's not like it's part of an album or anything, it's a MP3, right? What are those old shiny circle things, Grandpa? They're called compact discs Jimmy, your granddad used to listen to these for hours during the War! Had to switch to computers, when it was decided to shift the country's production of compact discs to it's military branch for use on Navy battleships. Bands had to start creatively packaging their compact music discs to ensure curiosity and exploration. This one band did just that, yeah boy, your granddad used to do drugs and look through this and look at this and actually watched a guitarist friend of mine call a drummer friend of ours and say to him, "You gotta see this CD case, dude." We were good kids, though, we just liked our music black and loud and big, and Tool was a band, Tool was a force, they made the sun seablack. Shit really tripped you out.

inSin
11-12-2007, 01:22 AM
another tool segue over analyzed

fnshmetal
11-12-2007, 08:33 AM
The word being said is "Ascisco".

Ascisco in Latin means to receive, admit / adopt / take up, approve. Which makes a lot of sense with the album as far as accepting changes and learning to move on and grow from things which are not truly permanent. (If you want proof the word is Ascisco d/l this mp3 of the section sped up with higher pitch)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZQF0WDQ

Check my thread for more info on it:
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=95329

sicbanana
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
The word being said is "Ascisco".

Absolutley roight! :)

Check this out:

"And this little light of mine, a gift you passed on to me;
I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way,
Your way home ... *thunder* ASCISCOOOOOOOOOOO...."

How's that? ;)

wearethestories
11-12-2007, 03:12 PM
another tool segue over analyzed

stfunoob

fnshmetal
11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Absolutley roight! :)

Check this out:

"And this little light of mine, a gift you passed on to me;
I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way,
Your way home ... *thunder* ASCISCOOOOOOOOOOO...."

How's that? ;)

I dont hear anyone saying ascisco after the thunder

sicbanana
11-14-2007, 07:32 AM
I dont hear anyone saying ascisco after the thunder

hehe, i knew something like that would come :)
its the "hidden track" (10,000 days+vignititres+wings)
after the mentioned passage with the streched "hoooooommme" there is a thunder which matches exactly the cue of the ascisco sound.
the point is: it makes perfect sense in this connection, doesnt it? ;)

here's the link if you didn't get to hear it yet:

http://www.speedyshare.com/493494887.html

(my advise: listen with headphones! it won't sound right with normal speakers...)

TurdEye13
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
so many entries...so little time...at least I'm catching up on my reading.
Francisco was being chased by immigration outside the listening party, they were asking
for his green card while you were buggin'

is that Tebow in your avatar!?

Rolo
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Be sure he's wearing some flowers in his hair.

lol