PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who plays an instrument...

WTF
12-04-2002, 06:00 AM
have you mastered Third Eye yet. If not how close are you.

I can play all the parts on guitar and drums, but I'm still working on memorizing the order. I know about half the song on bass, but I rarely play bass.

I love playing this song on the drums while tripping. Such a wonderful experience.

LookInYourEyes
12-04-2002, 05:27 PM
Yes actually I've mastered third eye. I can play pretty much every tool songs except for a few exceptions like crawl away, and swamp song because ive never tried too. but i recorded a cd with my guitar dubbed entirly over the actual songs on the ÆNIMA cd and mixed it professionally. its pretty phat. But every thing on opiate, lateralus, and ÆNIMA i got down.,

spiralion
12-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Not really here. It is too dense for me and the guitar parts are too hard for me to figure out (yes I know what tabs are) because they are so beautiful and surreal to me, and I really suck at guitar, thats why I play bass although I don't have one of my own yet, I use my friend's and he uses my guitar.

seeker
12-13-2002, 01:00 PM
i've got the vocals down pretty well... nearly perfect at times. i'm planning on recording it just to make sure i'm not just hearing myself in some strange way that makes it sound better than it is.

Evan
12-13-2002, 02:51 PM
yeah, this song is not that hard on bass, although i doubt if I have "mastered" it yet. hey spiralion, it's always good to see other bass players, but please don't play it just because you're not good at guitar. the bass is a wonderful instrument, and it has its own entity completely separate from the guitar. hope i'm not coming off as an asshole, i just love playing bass for what it is, not as a replacement or runner up or something. learn to love that instrument, or else find an instrument that you can connect with. laters.

the C
01-11-2003, 10:36 PM
what the hell is you retards problems?who gives a fuck what tool song you've masterd. master your own songs. you are uncreative, unimaginitive, unorigional and just plain stupid.doing a cover is one thing, but c'mon. how could you even put yourself out there like that? you people should be using Tool for inspiration, not a guide to better guitar playing, and "how many songs do you know? me, well, i know all of them. ya know, especially the ones that are so rare, no one's heard them yet." you are all supposedly tool fans, right? do you ever listen to the music? i know you hear it, but do you "listen"? i'm gonna go out on a limb here, cuz i could never be so presumptious and say "what i think tool means to say is..." but honestly, you fools need to put ticks and leeches in your cd player and hit repeat.