PDA

View Full Version : This is always the song that gets me back into Tool

noresolution2
10-21-2007, 11:49 PM
after a long period of not listening to them much. It was also probably the first song of theirs that really blew me away.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, i agree, i had 4 Tool songs on my Xbox when i started listening ( Stinkfist, Sober, H and Eulogy ) and Eulogy got me into them. I'm not saying the rest suck in comparison, truth be told I thought they would be Screamo marilyn mansion stuff, but Eulogy proved me wrong ay

Hodge
11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
H. and aenema

Master_Of_Nothing
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Shit i forgot, I had AEnima on my xbox as well, sorry, but the first half is pretty screamo stuff anyway lol. H was my next best

Tool_Is_Sick
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Forty-Six and Two - Pushit

TurdEye13
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
after a long period of not listening to them much. It was also probably the first song of theirs that really blew me away.

Yeah, the energy it delivers still amazes me.

sickofitall985
11-24-2007, 09:05 AM
I really dont understand how you can call anything tool does as "scream-o". Avenged Sevenfold is scream-o. Atreyu is scream-o. Tool is in no fucking way scream-o. I am thoroughly amused.

Hodge
11-24-2007, 09:11 AM
i am delightfully yours

Master_Of_Nothing
11-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I really dont understand how you can call anything tool does as "scream-o". Avenged Sevenfold is scream-o. Atreyu is scream-o. Tool is in no fucking way scream-o. I am thoroughly amused.

I used to listen to bands that didn't swear so much in their songs, and were mostly positive and light hearted. Like Elemeno P and Shihad and Blink 182...etc

So listening to AEnima was a big step for me, mostly cos of the chorus, you know,
"Any fuckin time, any fuckin day"

And lets face it, Maynard does scream in a lot of his songs ( H, Eulogy, Ticks and Leeches )

Master_Of_Nothing
11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't listen to slipknot, but I suppose Tool is like a cross between
Marilyn Mansion and Slipknot then?

By the way, sickofitall985, which Tool albums do you have?

sickofitall985
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Which tool albums dont i have is a better question. And on the note of tool being close to marilyn manson and slipknot... no. Not even close. Tool is Tool. The closest thing i would even compare them to is nine inch nails minus the industrial. I guess tool kinda sounds like a perfect circle, puscifer... haha tell me if you get that one.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not that much of a nOOb lol
Puscifer and APC are side projects of Maynard

I don't listen to NIN, i should probably get a cd of theirs over the xmas hols.
so which tool albums don't you have

sickofitall985
11-26-2007, 12:54 PM
I have all of them undertow, opiate ep, aenima, salival, lateralus, and 10000 days. If you are going to pick up a NIN cd the first one i would recommend would be the downward spiral album. That is a good one to hook you. Im glad you knew they were side projects .. thats a little better haha.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah cool, i'll try get that album.

I got all Tool albums but Salival, I'm not sure if its really worth the hassle getting it ay.

Well, you're definitely not a nOOb, cos you know what you're talking about.

sickofitall985
11-26-2007, 01:26 PM
well thanks feller .. yeah check out some nine inch nails .. i mean they are a bit different than tool but fuck they will rock your socks off too.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Let me pay you back with an insiders tip, Listen to Dream Theatre's Metropolis PT2.... very nice album, supposedly better than Tools Lateralus album....
Oh man, i'm gunna get beaten up for saying that, lol

sickofitall985
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
haha well dream theater is pretty sick too .. I personally wouldnt recommend saying that it is better than lateralus on a tool fan site but i will say that metropolis pt 2 is very well done.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
nah i can handle it, i listen to some pretty hard stuff nowadays

sickofitall985
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I have to say, Downward spiral is just my favorite and it has songs that you would recognize outside of knowing nin. but its cool .. pretty hate machine is sick too and wouldnt be a bad intro

Master_Of_Nothing
11-27-2007, 08:22 PM
I've listened to Mudvayne, i don't think they're in the same zone as Tool.
So, 'pretty hate machine' and 'NIN' huh? They be on me schopping list nows yarr!

Master_Of_Nothing
11-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm a MASTER! YES!
Obey me, pitiful thingys, and fetch me some lemonade...

Master_Of_Nothing
11-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Taste me you will see...
more is all you need...
dedicated to...
how i'm fuckin you!

Classic

Oneeye
12-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Taste me you will see...
more is all you need...
dedicated to...
how i'm fuckin you!

Classic

Oh I wish they hadn't went downhill. And to top it off they got all napster on us and even worse yet they released that garbage some kind of monster. Makes them look like pussies :( I use to think that whiskey ran through their veins and they had testicles of pure iron ore. Oh well, I guess we'll be hittin up the classic rock stations in not the so distant future and remember the good ole days.

St. Anger is a good title at least, all it does is piss you the fuck off that you're listening to garbage made by a once great band.

sickofitall985
12-19-2007, 09:49 AM
ahh get over it metallica is tight. Rehab is good, and so is growing up

Master_Of_Nothing
12-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I could never listen to eny of their albums, but i can handle a well mixed one or something. The albums have too many crap songs on them IMO. I got into them through their Cunning Stunts DVD, well worth buying i think

Oneeye
12-20-2007, 02:01 AM
ahh get over it metallica is tight. Rehab is good, and so is growing up

Growing up and releasing garbage music are two different things. I'm plenty grown up. They're old music will never die, but you can't possibly try to in any way shape or form defend St. Anger as decent music. They purposely recorded it to sound "garage" band issh and it's just shit. They made asses out of themselves by releasing Some Kind of Monster.

Rehab is great if you need it, but letting all your fans see how bad you fight and act like bitches towards each other doesn't make you better off, it just hurts the image you once held. They started out as hardcore music with an attitude of "Fuck Mainstream and Fuck what people think" Then Lars went all crazy on us.

Old Metallica will always be always be awesome I agree, but no way in hell St. Anger is worth shit. I agree to disagree if we must, but for real you can't even defend that album no way no how.

How they go from something hard speedmetal to a litlte more refined stuff like Black Album with beautiful guitar is okay, fuck the hairband image. Even Load and Reload I can deal with. But how do you go from shit like "One" To "Some Kind of Monster" both song and movie is just beyond words. It'd be like watching JImmy Page and Robert Plant bitchslap each other. Pathetic.

Even Van Halen had the sense to not let themselves be public about inner fighting, they transitioned from stupid ass Roth to Hagar without a lot of problems. Sure it was public that Eddie had a lot of shit going on. But seriously have you watched Some Kind of Mosnter? It makes me sad, it makes me upset, it makes me depressed to see people I use to Idol act like little bitches.

Oneeye
12-20-2007, 02:17 AM
Shit i forgot, I had AEnima on my xbox as well, sorry, but the first half is pretty screamo stuff anyway lol. H was my next best

Screamo? Have you even listened to it? Screamo would be something along the lines of "Thursday" Or possibly "Atreyu" Tool is nothing compared to "Screamo" having lines where you scream into the mic does not make it "Screamo" Hard Rock if you really want to try and label it. But Screamo is a complete different category. If you want something similar to Tool, there's not much out there. They are their own band. If you want something to try and compare to NIN Is decent but still not the same. Tool real holds it's own. Deftones has little bit of similarity but not really either. Only if you listen to "White Pony" "Passenger" which has Maynard singing on it. A Perfect Circle will be the closest you can find, since Maynard himself is singing but even then they are different. Judith is the most "Tool" sounding.

Tool is Tool, it's very hard to fit in a category, they have such a unique and complex style, both lyrically and musically that they don't really fit anywhere but with themselves. Deftones aren't the same, but a really unique band themselves, you may not like them but if you're looking for something original try "Around the Fur" Or "White Pony" they are another band that don't really fit a mold..

Master_Of_Nothing
12-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry, its just that my vocab kinda fails me here. I just have to label it screamo even if its not, because although i know its not, I don't know how else to express it. (Loud? Angry? Coarse? )

I heard that king crimson sounds a little similiar to Tool, and as for Deftones, well they are pretty close ( I thought 'Change' was APC music first time i listened to it lol )

mindstream
12-22-2007, 02:49 PM
I was at this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=wrcU3nOZyRY&feature=related) show, and Eulogy was definitely the highlight. I clearly remember how powerful the final "GOODBYEEEEE" was, and how amazing he sounded. The crowd was so into it that night. The show was also only a couple of weeks after 9/11, and it added to the emotion of the event, as well as his "take something positive away from this experience" monologue at the end of the concert.

Oneeye
12-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Sorry, its just that my vocab kinda fails me here. I just have to label it screamo even if its not, because although i know its not, I don't know how else to express it. (Loud? Angry? Coarse? )

I heard that king crimson sounds a little similiar to Tool, and as for Deftones, well they are pretty close ( I thought 'Change' was APC music first time i listened to it lol )

If you really want to label it, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, , Art Rock all of those are much better labels than screamo. Screamo is the kinda shit where the singer isn't singing at all.

*~*»€«(Đispositioń)»€«*~*
12-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Aww what's wrong with Trivium?

And I have a hunch that any music Metallica produces from now on will be shit

12-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Well without getting too technical, i'll just say I like them.

Oneeye
12-25-2007, 03:22 AM
I just want to say, minus a few select tracks, everything Metallica released after the Black Album was total shit

I've heard they're returning to the style they had on master of puppets, which would rock, if Trivium hadn't ruined that style of music

I agree with you man for real. I could handle load and reload (a few select tracks as you said) but St. Anger just did them in. If they were smart they wouldn't release another album, but if they do I'm betting it will be trash. They had a great balance when they hit Black Album. The guitar is so beautiful, yet still had that metal element to it. If they did another album i'd want it to be like the black album. Songs like Nothing Else Matters.

12-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Seeing "lolz" makes me want to punch a baby.

Oneeye
12-25-2007, 07:26 PM
God, St. Anger. I'm convinced that St. doesn't stand for Saint in that title, but actually stands for Shit. They would've had to abbreviate it to get it on WalMart shelves. Jesus. A Metallica album without guitar solos, truly a sign of the apocalypse to come.

Although since they've been supposedly going back to their roots in the 80's, a new album at this point might be worth a listen.

I'd always give it a chance and listen, (after I steal it from Lars's pocket) but I just have that gut feeling it'd be horrible. Time will tell, but so far it's told us they're has beens.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Seeing "lolz" makes me want to punch a baby.

A lot of things makes you want to beat up babies lol.

I'd give the Metallica album a try, it could be alright. A lot of bands get this slump, some come back, some never do. I confess, i haven't listen to any recent Metallica albums, but the old stuff seems alright

12-26-2007, 06:38 PM
I'll download the new album just to piss Metallica off.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Score! Perfect way to get revenge lol

12-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Lars won't be able to afford that solid gold dildo he always wanted.

Oneeye
12-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Lars won't be able to afford that solid gold dildo he always wanted.

I'm pretty sure he already got it, and it's lodged far up his ass.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Thats why he looks constipated in his live shows!
idiot. Didn't Kirk Hammet leave the band? I haven't bothered reading about Metallica for ages

12-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Probably... nobody gives a shit about Metallica anymore

Oneeye
12-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Thats why he looks constipated in his live shows!
idiot. Didn't Kirk Hammet leave the band? I haven't bothered reading about Metallica for ages

Nah it was Jason Newstead or whatever his name is. Kirk is still there, he's the only one I like. As I did say above, I did and still do enjoy some of their old material, but man they just went down in flames big time. It wasn't like a sinking ship, it was like hellfire and brimstone kinda fall.

12-28-2007, 09:06 AM
They went down like a Led Zeppelin! Hahahaha.... aha...

/wrist

Master_Of_Nothing
12-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Ah good, yeah Kirk was the only decent guy there really, bit media shy though, its almost laughable

"those cameras are dangerous looking, keep em away from me"
" where has that hand been? I'm not gonna touch that!"
lol

12-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe he has OCD and just doesn't like cameras?

Master_Of_Nothing
12-28-2007, 11:03 PM
He doesn't like personal space invaders, period.

Did he not make out with Lars back in the old days as a publicity stunt?

Master_Of_Nothing
12-31-2007, 06:13 PM
I seen it somewhere, fuck, those guys are good ay

http://www.explosm.net/comics/940/

edit. here you are, still hilarious

01-01-2008, 12:30 AM
He doesn't like personal space invaders, period.

Did he not make out with Lars back in the old days as a publicity stunt?
What a queerosexual.

mindstream
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Shut the fuck up about Metallica already.

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure he already got it, and it's lodged far up his ass.

Perhaps he needs the money for the removal surgery then

Master_Of_Nothing
01-02-2008, 05:15 PM
why would he want to remove it, he obviously enjoys it where it is. Anyway, chances are the surgeon, being of the same mind as some of us, would push the bitch further in