PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious DVD tentative release date

bambooburgler
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
There is a new post on Toolband.com indicating a DVD release for Vicarious - December 18 or 19th.

MisterMudd
10-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Just saw that. Looks pretty spiffy.

jasminæ
10-18-2007, 11:04 PM
so... it's finally happening...i guess this makes my december super special...and it also looks like it's going to snow this year...yay.

thank you, tool.

who should i thank for snow?

thank you, Al Gore.

lol

njm
10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
fucking cool!

valhalla
10-19-2007, 04:17 AM
...just in time for Christmas, eh. Imagine that.

You ARE the "fucking man", Nard. You are the man.

"SEND MORE MONEY!"

slamminsalmon
10-19-2007, 04:20 AM
id ask for it for christmas, but id get some lame omage to tool cd. with a bunch of tool covers by sucky bands.

chalk_line
10-19-2007, 05:51 AM
lots of BONUS MATERIAL
i wonder what this will be.

chalk_line
10-19-2007, 06:02 AM
as a tool fan i've learned not to get my hopes up.

slamminsalmon
10-19-2007, 06:17 AM
yeah being overly hyped seems to be a common theme these days when it comes to tool releases.

SilverGrudge
10-19-2007, 06:18 AM
so... it's finally happening...i guess this makes my december super special...and it also looks like it's going to snow this year...yay.

thank you, tool.

who should i thank for snow?

thank you, Al Gore.

lol

Dear God, I just got out of my 8am class and as soon as i read this post i laughed pretty hard. Thank god for al gore and his snow.

Rotating_Energy_Field
10-20-2007, 04:59 AM
If there is a lot of bonus material I'm tempted to think that this DVD could in fact be the 'surreal movie' that Adam was talking about earlier this year. I think we all pretty much assumed that it would be the live DVD that's been talked about a lot over the last few years, but I don't think that'll happen now as Adam suggested that the final product wouldn't be a 'shitty live recording'.

Judging by the single screenshot it wouldn't be wise to draw too many conclusions, but it does look pretty epic, doesn't it? I think that this might be it.

Jambi_the_Genie
10-20-2007, 08:23 AM
I really wanna see this video, I wanna see what Adam can do with CGI, cause of course everyone knows that 6/7 of all Tool Videos are Stop animation, and like everyone else is saying, this looks pretty epic, well Vicarious is an epic song i guess =D

and basically, this isnt going to be the band film, thats probably going to be a different project, and like they said, its just talk for the moment, and the bonus material is just probably going to be the Behind the Scenes and some commentary by Adam and stuff, im not getting to exited, but i know this is going on my Christmas list cause, you know, its fucking Tool =D

Poolzer
10-20-2007, 10:47 AM
it'd be fucken hilarious if they just took all the youtube vids, packaged them up and released them saying 'fuck it, you guys made our job easy!'

GideonBufo
10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
OMG! HOORAY FOR EVERYTHING!!!. im so happy ive been waiting so patiently without any aggresive "tool needs to do this" bullshit, and now im just so relieved!

thepatient_10k
10-20-2007, 12:46 PM
If there is a lot of bonus material I'm tempted to think that this DVD could in fact be the 'surreal movie' that Adam was talking about earlier this year. I think we all pretty much assumed that it would be the live DVD that's been talked about a lot over the last few years, but I don't think that'll happen now as Adam suggested that the final product wouldn't be a 'shitty live recording'.

Judging by the single screenshot it wouldn't be wise to draw too many conclusions, but it does look pretty epic, doesn't it? I think that this might be it.

please dont start speculation. i guarantee its just a video.

elusivEuphoria
10-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I feel bad for looking at that post. (on toolband.com)

All i saw was that headline at first, "something VICARIOUS blah blah VIDEO!" in big red letters and i immediately got all tingly inside... then i threw my hand over the screen and was like 'wait, do i want to see this now? should i wait?' Then i read it.... now im all excited and shit. What was i thinking!? :-P

I'm happy it's going to be released now... but i really dont want to hear anymore about it until it's released. Am I alone on this?

insectpinsNR
10-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I feel bad for looking at that post. (on toolband.com)

All i saw was that headline at first, "something VICARIOUS blah blah VIDEO!" in big red letters and i immediately got all tingly inside... then i threw my hand over the screen and was like 'wait, do i want to see this now? should i wait?' Then i read it.... now im all excited and shit. What was i thinking!? :-P

I'm happy it's going to be released now... but i really dont want to hear anymore about it until it's released. Am I alone on this?

well im not with you. I eat tool news like its food and I dont poop it out unlike food. But i do still take care of my Furbie and giga pets.

nobody loves me -portishead

WHAT?

aevasquez
10-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Might be like the Shism and Parabola DVD's.

njm
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM

Nah...

HomeDepot
10-21-2007, 08:11 PM

Yeah it might be, thats why I'm not getting my hopes up...

FIatIine____
10-22-2007, 02:47 PM
well we know that it's going to be Vicarious, and the song itself is less than 8 minutes long......almost two years for a 7 minute video? thats pretty ridiculous, it better come with 3-D glasses and a blowjob

njm
10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
well we know that it's going to be Vicarious, and the song itself is less than 8 minutes long......almost two years for a 7 minute video? thats pretty ridiculous, it better come with 3-D glasses and a blowjob

you could always volunteer...

FIatIine____
10-23-2007, 09:30 AM
you could always volunteer...

I think YOU more than qualify, you already have a fa ggot accent.

njm
10-23-2007, 08:50 PM
I think YOU more than qualify, you already have a fa ggot accent.

funny... I was just about to say the same thing to you....

Murray
10-25-2007, 05:30 AM
Why don't they just give the fans what they want - a decent dvd package. Danny even said they record nearly every live show anyways so even editing together the best performances from each show wouldn't disappoint.

The Schism / Parabola dvds were just a waste of money. Can't even remember if the band did any commentary over them, pretty sure one of them had Jello Biafra ffs. I could be wrong there - my attention wasn't grabbed long enough to care.

Good music videos right enough but £10 each was ripping the arse out of it.

If they release another dvd it should contain a live show (either Lateralus or 10k tour) and all their videos. Interviews, backstage hoo ha and MTV Cribs shite I don't care about. If you've seen either Primus or Therapy?s dvds then you'll know how damn a good a band can make them for the money paying punters like us.

Still, looking forward to seeing the Vicarious vid. I like the visual of the wee dude watching the world die.

elusivEuphoria
10-25-2007, 07:06 AM
hmmm. Animals should not try to act like People DVD/CD... Schism and Parabola DVD. I have them all... never really felt tempted to bitch about it though.

'Oh these fuckers! they are selling a high quality product to me again'
'Oh these fuckers! they are selling a high quantity product to me again' (Not that Primus isnt high quality in their own right... but that is essentially the arguement)

I'm mean honestly... get over it guys. You didnt have to buy the Parabol/Schism DVDs if you didnt want to. Even if the Vicarious DVD is just like them... I would still buy it. $10 isnt going to break the bank. Think about the production value of Tool's concerts... personally i wouldnt bitch if they wanted jack me for a couple extra bucks on a music video DVD.

Ugghhhhh.... whatever. But about that 3D glasses thought... i was thinking the same thing. That still they have on their website almost looks like it's "polarized" or whatever. How crazy would that be? Has anyone ever done something like that before? I can only imagine what that would be like... but i think the concept would be absolutely perfect for a Tool video.

aevasquez
10-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Nobody know what its really going to have have!!! Just be grateful that they are putting out something as cool as this DVD. A lot of us have been waiting for this video and I just have to say that I am ecstatic about it!!!

Murray
10-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic about seeing the video too cos we've waited so long and I'll buy it anyways. It could seem like I'm bitching and moaning but I just think it'd be better off if they did a bigger package. Another dvd with one video lasting 7 minutes for 10 quid just seems pointless. Fair enough , I'll accept that's an assumption as nothing has been confirmed at this point.

They've got great videos with alot of work put into them which miles better than anyone else's. Fair dos they're on Salival but it'd be nice to have them together with some concert footage or something.

Meh, says I.

FIatIine____
10-25-2007, 10:03 AM
I was joking originially about the 3-d glasses, but it could very well be in 3-d....that would be cool.....but I still hope they add some extras than just a 7 minute vid, for one this video took a very long time and should be more special than those schism,parabola single dvds....I just hope they don't do what Valve did in video games with the Orange Box, it came with 5 games but only 3 were brand new....basically packaging 10,000 Days album with the DVD single...since almost everybody already has the album, kind of like Half Life fans already had half life 2 and half life 2 ep 1....just charging extra bucks.....Orange Box is still one of the greatest games I played :)

elusivEuphoria
10-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic about seeing the video too cos we've waited so long and I'll buy it anyways. It could seem like I'm bitching and moaning but I just think it'd be better off if they did a bigger package. Another dvd with one video lasting 7 minutes for 10 quid just seems pointless. Fair enough , I'll accept that's an assumption as nothing has been confirmed at this point.

They've got great videos with alot of work put into them which miles better than anyone else's. Fair dos they're on Salival but it'd be nice to have them together with some concert footage or something.

Meh, says I.

I see. Well then i retract my bitching about the bitching. :-D

I've just heard/read a fair amount of it about the Schism/Parabola DVDs and I personally thought they were great. Certainly had a few chuckles listening to the commentaries, and was really impressed with the lengthy remixes.

hushypushy
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
I think this DVD will be underwhelming but I'll still like it anyway.

I really hope there is a 5.1 remix of this track.

Unintelligible_Whispering
10-31-2007, 10:14 PM
bulletin from adam on myspace:

Date: 1 Nov 2007 3:40 PM
Subject: Adam Jones ~ FX photos update
Body: Hello Friends
____________________________________ _ _ _
I get lots of messages asking me to please update my page content.
I have been super busy lately - touring, dealing with fires(*future Blog), fighting the good fight and fearing nothing.
But right now - I am finishing our epic Vicarious video here in Santa Monica ca.
(FYI) It should be in the stores on DVD december 18th.
-so-
i put a few photos up for now of some older fx artwork in my 'ART' folder under Pics.
And i will try to add more sooner than soon.
thanx for all the support
Big love
Ad

fnshmetal
11-02-2007, 09:11 AM
uhoh they are calling it an "epic video" on toolband

bentTOOL23
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
epic.

aevasquez
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Just saw that. im stok3d.

TOOLEK
11-03-2007, 10:26 AM
uhoh they are calling it an "epic video" on toolband

Hm....epic, wonder what this may mean...

Idiotica
11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
epic=long

elusivEuphoria
11-03-2007, 06:30 PM

I have been super busy lately - touring, dealing with fires(*future Blog), fighting the good fight and fearing nothing.
But right now - I am finishing our epic Vicarious video here in Santa Monica ca.
-so-
i put a few photos up for now of some older fx artwork in my 'ART' folder under Pics.
Big love
Ad

What is Adam's Myspace page? I had it a while back but i have since deleted my myspace account and have now been suckered back to it by an amazing local band.

M00N
11-04-2007, 10:16 PM

prefectly well said...

I think im going to watch it. then watch it again, and then again, and then again, and again, and again, and again... and... again... untill my eyes deflate.

elusivEuphoria
11-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Eyes can deflate?! :-x uh oh...

Shiver Me Timber
11-07-2007, 05:21 PM
what if....

they didn't tell anyone but they had a rosetta stoned music video on it too?!?!?!

omg what if....

Shax
11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Merry Christmas.

Awesome.

bambooburgler
11-08-2007, 08:47 PM
What is Adam's Myspace page? I had it a while back but i have since deleted my myspace account and have now been suckered back to it by an amazing local band.

http://myspace.com/adamjonestv

death_2_usa
11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
the poster on adams myspace almost looks like its for a movie rather than just a music vid

Metalgod666
11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
About fuckin' time.

JERUSALEM
11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I pre ordered the DVD on Monday from a music store that I wont mention. It will definately be out on the 18th. Im stoked about it and am hoping for some extras to be included.

orangeisgoood
11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
it'd be fucken hilarious if they just took all the youtube vids, packaged them up and released them saying 'fuck it, you guys made our job easy!'

that would...it would piss a number of people off tho... and the "Rosetta Stoned" music vid idea would just make my entire year!! eh, ill just have to wait.. :(
but I AM F!@#ING STOKED!!! (don't ask y i used allo of thoes symbols...idk..)

aevasquez
11-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I think this DVD is going to be the "movie idea" that adam mentioned a lil while back.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/search/google/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003597438

You know how they are saying on the tool website that its going to be "EPIC", well put all the "hints" together. They've taken over 2 years to finally put it out, (reason why it took so long, because its such a huge project), Adam announced the "movie idea" in June (maybe just giving another "hint"), all the hype about it being "EPIC"(i dont recall many music artists putting out a movie or short film in conncetion with their music, and we all know how tool is known for their creativity and innovation). Its a possibility. Ey im just saying.

VinDieselFiesta
11-20-2007, 11:47 PM
no, just no. don't try to give hope to something that's never gonna happen.

BGA
11-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/tool_vicarious_dvd_coming_dec_18

GoochChakra
11-21-2007, 09:06 PM
all that extra stuff on the dvd doesnt sound too exciting.

bombsqd
11-23-2007, 11:50 PM
all that extra stuff on the dvd doesnt sound too exciting.

It didn't mention the live stuff from the begining of the tour, I hear there's some of that.

Shinji
11-24-2007, 04:09 AM
PRODUCT OVERVIEW
- VICARIOUS - Extended 8 minute version
- The startlingly creative music video for Vicarious, the massive first single from 2006’s 10,000 days, is presented for the first time in this short form DVD.
- The DVD includes a documentary that takes you through the history of Adam Jones’ visual effects work, and the process and people involved in the creation of the all CGI video.
- Audio commentary on the DVD by comedian David Cross.
- A tour of Alex Grey’s COSM.

SPECIAL STEREOSCOPIC LENS AND 3D IMAGE PACKAGING
Unique tri-fold soft pack with stereoscopic lenses and CGI stereoscopic images from the Vicarious video.

ladycommish
11-28-2007, 03:01 AM

-so-
Big love
Ad

could you possibly post the pic links for those who don't have myspace? TIA.

trickma
11-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I think this DVD is going to be the "movie idea" that adam mentioned a lil while back.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/search/google/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003597438

You know how they are saying on the tool website that its going to be "EPIC", well put all the "hints" together. They've taken over 2 years to finally put it out, (reason why it took so long, because its such a huge project), Adam announced the "movie idea" in June (maybe just giving another "hint"), all the hype about it being "EPIC"(i dont recall many music artists putting out a movie or short film in conncetion with their music, and we all know how tool is known for their creativity and innovation). Its a possibility. Ey im just saying.

lol dude.

ezekiel785
12-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Hey,

I'm quite distracted.
Release is supposed to be on 12-18, right?
But amazon already sent me the package today containing the Vicarious DVD.
So what exactly can I expect from that thing coming to me (hopefully) tomorrow?
Was amazon a tiny little bit too early?

Greetings,
ezekiel

dancingflame
12-13-2007, 07:49 AM
hey deutscher kollege!
krieg meine auch morgen :)
*jubelfreu*