PDA

View Full Version : maybe about OCD and cant reaching to a person because of this disorder

stavrogin
08-18-2003, 07:00 AM
I think this song is about Maynards fighting with obsessive compulsive disorder. The main referance to my thought is an another tool song "sober". Sober is surely about OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder). You can quite understand it yourself if you look to the lyrics. So h.(half empty) is a step beyond sober i think. As h have a more fighting spirit in it. İf to interprete the song step by step;

The snake is Maynard himself and he's looking to turn his bad past experiences to a good thing by writng this song. (looking to turn this piss to wine).
The snake hisses because his past failures is giving him pain and he wants to ged rid of them. Then his blood(his lust for life) begs him to do something and so he opens his heart to people around him. But then the disorder(OCD) comes up again(and i feel this coming over like a storm again) The next quatrain starting with venomous voice is about the condition the disorder gets him to. the qutrain starting with i am too connected to you... is to a person too much loved(propably a girl maybe the same girl in stinkfist) and he is connected to her to fade away because he cant reach her because of this disorder. And then he recalls the times hes drawned of this disorder and he says he should have mourned for this but he didnt(because of his pride propably). And lastly in the quatrain(i dont know the exact names for consecutive lines) starting with as the walls come down and as i look in your eyes he's using the behaviour therapy someway. Because when you dont mind the disorder and the pain you suffer from it affects you the least way. So he says i have died and will die its allright i dont mind.

My opinion for this is that way, but think for yourself.