PDA

View Full Version : interpretation

Pages : [1] 2

meshuggahj
10-16-2007, 09:42 PM
aenema is about waking up from the ego-nightmare that exists very heavily in america.

it's ironic because many fans of tool haven't woken up. if that's the case, then the lyrics are an outright kick in the nuts, a successful attempt to
wake...
you......
the.......
fuck......
up........

Tool_Is_Sick
10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Very True Ive met many Tool fans that still havent "Woken" up. Still ego maniacs, still assholes, still living life with a lazy attitude. So yeah its sad...but thats the world that we live in. Ive said it many times to my friends and family...if people listen to this music and embrace it...The world would be a better place. Cheers.

meshuggahj
10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Are you going to expand on my interpretation?

Tool_Is_Sick
10-26-2007, 04:15 PM
What the hell do you want me to say? lol damn what a weirdo. Look above your last post and you will see that I did expand on your interpretation. Also, Why the hell do you always name your threads "Interpretation"? I mean shit have some god damn variety. Is that why your so anal about people expanding your ideas? Talk about an ego maniac.

Inner_Eulogy
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
What the hell do you want me to say? lol damn what a weirdo. Look above your last post and you will see that I did expand on your interpretation. Also, Why the hell do you always name your threads "Interpretation"? I mean shit have some god damn variety. Is that why your so anal about people expanding your ideas? Talk about an ego maniac.

I was a Lego Maniac once....but that's a story for another time.

aenima19
10-31-2007, 08:26 AM
I beleive that aenima is about humans thinking that they r the dominant being in the universe. Maynard is asking mother nature to destroy wat we have made. we think that we can get away with w/e we wat to do to the world and there will be many "dumbfounded dipshits" wen mother nature does take action. yes humans do need to come to a realization or "wake up". this is my 1st post i will be glad to discuss nething on this song as it is my favorite song along with lateralus.

Tool_Is_Sick
10-31-2007, 08:37 AM
I was a Lego Maniac once....but that's a story for another time.

haha, you let me know what your about the tell the story. I would enjoy that.

Inner_Eulogy
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
haha, you let me know what your about the tell the story. I would enjoy that.

Well I was joking about the Lego Maniac comment. But my take on this song is this: Los Angelas, Hollywood, etc are all the epicenter of America for materialism and the loss of what should be meaningful. Hence, fret for your latte and fret for your hairpiece, fret for you pilot and fret for your prozac, etc. All these fucking materialistic objects. It's like the little boy or girl in those sweet 16 shows on MTV where all they know about life is getting everything they want, my way right away and the world just doens't work that way. They are so out of touch with reality that they become careless and nieve to the world. A bad day for them is having to wait an extra day for that personally engraved diamond necklace they wanted and it's like the end of the world for them. They're oblivious to the rest of the world's suffering. Maynard's view in my opinion is that we need to flush it all away. all these bullshit ideals and go back to the basics where the world and the people in it are important, the earth's health as well as our own is important, quit spending so much fucking money to fund a worthless war and feed our poor, create jobs for them. The world is all about the next man's greed. What ever happened to family, helping an elderly woman across the street, maybe assisting a young child to learn something he's having difficulty with in school. In addition, he's referencing the end of days (Nostadaumus, Mayan Doomsday, etc) where one day something big is going to happen and the world will be FORCED to work together to get through it. It's almost a necessary evil which is why he's praying for tidal waves, praying for riot, praying for meteor showers and tidal waves. Because that's the only thing that will make everybody open up their fucking eyes and realize once again what is truly important. Picture two men outside in a fistfight in New York, it's 9-11-01 and they're hating each others guts because one man got a job the other had applied for (or something petty as such) and then suddenly the planes crash into the World Trade Center, next thing you know, they forget all about what they were fighting for and their motive now becomes keeping each other alive. Afterwards they forgive everything, they hug and they are again brothers of the human race. It will be first huge step in evolution because a catastrophic event as the doomsday times will again force mankind to set aside their differences and work together in order to survive, in retrospect...they will wonder what we were all fighting over in the first place to begin with.

Tool_Is_Sick
10-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Inner_Eulogy, that was a good read man you gave that alot of thought if you ask me. But yeah it is very sad the way the world is this day and age. I wake up everyday hoping that the world will change for the better but it never happens. All we can do is one by one try to make a difference and cross our fingers for peace on earth, but we all know that will never happen. Its always me, me, me and nobody gives a shit about other peoples emotions and if you ask me (like you stated) Greed killed everyone. If its not satisfiying you and your bank account then you dont give a shit. Some cases even if your friends with them... Its fuckin sad man.

Off topic, I also knew that you were joking about the lego maniac deal. But if you cancel off the L...you spell EGO! How Ironic. Peace man 8:00 am comes early.

aenima19
11-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Well I was joking about the Lego Maniac comment. But my take on this song is this: Los Angelas, Hollywood, etc are all the epicenter of America for materialism and the loss of what should be meaningful. Hence, fret for your latte and fret for your hairpiece, fret for you pilot and fret for your prozac, etc. All these fucking materialistic objects. It's like the little boy or girl in those sweet 16 shows on MTV where all they know about life is getting everything they want, my way right away and the world just doens't work that way. They are so out of touch with reality that they become careless and nieve to the world. A bad day for them is having to wait an extra day for that personally engraved diamond necklace they wanted and it's like the end of the world for them. They're oblivious to the rest of the world's suffering. Maynard's view in my opinion is that we need to flush it all away. all these bullshit ideals and go back to the basics where the world and the people in it are important, the earth's health as well as our own is important, quit spending so much fucking money to fund a worthless war and feed our poor, create jobs for them. The world is all about the next man's greed. What ever happened to family, helping an elderly woman across the street, maybe assisting a young child to learn something he's having difficulty with in school. In addition, he's referencing the end of days (Nostadaumus, Mayan Doomsday, etc) where one day something big is going to happen and the world will be FORCED to work together to get through it. It's almost a necessary evil which is why he's praying for tidal waves, praying for riot, praying for meteor showers and tidal waves. Because that's the only thing that will make everybody open up their fucking eyes and realize once again what is truly important. Picture two men outside in a fistfight in New York, it's 9-11-01 and they're hating each others guts because one man got a job the other had applied for (or something petty as such) and then suddenly the planes crash into the World Trade Center, next thing you know, they forget all about what they were fighting for and their motive now becomes keeping each other alive. Afterwards they forgive everything, they hug and they are again brothers of the human race. It will be first huge step in evolution because a catastrophic event as the doomsday times will again force mankind to set aside their differences and work together in order to survive, in retrospect...they will wonder what we were all fighting over in the first place to begin with.

yep thats a pretty good crackdown on that aspect of the song

Inner_Eulogy
11-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Off topic, I also knew that you were joking about the lego maniac deal. But if you cancel off the L...you spell EGO! How Ironic. Peace man 8:00 am comes early.

That was exactly the point...

Tool_Is_Sick
11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
That was exactly the point...

So we do think on the same level at times?!?! Awesome. I thought you built huge lego buildings when you were a child lol. Cheers.

miketh74
11-09-2007, 10:48 PM

Ya......they think everything is "Their way right away"........

Oh ya, that's fuckin' Burger King.

Dam, I guess I just don't have anything to add to I_E's post. Definitely a good thought man. At least someone gets it.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah, pretty much hit the nail on the head, but when you compare AEnima to the rest of the songs lyrically, this song seems to have the clearest message. So I suppose it has the most important message that couldn't afford to be disguised? Or is it just Maynard telling it straight as he thinks it is? Or am I criminally insane and should be locked up?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
And throw away the key.

miketh74
11-15-2007, 07:41 PM
LOL.....this thread is great.

:))

Inner_Eulogy
11-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, pretty much hit the nail on the head, but when you compare AEnima to the rest of the songs lyrically, this song seems to have the clearest message. So I suppose it has the most important message that couldn't afford to be disguised? Or is it just Maynard telling it straight as he thinks it is? Or am I criminally insane and should be locked up?

You think that's good? You should see my opinion on 46&2 and it's relation to gumdrops.

=-)

Master_Of_Nothing
11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
You think that's good? You should see my opinion on 46&2 and it's relation to gumdrops.

=-)

Gumdrops!?
This, I gotta see.

Then again, Most Tool songs are so open to interpretation that some strange ideas can crop up, and seem perfectly normal.

Inner_Eulogy
11-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Gumdrops!?
This, I gotta see.

Then again, Most Tool songs are so open to interpretation that some strange ideas can crop up, and seem perfectly normal.

....yeah, um.....it was a joke

orangeisgoood
11-18-2007, 11:44 AM
aww.... i like gumdrops.....

Master_Of_Nothing
11-18-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah me too.... gutted..:(
although nothing beats a good slab of quality chocolate mm mmm

so, shall we interpret our favourite candy?

keroppi
11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
....yeah, um.....it was a joke

Still pwning in the albums section, I see.

I probably know the answer to this, but how come you never go into Socialize or the Bin?

keroppi
11-19-2007, 09:43 AM
He doesn't only mess with noobs. He messes with everyone who he feels is deserving of it...it is quite amusing.

keroppi
11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
No, only Inner can pull this off and get away with it.

Inner_Eulogy
11-19-2007, 10:46 AM

I probably know the answer to this, but how come you never go into Socialize or the Bin?

<shrug> Not familiar with those.

Inner_Eulogy
11-19-2007, 10:48 AM
He doesn't only mess with noobs. He messes with everyone who he feels is deserving of it...it is quite amusing.

Pretty accurate. However, I'm also willing to admit when I'm wrong. I just have a mark perpensity for ones well endowed with a lack of common sense.

Oh, any by the way...it has nothing to do with your n00b status as Rivek put it. I'm equally as intolerant to all.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-19-2007, 09:29 PM

Because Inner is a mature adult and doesnt start unwanted keyboard fights over a damn computer. People in those sections of the site are just trouble makers and cowards if you ask me. Most of them hate Tool...they make you feel like a fuckin idiot at times because you dont know How to play Halo or What the best way to kill yourself is. Fuck them people. The album section is the best place to accomplish what your on this site to do and that is to discuss Tool and Why you "GET" their message.

keroppi
11-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Pretty accurate. However, I'm also willing to admit when I'm wrong. I just have a mark perpensity for ones well endowed with a lack of common sense.

Oh, any by the way...it has nothing to do with your n00b status as Rivek put it. I'm equally as intolerant to all.

He wasn't referring to my "noob" status. I think you were making fun of someone else. You and I have actually agreed on things on several occasions.

Besides, if I were really a noob, how would I know that Inner picks on anyone he feels lacks common sense and not only noobs?

Because Inner is a mature adult and doesnt start unwanted keyboard fights over a damn computer. People in those sections of the site are just trouble makers and cowards if you ask me. Most of them hate Tool...they make you feel like a fuckin idiot at times because you dont know How to play Halo or What the best way to kill yourself is. Fuck them people. The album section is the best place to accomplish what your on this site to do and that is to discuss Tool and Why you "GET" their message.

I see you've got some feelings of angst towards those in those forums. I felt that way once, but you get used to it and it will not bother you after you've been here for a while. The ones who hang out in there do tend to pick on noobs more though.

I've seen some get really hurt by things that were said. They never actually bothered me much. Either give it back to them (which may just provoke them more and draw more negative attention to you) or just ignore them and seek out those who aren't so judgmental. Don't be intimidated by idiots who can be a bully while not in your face; they're probably cowards in real life. Good luck to you if you decide to go back in there. :)

Inner_Eulogy
11-20-2007, 10:42 AM

I wouldn't say I'm always mature. And as far as those sections of the forum, I don't know right from left, I've just never visited them at all ever so I have nothign to base an opinion on them, I simply don't go there. Although it does seem like you've got some frustrations penned up from a previous experience in there ???.

Simple answer is I don't think I know all and everything about Tool. I know a hell of a lot and I know what makes sense and what doesn't. Some ideas seem to be spot on and many are plausible but then there are others which are just outright retarded and entirely undeniably irrelevant. And it is those in which become my prey.

Inner_Eulogy
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
That's not what I'm on this site to do at all. There's no real purpose to my visiting this site other than to kill time... but if I had to put a purpose to it it would not be anything about Tool or their message, it would be to communicate with people who share (or once shared) an interest of mine.

Thanks for the new signature. Now when I said enjoy it while it lasts I was referring to perhaps a cracking a grin or giggling....but now, oh now you've just gone too far with this "I'm basking in the glory" theme signature of yours...

.....anyways, it was mildly amusing and I actually thought about laughing

Tool_Is_Sick
11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't say I'm always mature. And as far as those sections of the forum, I don't know right from left, I've just never visited them at all ever so I have nothign to base an opinion on them, I simply don't go there. Although it does seem like you've got some frustrations penned up from a previous experience in there ???

Yeah unfortunately I did encounter something that I didnt really approve of but it was something small now that I think about it. People were pretty much saying Tool sucks...you will eventually understand that..blah blah..so I held my ground but its over with..I love Tool and I always Will. Period.

I just dont understand why your on a "TOOL" website and you have an account but you dont like Tool? This still confuses me to this day. People come in here to "waste time"..I dont know but there is a thing called myspace or facebook if you wanna waste time and talk to people with the same interest. Maybe im just crazy...Peace man.

Inner_Eulogy
11-21-2007, 10:40 AM
There will never come a band that will influence my life more than Tool has done. Albeit they are not AS popular as say Led Zepplin but the movement is there. You never see bands anymore these days put in half the dedication into their music as Tool does, nor is the music as good or the message they make. Tool is to me the best band ever created. There is just so much depth to what they do. I would love to shake Maynards hand one day, sip some wine in Sedona and just shoot the shit about any and everything. I wonder if he really is humble in real life and down to earth or is he like fuck you crazy fans, leave me alone.

keroppi
11-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I agree with you, Inner. Although I'm not sure I'd want to meet him. I wouldn't want to be presented with an image other than I one I hold of him.

Inner_Eulogy
11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I agree with you, Inner. Although I'm not sure I'd want to meet him. I wouldn't want to be presented with an image other than I one I hold of him.

Nah, I think it'd be great to meet him as well as the other band members. No crazy stalker fan shit, just to hang and get to know them as real people out of sheer curiousity.

Inner_Eulogy
11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Well judging by the way he acts towards his fans, the latter

So Eulogy, I'd suggest you don't show him the tattoo of his face on your ass when you meet him

Well could go both ways, granted he may be quite cynical about his fans or fans even in general. He could very well be down to earth with ya' if you are with him. I know if I was famous, the crazy overzealous people wanting a lock of my hair, my underwear or even my water bottle would freak me out too! I'd be fuck your crazy dumbass. But the people that are down to earth and just appreciate the work he does and him as a person (not some star) he would be cooler with.

FYI, I suggest you ask your sister to quit calling me...I've already told her 4times a day is plenty enough.

keroppi
11-21-2007, 02:11 PM
LOL, I foresaw a much different response to that.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-21-2007, 04:02 PM
lol I love you guys. If I had the chance to met Maynard or any of the band members..I definately would. Yes they might look at me weird and think im a fuckin crazy mofo but i would just wanna shake their hands and say thanks for making me look at things at a different angle during everyday life.

Inner..Tool is definately the best band ever created. Some day I might not listen to them as much as I do now but they will always have a special place in my heart/mind. Peace man.

Lastly to my friend Rivek, Im really sorry about your sister man that sucks about having every STD know to man. So, What is she doing this weekend?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-21-2007, 10:28 PM
haha Ill protect myself..Thanks for the heads up dude.

keroppi
11-22-2007, 06:44 AM
I guess I was expecting you to insult Inner, not your sister. Funnier this way though.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-22-2007, 06:43 PM
A man with a purpose...I like that..Word! HAHA

miketh74
11-23-2007, 08:15 PM
There will never come a band that will influence my life more than Tool has done. Albeit they are not AS popular as say Led Zepplin but the movement is there. You never see bands anymore these days put in half the dedication into their music as Tool does, nor is the music as good or the message they make. Tool is to me the best band ever created. There is just so much depth to what they do. I would love to shake Maynards hand one day, sip some wine in Sedona and just shoot the shit about any and everything. I wonder if he really is humble in real life and down to earth or is he like fuck you crazy fans, leave me alone.

In my opinion, I think Maynard's a down to earth guy even if he is clinically insane from all the acid. It takes socializing, exploring, and blending all of your experiences in life to be as smart as him. The dude is clearly on a higher plane.

miketh74
11-23-2007, 08:20 PM
And I can't begin to understand why anyone would sign on to a Tool site without liking them (especially an opinion page).......except to provoke the ones that love the band to gain attention.

miketh74
11-23-2007, 08:37 PM
They're just trying to help people

Help them with what? Anger management?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-23-2007, 09:52 PM
lol whoa...So now we have to listen to assholes talk down on Tool so we can gain our "Coolness" in the world/TDN? Fuck that dude. Seriously. I like what I like and im not going to listen to any idiot saying that Tool sucks etc on a Tool page. Period. Ill say it again....If you dont like Tool...Why are you here?

orangeisgoood
11-23-2007, 09:55 PM
^^^ serious props dude, couldn't agree more.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-23-2007, 10:28 PM
What the hell did you just say? lol Im sorry Im not understanding you my friend....I guess I need to start meditating or something.

Edit: I just read that again..I might just put that as my Signature. haha. Peace

orangeisgoood
11-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Come on guys, basically Tool just helps you "think with your cool" and once you start doing that you have to learn to exercise that like you meditate to exercise your normal brain and then you take things like music from your external self to exercise your cool see?

you musta been high when you wrote this cause i cant understand your form of "English".

keroppi
11-24-2007, 06:32 AM
You know, there is an albums section dedicated to Tool at least, I don't think there's too much negativity in this section. Then again, I don't spend as much time in here like I used to, so I really don't know.

Rivek, you can't really call someone a noob...unless you're an alias. So what's wrong with that guy? I'm curious about certain people being hated on. It must suck a little bit for them, to sign up for a forum and constantly get picked on.

There are definitely some who are deserving of it...like TGTS, Jarring, Apachana, and many others.

iAMtheMA!
11-24-2007, 06:42 AM
aenema's about the crashing waves of a psychedelic, endogenous, secretions of pineal dimethyltryptamine ...the "flood" of a lachrymose storm. developing a flow into an excited, electrical spark (neg ions) before entering "third eye".

maybe not, though.

keroppi
11-24-2007, 06:45 AM
I haven't seen you for some time, you must also stick to the albums section more.

I guess we got a little off subject there.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Like I keep trying to tell you guys, pretty much everyone who signed up here liked Tool at one point. Most of us just burned ourselves out on it over a period of years, I still dig em but some didn't make it out with that interest intact.

You listen and listen and spend time on an internet forum about the band hour after hour for years, you tend to get a little burnt out. It's not like they came here looking to bash the subject of the board, they just turned towards bashing it, but don't leave because they know the community.

Case In Point (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=9299&postcount=48)

Agreed man but i just dont like the way people go about stating their opinions on the topic thats all. People need to learn how to relax in here and just have nice conversations instead of unwanted "Keyboard" fights. Seriously its so childish. State your opinion and move on. Plain and Simple. If your burnt on Tool then your burnt on Tool...Can I get BURNT on Tool in peace?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Rivek, I also agree with you on uriah jones..He is a weird character that does whine alot and brings some strange ideas to the table. I guess thats how he is and im pretty sure he wont change his act.

But then again..I bring some strange ideas to the table as well.
Ive been called "Insane" in here before but I dont mind that. Later.

miketh74
11-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Like I keep trying to tell you guys, pretty much everyone who signed up here liked Tool at one point. Most of us just burned ourselves out on it over a period of years, I still dig em but some didn't make it out with that interest intact.

You listen and listen and spend time on an internet forum about the band hour after hour for years, you tend to get a little burnt out. It's not like they came here looking to bash the subject of the board, they just turned towards bashing it, but don't leave because they know the community.

Case In Point (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=9299&postcount=48)

Dude....Rivek.......you've posted that comment before. If you're so burned out on Tool and this forum discussing Tool, then maybe this isn't the right outlet for you. I'm sorry, I don't agree with becoming less interested in the band or their music due to being burned out. This site is for dedicated Tool fans (old and new). And I understand that not everyone likes Tool. In that case, they should be posting only in the socializing threads.

The best attribute this site has is being able to read everyone's interpretations of Tool and how it has affected or changed their lives.

miketh74
11-24-2007, 11:42 PM
I personally wish there was a little less how it affects or changes our lives and a little more how mushrooms alter how we neurologically perceive masking effects in sounds which allows certain musicians, who may or may not be privy to empirical data regarding the effects of hallucinogens, to hide crazy robot monks chanting and shit in their music for people iwth fucked up brains to go all schizo over.

LOL....

If you can figure that out, please post it. I can't explain the empirical data on hallucinogens either. We need a forum just for that.

keroppi
11-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Apachana doesn't belong on that list

I've seen him post shit that says he does.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
But then again..I bring some strange ideas to the table as well.
Ive been called "Insane" in here before but I dont mind that.

*guilty look* hmmm well see, i can explain..... You're nuts lol

Since when was this a 'beat up on uriah jones' thread?
or a 'beat up on the noobs' thread?
Head off to the socializing section or start talking about AEnima (pow!)

Tool_Is_Sick
11-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Calm down sweetheart..I went through that stage of being called a noob and I am called a noob to this day..so just hold on to your panties...You'll be fine. Mr. Jones is just crazy like me so that is why we love him so much.

Also, Thanks for saying that I am nuts..Everyone in my life tells me that and I just think its the best. I just look at EVERYTHING differently thats all..Does this make me nuts? If so..WORD!

By the way, Master of Nothing to Say...I really fuckin dig your signature...Why the fuck didnt I think of that shit..I Envy you..

Wow...

Tool_Is_Sick
11-25-2007, 09:48 PM
*facepalm*...

lol He thinks your sexy because your a homeland cop. haha

Tool_Is_Sick
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Everyone is different man..Everyone has different views opinions whatever you wanna call it..thats what makes this wonderful world go around and around...so if im nuts to you or to anyone in here well then im nuts..I personally dont care. I think what I think and I move on.

Inner_Eulogy
11-26-2007, 11:05 AM
^el oh el.

Ænema is the best song on Ænima (imo) and its meaning is so obvious I will not comment on it.

Well at least you would think it's obvious. I think my analogy a few posts back hits the nail on the head. Albeit, some people will still try to make it into something else than the "what-should-be-obvious" meaning.

iAMtheMA!
11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
hidden agendas

Master_Of_Nothing
11-26-2007, 12:31 PM
There's something I feel I have to clear up here.

On the internet, there are newbs, and there are fucking n00bs.

You also forgot the people who are veterans and think they own the place.
Quit beating up on people who call you homeland security/ cop, if its such an unoffensive name, then why are you taking offense? (Chopper Fucking Reid)

By the way T_I_S, if it makes you feel better, Leonardo Da vinci was thought to be nuts too back in his time.

Inner_Eulogy
11-26-2007, 02:32 PM
The intriguing (sp?) part about Tool is this: their songs are very straightforward in their meaning and even meant to be straightforward. Yet Maynard's lyrics can be interpreted in many ways in most songs, giving more then once more then only one straightforward meaning. I think he wants people to listen to the meaning they seem most fitting to them.

That didn't make any sense at all. Those are totally opposite statements to say that on one hand the lyrics are "very straightforward" (which I disagree for on most songs) yet on the other hand you're saying it can be interpreted any way seen fit. If anything was so straightforward, there would only be one way to interpret it. Now if lyrics are multi-layered and somewhat vague then they can be interpreted in many ways. Now the drawback to that conclusion is where many of my arguments with others on here arise from is that fact that while the songs/lyrics may be open to more than one interpretation...there are many theories on here that I've seen that are just so far from the truth and are completely irrelevant or downright uneducated (IE: the pot is about the third eye andthe chakra system). There are a few ways you can interpret some songs but, they don't go any further than that.

iAMtheMA!
11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
it's just better music when it all up to you. connect however possible.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-26-2007, 10:27 PM
There's something I feel I have to clear up here.

On the internet, there are newbs, and there are fucking n00bs.

Newbs are just new members, they grow out of their status eventually, and are treated like little brothers by the established members, for better or worse. Good examples of these are T_I_S and M_O_N.

n00bs are fucking morons who need to stop posting. And it has nothing to do with how long they've been around, nor how many posts they have. Someone could have a 2001 join date and still be a damn n00b if they post the level of low/no-quality bullshit that uriah jones does.

Yes I am a Newb...Im fuckin awesome. haha Thanks dude.
I remember Iota calling me a n00b one day though... :( Im Doomed. I love this place.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-26-2007, 10:33 PM
hidden agendas

Hidden agendas ,in my opinion, is talking about the people that just use you to get what they want and eventually say "Fuck you I dont need you anymore."

Adding to the conversation- The Smiley Glad Hands part are talking about people who are extremely nice to your face but they stab you in the back every chance they get.

This might be way off to everyones interpretations to those parts but that is what it means to me.

Flush all the bullshit people away from this potenitally awesome world.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-26-2007, 10:36 PM
By the way T_I_S, if it makes you feel better, Leonardo Da vinci was thought to be nuts too back in his time.

Thanks man..it makes me feel wonderful inside.

iAMtheMA!
11-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Hidden agendas ,in my opinion, is talking about the people that just use you to get what they want and eventually say "Fuck you I dont need you anymore."

exactly what i see maynard doing...
- "i'll take just what i came for"
- "i need you to feel this, i need this to make me whole"
- "either way, i must say goodbye, you are dead to ME"

hidden agendas.
(the message of hope: "for those who CHOOSE to hear it")

"MEEEEEEEEEE, the chosen ONE.
THEY chose ME."

"it's a choice between love and fear" - hicks
"peace and annihilation" - apc

connected, unconditional, without judgment ...unity
VS. disconnected, self-destructing, ego centric ...lie.
(disharmonic consciousness)

let go. crucify the ego.
pray. learn to swim.

"remember i'll always love you."
remember, "there's no love in fear"

again, that's how i see it.

miketh74
11-27-2007, 06:01 AM
I've posted it many times before because nobody seems to get it. Personally, while I've chilled on Tool a lot since a few years ago, I still greatly enjoy them. I'm not burnt out on them myself. But to say that this site is for 'dedicated' Tool fans makes no sense. There was no test to see if anyone knew about the fibonacci connection in the lyrics to Lateralus or how to play the intro noise of Prison Sex on a guitar. I feel the point of this site is to have a community for people with a common interest.

I have to respectfully disagree. The best part of this forum has always been the community, for me. The people here, all of them, truly give me some grins and positive feelings. I can't downplay how much of a factor that is in me pointing my browser to www.toolnavy.com at least once a day.

Hell, through this site I've made friends all over the country, some that I'm planning to chill and smoke with in mid-March. I wouldn't have gotten those kinds of connections without Interact.

Point understood.....however, the common interest that brought you into this forum IS Tool. So, if you want to discuss politics or shaving your nuts....post it in the socializing threads. This section is for album interests.

Also, it's your opinion that this site is for linking up with people all over the world. I actually totally agree that is another awesome attribute, but IMO.....I like to check out how Tool affects other people.........all over the world. So we do have a common interest on what we're doing here after all.

Bottoms up.

miketh74
11-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Yes I am a Newb...Im fuckin awesome. haha Thanks dude.
I remember Iota calling me a n00b one day though... :( Im Doomed. I love this place.

I never got the pleasure of being called a n00b. Somehow, I feel left out.

:(

Inner_Eulogy
11-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Adding to the conversation- The Smiley Glad Hands part are talking about people who are extremely nice to your face but they stab you in the back every chance they get.

Smiley glad hands was a reference to politicians I think but on a general level you are correct

iAMtheMA!
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM

good ole maynard...

;) look at 'em, holding out stereoscopic wine

Master_Of_Nothing
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
And as far as you telling me to quit... I fail to recognize how you think you have any authority over me whatsoever.

Who said anything about authority? I just tell people that theyre overeaching themselves, and hope that somone listens to me, for their own sake

Tool_Is_Sick
11-27-2007, 09:37 PM
I never got the pleasure of being called a n00b. Somehow, I feel left out.

:(

Hey man if I could I would but I cant so I wont. <~lol What?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Smiley glad hands was a reference to politicians I think but on a general level you are correct

Hey Inner if you can find some information about the politicians reference to this part I would be interested. Thanks man.

BTW, Whats up dude? I havent talk to you or seen you post in a while. I guess your a busy man. How are things going with your woman? I hope all is well my friend.

laura
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Well judging by the way he acts towards his fans, the latter

So Eulogy, I'd suggest you don't show him the tattoo of his face on your ass when you meet him

Yep, somehow I don't think Maynard would get a kick out of meeting his 'big fans' . Its kinda funny and ironic and kinda sad (i dont mean as an insult just sad) how Maynard somehow cops this god status thing, when, from everything put together, it's pretty obvious that is not what he or the band is about.... I dont want to meet maynard but I'm glad he exists and i hope he keeps making music so i can keep listening. And i just noticed how uncomfortable it makes me talking about him like he is the band - hes not the band. There is a shitload of talent there, not just maynard.

laura
11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Rivek;2263385]True, but when I met him, my cousin and I were about as down to earth as we could be about the whole thing, just trying to randomly chat about stuff, and he kinda took the attitude of "I don't want to be in this conversation." I don't know. Maybe life on the road makes him, or is general character is that of, a somewhat private, non-outgoing guy.

Maybe he doesnt like talking to strangers....after all , thats all fans are...strangers. And its kinda wierd i mean people that think they know him cos they listen to his music and want to talk but he doesnt know them - i would be the same. I reckon most famous people that are nice to their fans only do it cos they have to be cos otherwise their fans might realise they have no talent.

Inner_Eulogy
11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
fixed

LMAO

Inner_Eulogy
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey Inner if you can find some information about the politicians reference to this part I would be interested. Thanks man.

BTW, Whats up dude? I havent talk to you or seen you post in a while. I guess your a busy man. How are things going with your woman? I hope all is well my friend.

I've been posted all over everyday, it's what I do everyday during my lunch break after reading the news. Sorry, I'm not taking the time to look up references to that when you could just as easily do it yourself. Far as the woman, I have no fuckin idea...fuck her

Inner_Eulogy
11-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I reckon most famous people that are nice to their fans only do it cos they have to be cos otherwise their fans might realise they have no talent.

Where in the hell do you get the idea that being nice and having talent are related?

So what you're saying is that if a celebrity is not nice then suddenly they have no talent? Are you fuckin kiddin me? Please read what you just said and think about that for a sec. Yes, I understand it may take anywhere from a few hours to a couple weeks for it to sink in but, in an effort to save you the trouble; talent is talent, it doesn't fucking matter if you're the nicest man alive or the biggest dick.

.....and you see class, this is the education level all of our good tax paying dollars are going to.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I've been posted all over everyday, it's what I do everyday during my lunch break after reading the news. Sorry, I'm not taking the time to look up references to that when you could just as easily do it yourself. Far as the woman, I have no fuckin idea...fuck her

I'll do it myself its cool I figured you might of had some quick information about it. About your posting rate..I just havent seen your posts so I figured you were busy with things. I'll have to open my eyes and look harder.

Im sorry about your woman as well man...it sucks when you have someone that you love and shit hits the fan. Trust me..Ive been there..and it does take some time getting over. Best of Luck my friend.

Inner_Eulogy
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Far as I can tell, she was saying that those with no talent are nice to their fans to draw attention away from their lack of talent, not implying a relationship between the two.

You could be right....oh well

useyourtool
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
awesome

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 01:52 PM
wow, i never knew this place had knees, i always thought it was a octopus of something
lol.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 02:01 PM
"I can't feel my toes! I don't have any toes!" Donkey

Octopuses don't have knees, they have.... tentacles!
Gah! Metaphors hurt!

Tool_Is_Sick
11-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Im nuts huh?

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 02:10 PM
too..much....Tool...not.. enough...food...metaphors..hurt...
Yep i'm nuts! woop woop!

Tool_Is_Sick
11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Did you forget your meds today? Well in anycase. I'll sleep good tonight.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Hah i love time zones, i just woke up!

Tool_Is_Sick
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
lol its 5:30 pm here im about to eat some dinner. MmmMMmm Crab Cakes and a Blue Moon. Sounds good to me.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Crab cakes!? wtf?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
You dont know crab cakes are? OR are you saying that crab cakes with a blue moon is disgusting??

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 02:54 PM
I have no idea wat crab cakes are, but i'm getting a bad image of pubic crabs in cake.

Tool_Is_Sick
11-29-2007, 03:07 PM
What the fuck are you talkin about? Are you tryin to be funny with that post or what man?? You know..CRAB CAKES! Like Dungeness crab, Snow Crab, Red King Crabs?? How can a person not know what crab cakes are? Seriously. This guy is talking about public crabs. Damn man...Just damn.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I know nothing about crab cakes. honest. Enlighten me please

Tool_Is_Sick
11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Ever Been to Red Lobster or any type of seafood resturant? They are balls of crab meat like dungeness, snow, or red king crab with a few other Ingredients formed into a ball and you cook them. Servered with a salad or whatever.. Dude are you serious about this? lol Im sorry i dont mean to laugh maybe you must be a hermit or something. Sorry man..Are you from the states?

Master_Of_Nothing
11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Nah, i'm a kiwi (New Zealander for the uninitiated who don't know what a kiwi is)

And i don't do seafood, makes me sick lol, give me roast or burgers any day
thats why i haven't heard of crab cakes. heh, and no, i'm not a hermit lol

Inner_Eulogy
11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
What in the hell just happened here? lol And uh, TIS, not everybody likes crab cakes, nor should they

keroppi
11-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by uriah jones
FOR SOME REASON I THINK I HAVE INSIGHT INTO THINGS, BUT REALLY, I JUST SUCK COCKS

fixed

I laughed.

What the fuck happened to this thread?

Tool_Is_Sick
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
What in the hell just happened here? lol And uh, TIS, not everybody likes crab cakes, nor should they

I never said he should like them..I was suprised that he didnt even know what they were..lol..thats all man. I didnt mean to sound like an asshole if i did.

All i gotta say..I LOVE CRAB CAKES! :)

Blame everything on me about the thread change if you want..Im the fuckin asshole that started talking about freakin crab cakes..hate me if you want :) lol sorry....

Master_Of_Nothing
11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I think this thread got taken over by the sea animals, shall we pull the plug at the bottom of the ocean?

Master_Of_Nothing
12-01-2007, 12:46 PM
We could save this thing if we wanted...

So, AEnima is about a personal grudge on todays materialistic society, despite being hypocritical because Tool became wealthier buy selling this CD, showing that they are materialistic as well

Inner_Eulogy
12-01-2007, 01:59 PM

So, AEnima is about a personal grudge on todays materialistic society, despite being hypocritical because Tool became wealthier buy selling this CD, showing that they are materialistic as well

It doesn't make them materialistic simply because they made money off of it. How else would you expect them to continue making great music without making any money off of it dumbass? Besides, they're whole point in calling out hypocrites is simply for people to admit it instead of being two-faced (throw out your one face, but with the other). Hislyrics have openly admitted he's no better than the next man but justsaying fuck you if you're going to deny that it's a part of human nature, yours including.

And I don't believe they are materialistic in the sense you're trying in incinuate anyway.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, i know this, it kinda makes his situation paradoxal or something ay. He doesn't want to be a hypocrite, but he does need to live.

Since when was it human nature to be materialistic?

keroppi
12-02-2007, 07:15 AM

I don't think it's exactly a grudge on being materialistic. I think it's about fake people who care whom they impress and their own status no matter how they get there. People who focus too much on self centered, trivial shit instead of the real world.

Having a lot of money also doesn't necessarily mean materialistic. People can be rich because of their profession but not indulge themselves. It may be seldom, but there are people such as those.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I've aways thought that materialism was an invention of western world to provide the workers with a motivation to work harder. Its impossible now to live non materialisticly because we aren't allowed to go to the forest, cut down a bunch of trees and make a log cabin with it. Or hunt animals off season

Rolo
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Flush it all away...thank you Maynard

Thank you Maynard?

Thank you, Bill (Hicks)!! Now, find your way to his "Arizona Bay" works. There you will find what inspirated Maynard for the flushing.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I think its quite amusing that maynard has his vineyard exactly where the beachfront would be if that happened lol, thinking ahead

iAMtheMA!
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I think its quite amusing that maynard has his vineyard exactly where the beachfront would be if that happened lol, thinking ahead
i've vermont bay staked out ;)

miketh74
12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Ever Been to Red Lobster or any type of seafood resturant? They are balls of crab meat like dungeness, snow, or red king crab with a few other Ingredients formed into a ball and you cook them. Servered with a salad or whatever.. Dude are you serious about this? lol Im sorry i dont mean to laugh maybe you must be a hermit or something. Sorry man..Are you from the states?

Hermit crab......

LMAO.......sorry man, couldn't help myself.

:)

miketh74
12-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Merkin Vineyards. Wonder why MJK called it that?

laura
12-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Far as I can tell, she was saying that those with no talent are nice to their fans to draw attention away from their lack of talent, not implying a relationship between the two.

I_E I think it was you that misread my post - not i. You seem to have confused my meaning quite badly in that you thought i meant the opposite of what I was saying. Perhaps I could have been more clear. Rivek was onto it, though, thanks for clearing it up on my behalf.

I_E thanks for the huge and full blown criticism though, i guess I would have done the same if i read a post that said what you THOUGHT I was saying. .

Master_Of_Nothing
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Merkin Vineyards. Wonder why MJK called it that?

http://www.spin.com/features/magazine/2007/11/0712_ipuscifer/

It explains a bit, if you don't know what merkin means i think

He's entitled to his personal joke i think

miketh74
12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I know what a merkin is, just wondered why he picked that. Then again.....I wonder WHY with a lot of shit MJK comes up with.

Inner_Eulogy
12-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't think it's exactly a grudge on being materialistic. I think it's about fake people who care whom they impress and their own status no matter how they get there. People who focus too much on self centered, trivial shit instead of the real world.

Having a lot of money also doesn't necessarily mean materialistic. People can be rich because of their profession but not indulge themselves. It may be seldom, but there are people such as those.

I agree with you that they are 2 separate traits, however, more often than not..these 2 go hand in hand.

Inner_Eulogy
12-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I know what a merkin is, just wondered why he picked that. Then again.....I wonder WHY with a lot of shit MJK comes up with.

That's just his sense of dry slapstick humor. It's like getting a cat or dog and naming him Shithead or Penis.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-05-2007, 03:48 PM
pretty dry humour, he's a better singer than he is a comedian, thats for sure.

"come here penis, come here.....good boy, good boy"

"nice cat, whats it name?"
"shithead"
"why...you bastard!"

lol

miketh74
12-06-2007, 08:18 PM
lay off the acid, dickhead, no puzzles here
Who said anything about a puzzle?? Don't take my posts so literally....I know I don't. I_E and TIS can back me on that.

Lay off the testosterone chief.

Inner_Eulogy
12-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Who said anything about a puzzle?? Don't take my posts so literally....I know I don't. I_E and TIS can back me on that.

Lay off the testosterone chief.

Um Mike, he was referencing the Puscifer album...I don't have it yet either but either on the CD or the case there's an enscription that says just that. "lay off the acid dickhead, no puzzles here". Another one of Maynard's "fuck you's" to us over-analytical fans.

Rolo
12-07-2007, 03:11 PM
no puzzles here

Or IS there? du-du-du-du du-du-du-du (twilight zone)

Tool_Is_Sick
12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
lol yeah mike its in the sleeve of the artwork and there is also a crossed out calculator that reads.."E.M.T 369" I would have backed you on this but you were wrong my friend. WHAT A DUMBASS!! ;)

Wait a sec..E.M.T 369? Maybes its the key to everything we are searching for? OMG!..only maynard knows this extremely valuable information...Wanna go get some wine?

Tool_Is_Sick
12-08-2007, 03:11 PM
yeah seriously i wanna purchase some of his wine but i live in new jersey so from what ive heard..you can only purchase his wine if you live in a handful of states so im shit out of luck i guess..

Master_Of_Nothing
12-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm in New Zealand, now thats shit out of luck.

I'll stick to the local beers i suppose

Maynards' wines taste like pubic hairs <--- Yeah Right
Tui

miketh74
12-09-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm in New Zealand, now thats shit out of luck.

I'll stick to the local beers i suppose

Maynards' wines taste like pubic hairs <--- Yeah Right
Tui

merkin hairs?

miketh74
12-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Um Mike, he was referencing the Puscifer album...I don't have it yet either but either on the CD or the case there's an enscription that says just that. "lay off the acid dickhead, no puzzles here". Another one of Maynard's "fuck you's" to us over-analytical fans.

Well then don't I feel like the fuckin dogshit under a shoe. Never heard about that. I haven't wandered into the Puscifer threads recently.

miketh74
12-09-2007, 09:39 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

I would have pwned you for posting something so stupid but Eu beat me to it.

Thanks IE.

Once again, take your own advice, dumbass

You go Rivek. My sincere apologies sweety pie.

Inner_Eulogy
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I think I see a triple threat match developing...I think there's a better way to see
who is best seeing tool...thread off...

You and your thread offs. You must really feel the need to prove something to somebody.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
yeah seriously..UriahJones/Mr. Acherontia Stynx..Why are you always looking to start an arugment with people in here? A triple threat match? What?? Put the needle down and you might feel welcome in here someday...

Inner_Eulogy
12-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Apparently that guy's 30 years old and still posts on a Tool forum. That's not too inherently bad, but the fact that he never really contributes anything comprised of sentient thought...

he's a druggie burnout, imo.

Hey now, I'll be 30 in February

Tool_Is_Sick
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
HEY NOW! YOU OLD FART! haha just kiddin dude..Whats wrong with being old? ill be 23 in may? Im right behind you I_E.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Heh, you guys are way too old to be pissing around in a Tool forum lol

And Rivek (19 years old), i saw that...

Inner_Eulogy
12-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Heh, you guys are way too old to be pissing around in a Tool forum lol

And Rivek (19 years old), i saw that...

So I'm too old to be a fan of Tool? Are you retarded? I'll bet you anything you'll still be here checking this forum out when you're my age. And I'm not "pissin' around" either, it gives me something to do during my lunch break after I finish checkin' out the news and my email.

Ah whateva' grasshoppa', maybe you stick around and I might teach ya' something.

Rolo
12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
And I'm not "pissin' around" either, it gives me something to do during my lunch break after I finish checkin' out the news and my email.

With all respect, i do think your job must suck like hell!

Just by reading your posts i can see a lot of hate and anger just exploding out of your fingertips while you're typing them down.

Maybe looking for some job offers is a better way for you to spend that lunchbreak.
lol

p.s.
Someone has to be the critic, tho. And you're doing it quite well. Help us focus, Inner!

Rolo
12-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Maybe looking for some job offers is a better way for you to spend that lunchbreak.
lol

I think "Insaner" would agree...........

Master_Of_Nothing
12-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes Inner, i feel as though you can teach me much... heh who am i kidding? lol

And damn, you check this place out AFTER the news/ emails..
although i think i'll be a hypocrite in 10 or so years

Inner_Eulogy
12-13-2007, 12:57 PM

Just by reading your posts i can see a lot of hate and anger just exploding out of your fingertips while you're typing them down.

lol

p.s.
Someone has to be the critic, tho. And you're doing it quite well. Help us focus, Inner!

I'm not an angry person really, I just have no tolerance for stupid people.

Rolo
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not an angry person really, I just have no tolerance for stupid people.

It's a bit much to nuke a spider...........

Inner_Eulogy
12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
And damn, you check this place out AFTER the news/ emails..although i think i'll be a hypocrite in 10 or so years

And what's that supposed to mean? I don't see how posting here after reading the news and checking my email makes me a hypocrite in any way.

However, I do see how that's a pretty dumb fucking comment to make with nothing to back it up.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
lol Inner is fuckin hilarious..if you dont like this guy..there is something wrong with you.

Inner_Eulogy is a WAYYYY better name than Insaner. ;)

miketh74
12-14-2007, 08:32 PM

lol

p.s.

All kinds of jobs suck like hell. Oh well.....

If I didn't have music to listen to during the day, I'd go nuttier than a squirrel terd.
It's definite therapy for me.

miketh74
12-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Apparently that guy's 30 years old and still posts on a Tool forum. That's not too inherently bad, but the fact that he never really contributes anything comprised of sentient thought...

I'm 33 and puff the occasional after dinner mint, but I ain't burned out yet. In fact, I'm still looking to discover new areas into that sentient thought. Best place for that's in this forum. Not to mention, a lot of people in here bust me up.

Tool_Is_Sick
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
It's definite therapy for me.

Hell yeah man.

Orbit
12-16-2007, 08:48 AM
DO you guys think that when he says "Mom's gonna fix it all soon, Mom's coming round to put it back the way it outta be". i always thought he said bomb, but it makes alot more sense that he says mom because he is most likely talking about mother earth, especially with the tidal waves and rain. thats my take on that line.

Rolo
12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
DO you guys think that when he says "Mom's gonna fix it all soon, Mom's coming round to put it back the way it outta be". i always thought he said bomb, but it makes alot more sense that he says mom because he is most likely talking about mother earth, especially with the tidal waves and rain. thats my take on that line.

http://toolshed.down.net/lyrics/aenimalyrics.php

First read, then think.

Orbit
12-16-2007, 02:28 PM
I have read the lyrics many times. that is the conclusion i have come to abou those oines. we all have differents interpretations about what something means, that is my interpretation i was just wondering whether or not anyone else had thought of that.

Orbit
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
uh ya looking back at that your deff right. when im thinking about alot at once my thoughts get messed up and come out real weird.

*~*»€«(Đispositioń)»€«*~*
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I never understood that line, everything is making sense and then he says that line and it just seems so out of place compared to the rest of the song to me

Orbit
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
does it make anymore sense to younow that there is a possible interpretation, or do you have anything else that you think it could be? (im not being sarcastic it may come off that way)

12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't see the "mother earth" interpretation making any sense, because in that context he is saying the earth is fixing itself pretty much and that just doesn't make sense compared to the message of the rest of the song

Rolo
12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes, quite. Flush down L.A. Get rid of the posers and wannabees over there.

Arizona Bay, here we come!

12-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Hopefully, jesse jackson will be in L.A when that day comes...

I'm going to hell

Orbit
12-17-2007, 02:12 AM
BWAHAHHAHAHA. ya leefnaspleaf i agree with you on that one, mother nature is coming to "cleanse us". just look at the tsunami's in asia, and hurricane katrina. Coincidence???

Inner_Eulogy
12-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Congrats for finally figuring out the obvious.

Inner_Eulogy
12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't see the "mother earth" interpretation making any sense, because in that context he is saying the earth is fixing itself pretty much and that just doesn't make sense compared to the message of the rest of the song

You must be half retarded. Mom=Mother Earth. Hence earthquakes, tidal waves, natural disasters coming to wipe out the majority of people, cleanse the earth to start new. It will bring a time where people drop their arguments and work together to survive.

How in the fuck doesn't that make sense to you?

Master_Of_Nothing
12-17-2007, 09:05 PM
And what's that supposed to mean? I don't see how posting here after reading the news and checking my email makes me a hypocrite in any way.

However, I do see how that's a pretty dumb fucking comment to make with nothing to back it up.

I meant i'll be a hypocrite and do exactly what you do.
I'm startled at the fact that you still come on at your age, but i realise i'll probably be doing the same thing at your age, making me a hypocrite.

Clearing things up

Rolo
12-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Since when does age have anything to do with being a fan of a band or using an internet forum?

You're a moron.

I agree. I think it's more hypocrite to leave the music you listen to when you were young and start listening to weakass popmusic instead.

Like; hey i loved Tool in the past. But now i am mature, i have a 9-to-5 job, i'm married en have some kiddo's. So now i will only listen to "the very best of Sting".

Stick to your music!

Rolo
12-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Um, Ronald, if this is you:
A: Stop projecting your own weakass tendencies onto your friends and family just because you change the way you think ever two or three weeks, and
B: IF YOU EVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT STING EVER AGAIN I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO TAKE YOU AND JESSE AND ANNE MARIE OUT TO THE LAKE AND WATCH YOU ALL DROWN TOGETHER

So stop making posts on the internet about me, asshole
Love,
you know who, Ronald.

Touché!

If Sting was a bad example please forgive me and fill in the name of another. I only meant that age is not a discriminating factor on this internet forum.

And btw i am not Ronald.....

Rolo
12-18-2007, 12:28 PM
And i'm no asshole either.

Inner_Eulogy
12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Touché!

If Sting was a bad example for you, please forgive me and fill in the name of another. I only meant that age is not a discriminating factor on this internet forum.

And btw i am not Ronald.....

How about Aqua? Now that's some good music....

"I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world, made of plastic..it's fantastic"

...you may shoot me now......haha, I hate that song but I would expect to be shot for even bringing it up

Rolo
12-18-2007, 12:35 PM
How about Aqua? Now that's some good music....

"I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world, made of plastic..it's fantastic"

...you may shoot me now......haha, I hate that song but I would expect to be shot for even bringing it up

Whatever, man. As long as you don't upset leefnaspleaf.

Inner_Eulogy
12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Whatever, man. As long as you don't upset leefnaspleaf.

Is that a joke? Cuz' if you don't know me by now, you'll come to find pretty quick that I could give 2 shits what people think of me or if I happen to upset somebody or hurt their feelings over something they said.

Aside from that, right on.

Rolo
12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Is that a joke? Cuz' if you don't know me by now, you'll come to find pretty quick that I could give 2 shits what people think of me or if I happen to upset somebody or hurt their feelings over something they said.

Aside from that, right on.

You know a joke when you see one, don't you?

YES, IT IS A JOKE!

btw Aqua was a good choice, considering this thread handles about AEnema.

Mari Jaine
12-19-2007, 12:06 PM

What else could it possibly mean?

Master_Of_Nothing
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
How doesn't it make sense compared with the rest of the song. How else is LA supposed to washed into the sea? Is Maynard gonna pull a plug out or something?
Mother Earth will take care of LA with tidal waves "Oh cuz i'm praying for rain, and i'm praying for TIDAL WAVES" And the video, water fills the chamber through holes (the metaphorical human weak points i'm thinking)

Mari Jaine
12-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Usually in their lyrics, there could be a few different meanings, but for this line I can't see another.

Also, how does it not fit with the rest of the song? I am curious about what Disposition has to say on this subject.

Also...

You must be half retarded. Mom=Mother Earth. Hence earthquakes, tidal waves, natural disasters coming to wipe out the majority of people, cleanse the earth to start new. It will bring a time where people drop their arguments and work together to survive.

LOL

I won't make fun of you though, if you come back and explain.

Mari Jaine
12-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Ha ha, I meant Disposition should come back and explain and I won't make fun of him/her. I was just laughing at what Inner_Eulogy wrote to that person and saying I won't be so harsh...it was still funny though.

12-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Well aren't you just a fucking asshole. I was looking at it in the wrong context you don't have to be a fucking dick about it. Now you're going to reply back acting like a fucking hardass on the internet. Suck my balls, sir. That is all I have to say to you.

Mari Jaine
12-20-2007, 09:29 PM
So, uh...what did you think it meant?

12-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I didn't understand what it meant because i was looking at it through a literal meaning, like an actual "mother" you know? The things that give birth? I never really thought about the "mother earth" metaphor so it didn't make any sense to me. And of course when i say that, it's a great oppurtunity for assholes to jump me about it for not being as intellectual and perfect in every way like them. I guess there's no room for mistakes anymore.

Rolo
12-21-2007, 04:42 AM
The referation to MJK's mother in a lot of Tool's songs may have led you to the wrong explaination of the word "mom". But you have to be careful what you post, because there are those who will attack on you for your misinterpretation.

Hey, we're all here to learn more about those lyrics. One can not always be on the right track at first. Now lick your wounds and carry on.

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM

Okay first off, I_E probably doesn't give a fuck if you make fun of him or not.

Second, there's really nothing for him to explain in that post, it's pretty cut and dried.

That's what I thought. If you couldn't get my point from that then you should take Interpretation 101

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Well aren't you just a fucking asshole. I was looking at it in the wrong context you don't have to be a fucking dick about it. Now you're going to reply back acting like a fucking hardass on the internet. Suck my balls, sir. That is all I have to say to you.

I CAN BE an asshole, never disagreed there. But the ball licking is something you'll have to keep between yourself and your dog/sister. I'm not exactly into that sorta thing, thanks for asking though.

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 12:03 PM
The referation to MJK's mother in a lot of Tool's songs may have led you to the wrong explaination of the word "mom". But you have to be careful what you post, because there are those who will attack on you for your misinterpretation.

Hey, we're all here to learn more about those lyrics. One can not always be on the right track at first. Now lick your wounds and carry on.

LOL, Well said. Don't let what I say get you ya'. If you do then I've already won the battle.

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Dis, that's just I_E. Don't let it piss you off, he's a good guy, he just likes to point out when people are wrong.

Purdy much

12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
What did he do? I didn't really know him when he was Uriah Jones so idk what went down between you two

Master_Of_Nothing
12-21-2007, 05:56 PM
How is he rascist? I never heard racism from him. All i've heard is intolerance from you towards him. Even thats not rascist.

I also point out that you were the one who got put on probation, whereas he hasn't been touched by the mods as far as i can tell. although i concede that some of his posts where quite retarded, but hey, hasn't everyone posted something retarded at some point?

@rt_fly
12-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Sounds like you have a man crush Rivek. Words out you have dropped the "N" bomb?
BTW how's you shroom trip?

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds like you have a man crush Rivek. Words out you have dropped the "N" bomb?
BTW how's you shroom trip?

The N Bomb...is that like a Jager Bomb? MMmmm

Oneeye
12-22-2007, 05:33 AM

What does age have to do with it? Like Inner said he's almost 30. Plus in another thread were talking about mescaline and psychedelics but you're calling him a druggie lol? I'm not wanting to get in the middle of anything just seems funny to me ;)

Oneeye
12-22-2007, 05:39 AM
I wonder when his wines will peak in flavor.

I wouldn't mind trying out some of that once it's aged well.

I've tried some (live in Arizona, it's pretty tasty).

Oneeye
12-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Since when does age have anything to do with being a fan of a band or using an internet forum?

You're a moron.

Apparently that guy's 30 years old and still posts on a Tool forum.

Didn't you bring up Mr. Styx being 30 on a Tool forum, then Inner brought up almost being 30? .........? Seriously though I got no problem with you and I'm just messing around, I don't wanna get in the middle of anyones fight here, just found that to be a bit funny.

Rolo
12-22-2007, 01:40 PM
basically we here at the Albums section will attack and insult each other, but we can still be cool at the end of the day.

I have nothing against Insaner, for example.

The only exception is Uriah Jones/Mr. Acherontia Styx. Fuck that guy.

Hey, give the guy a break. Like the opinion entrance is saying: "Tool fans from many walks of life".

It just makes this forum a little colourful. He's no danger, just a bit weird. No harm done so far. IMO

Master_Of_Nothing
12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey, give the guy a break. Like the opinion entrance is saying: "Tool fans from many walks of life".

It just makes this forum a little colourful. He's no danger, just a bit weird. No harm done so far. IMO

Key word being 'so far' lol. What with a seemingly vast majority of Tool fans being druggies or ex druggies we're bound to get some weirdos. Just don't pass any hash on to me cuz i'll feed it to my dog lol

12-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Styx has been really cool to me so far, so I really don't have a problem with him

Master_Of_Nothing
12-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Same here, although some posts are slightly weird.
Some, but not all

12-22-2007, 11:40 PM
He posted a really weird one on Bottom and got mad because tere were 34 views and no replies, even though there was no possible way to reply to it because all he did was make a statement about his personal life. Creepy

12-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Who are the two that have proven to be pretty cool?

12-23-2007, 01:07 AM
I thought we could be cool... :(

Oneeye
12-23-2007, 05:11 AM
By the way Rivek, I was just giving you a hard time, hope you know that.

miketh74
12-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Drama drama......

I think me and Rivek got started on the wrong foot, but I tend to agree with a lot that he has to say. So, bury the fuckin hatchet already. I'm sick of reading the bitching back and forth. It does make me laugh, but fush it all away already.

miketh74
12-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Now I eagerly wait to be flamed for that.......

12-23-2007, 02:15 PM
It was about an Ænima interpretation I think. Shit, we got off track lol

Rolo
12-23-2007, 02:35 PM
WTF!

Everybody is so understanding and supporting.
Next thing you're gonna tell me it's F*ckin' X-mas.

12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
I can't wait to watch the 752 repeats of "A Christmas Story".

Master_Of_Nothing
12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Ouch, xmas movies are torture. lol, blame L.A for it

useyourtool
12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
this thread is fucked up

12-23-2007, 11:53 PM
You're fucked up...

12-24-2007, 09:30 PM
I know, and ironically i'm watching it

12-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey now I never said it was bad, in fact I more or less said it was good by saying "I can't wait to watch..."

Just got served lol

Master_Of_Nothing
12-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Spread the love people! Love thy neighbour! Obey your masters!

Xmas messages suck balls quite hard

Inner_Eulogy
12-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Now I eagerly wait to be flamed for that.......

<drops the match on the gasoline>

Inner_Eulogy
12-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Ouch, xmas movies are torture. lol, blame L.A for it

Yeah, but "A Christmas Story" is pretty funny....if it's the same one I'm thinking off with the kid's tongue getting stuck on the pole..hehe

12-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah that's it.

Then he beats the shit out of that fucking ginger kid.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Don't believe i've seen it, all we got was the Santa Clause 2, and while Tim Allen is good, its just not a good movie.

12-26-2007, 11:33 PM
You haven't seen A Christmas Story? That movie is more American than apple pie...

Master_Of_Nothing
12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
And in New Zealand, we believe that american humour sucks. No offense but British comedy far outshines yours. That why british comedies don't have crowd laughter after funny bits, because we laugh. American comedies have crowd laughter because they try to tell us that that bit was funny....Flame on....

12-27-2007, 04:09 PM
lol british humor is just guys dressed up as women saying "I say, Margaret" over and over

Inner_Eulogy
12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
lol british humor is just guys dressed up as women saying "I say, Margaret" over and over

lol, pardon me jolly fellow but you have sat upon my crumpet dear sir. Fuck you wanker...crowd roars in laughter. Meanwhile back in America, we sit scratching our heads wondering what exactly the Brits were laughing at. Of course, these are the same ingenius people that call a cigarette a f-a-g and have terrible popcorn looking teeth.

Of course that rant may have been stereotypical but, ah well. I will, however, give you credit for Snatch, the Monty Python movie and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels were good movies. Further than that I'm afraid is a big steel reinforced concrete wall.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-28-2007, 04:01 PM
The Monty python movie? There are four ( that i know of ) All of them are brilliant.
And what about Fawlty Towers? Thats pretty damn good too. John Cleese is legendary

Inner_Eulogy
12-28-2007, 04:04 PM
The Monty python movie? There are four ( that i know of ) All of them are brilliant.
And what about Fawlty Towers? Thats pretty damn good too. John Cleese is legendary

Never heard of him

Master_Of_Nothing
12-28-2007, 04:07 PM
He's the actor in Monty python movies, and fawlty towers, and he was that gadgets guy in the Bond movie ( Q? )

Inner_Eulogy
12-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh....you should say Hi to Pedro, he and I are starting a conversation.

useyourtool
12-28-2007, 05:50 PM
You're fucked up...

you're funny

miketh74
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
<drops the match on the gasoline>

<rolls on ground frantically>

It wouldn't feel right being flamed by anyone else my friend.

12-28-2007, 09:38 PM
you're funny
Thanks, I needed that boost today. You earned yourself a winking face ;)

Rolo
12-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Never heard of him

Shame on you!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

12-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I've never heard of him either and you made me feel depressed :(

Rolo
12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Wipe your tears and take your Prozac :)

I guess not everyone here enjoys english humor. I can appreciate both english and american, tho.

useyourtool
12-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks, I needed that boost today. You earned yourself a winking face ;)

thanks bud youre the best

Master_Of_Nothing
12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh man, whats wrong with this world. You've never heard of John Cleese? Click on that damn youtube link and pry open that fourth eye lol.

I admit that some american humour is quite good e.g "whose line is it anyway" but by and large, british humour is the top dog

12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
thanks bud youre the best
No, you are.

iAMtheMA!
12-31-2007, 06:43 AM
shaun of the dead didn't work. neither did clerks.
something akin to american gladiators...

12-31-2007, 08:41 AM
I thought Clerks was pretty good.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Damn, and here i was thinking the americans actually produced some good comedy, when the brits did it first. I think you just put me off the show Rivek :'(
lol kidding. I thought Shaun of the dead was quite good actually

01-01-2008, 12:39 AM
mmm yes, quite.

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 12:10 PM
<rolls on ground frantically>

It wouldn't feel right being flamed by anyone else my friend.

lol

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 12:12 PM
shaun of the dead didn't work. neither did clerks.
something akin to american gladiators...

WHAT, Clerks was a great movie.

Mari Jaine
01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah, Clerks is cool; it's still funny after seeing it many times.

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah, Clerks is cool; it's still funny after seeing it many times.

Clerks 2 was great too

miketh74
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh man, whats wrong with this world. You've never heard of John Cleese? Click on that damn youtube link and pry open that fourth eye lol.

I admit that some american humour is quite good e.g "whose line is it anyway" but by and large, british humour is the top dog

John Cleese is great. If you get the chance, check out a BBC episode called Fawlty Towers. It's older than dirt, but funny for its time.

miketh74
01-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Whose line is it anyway was a british show that was imported to American television. Just like The Office.

American humor is bigger on sarcasm and insults while British humor is more surreal. I don't like either better than the other, they both have their situations. American styled humor wouldn't have worked in Shaun of the Dead just as British humor wouldn't have worked in, say, Clerks.

Agreed. British humor is more dry, but both hilarious as hell.

miketh74
01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I like and adopt elements of both styles. People often don't get my sarcasm because it can be drier than bone at times...

I would have never associated you with sarcasm.....<cough cough>

However, it is the backbone of comedy IMO.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
saying 'oh yeah' slowly works if you have a generous afro.
Its been done many times in my class, always works.

Inner_Eulogy
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
WTF is going on in here? No running in the halls people.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
He stole my lunch *pulls pistol and shoots the fucker who stole my lunch*
Its not a problem now though :)

ps

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh............

miketh74
01-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm officially lost.

miketh74
01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey teacher.

Leave us kids alone.

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat??!!

Master_Of_Nothing
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
alright, nobody move! now, fill up the bowl. yes thats it, now back OFF!

(From Family Guy, the best cartoon in the world imo)

Tool_Is_Sick
01-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah...and your gay. Family guy sucks ass. ;)

Rolo
01-06-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm officially lost.

Don't panic, just read your signature.

miketh74
01-06-2008, 07:41 AM
That would be naive, but it's a nice thought. My signature simply states fact however you look at it.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I dont understand your sig. Im offical lost.

miketh74
01-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I dont understand your sig. Im offical lost.

T_I_S, you've been drinkin'.......haven't ya?

Inner_Eulogy
01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Oh yeah...and your gay. Family guy sucks ass. ;)

I'd have to strongly disagree with that one. Family Guy kicks ass, as does South Park

Inner_Eulogy
01-07-2008, 11:11 AM
T_I_S, you've been drinkin'.......haven't ya?

LOL, the sig made pretty cut and dry sense to me

Master_Of_Nothing
01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
That sig hurts my head sometimes, but yeah i get it. Why did you choose that one anyway?

miketh74
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Who....me?

Tool_Is_Sick
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
lol I understood the signature. I was just being the dumbass that I am and I wanted to be kool like our friend "MIKETH" and I wanted to say that I'm OFFICIALLY lost like he was prior to me losing my way...thats all my friends. ;)

P.S. You guys are the shit. I just have to say..some of the topics that are discussed throughout these forums are hilarious. Peace everyone.

EDIT: Family guy sucks, SouthPark kicks ass.

Master_Of_Nothing
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
yeah you, MIKETH. Whats up with the pointless sig that confuses everybody bar the nOObs who lie and pretend they get it? Do you get a kick out our confusion or something?

Oh please, Family guy is at least top 5 cartoon of the century. better than the Simpsons anyway. South park rules. Dragonball Z is still the shit

Tool_Is_Sick
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Hope you werent suggesting that Im a noob and I didnt understand the signature little boy. Hey..Im sorry I didnt mean to call you a little boy. Im going to hell I already know it so please dont tell me again. I would sleep better tonight if you do. ;)

DragonBall Z is definately the gayest show ever. I guess people thinks its the shit though...<*Sigh*>