PDA

View Full Version : Car Rides

oO pensive Oo
12-03-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm from Maine.... and i'll tell ya, when the seasons change around here, you know it. When it's Summer, everyhting in sight turns bright green. In the Fall, the leaves turn colors never thought possible. Living in the mountains also gives you some of the best views from up high imaginable.
The one bad thing about Maine... is there's nothing to do. That's how I started listening to Tool in fact, driving around looking for some sort of activity to participate in. My friends and I would never find anything going on and eventually would just end up extreamly stoned off of green bud and arguing over which Tool CD we're going to zone out to next.

You can understand my view of "Watch The Weather Change" now. As for "Mention Anything To Me".... well i believe that's Maynard being in a complete state of Open Mindedness. It's here where anything is able to pass through and be processed. The rythmatic sounds of Tool are a wonderful selection to choose to let in.

TheHollow
12-04-2002, 02:33 AM
This thread is cool. I mentioned on another thread an experience I often have while driving and listening to "Disposition". Just kinda blank out and drive without thinking, but totally aware of my surroundings!

Danny's relaxing tabla drumming in combination with Adams mind piercing guitar just takes your mind away... And when driving alone at night... Well, it's simply AWESOME! Add a couple of clouds flying away swiftly and the wind blowing, and it's simply.... Beyond words...

Choke
12-04-2002, 05:59 PM
yeah, reminds me of laying out in an empty field, or walking through the forest. one of my favorite songs.

TheHollow
12-05-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Choke
yeah, reminds me of laying out in an empty field, or walking through the forest. one of my favorite songs.

Walking through a forest... Hm.... Reminds me of the Parabola video. Mere coincidence?

By the way you ARE right. This song does bring you (well...me) more in touch with nature... The weather... yourself...

davthelandlord
12-05-2002, 06:13 PM
do you think that the "watch the weather change" is a connection with aenima as far as the weather business is concerned ?

Peon
12-05-2002, 07:23 PM
I remeber the first time i listened to this album was while i was taking an hour long walk in the woods (absorbing those negative ions). When disposition came up I was totally lost, I started walking toward a river that i could barely see through the trees. The song really made me feel disconnected to reality like if you were looking at life just beneath the surface of water no being able to hear or see anything clearly.