PDA

View Full Version : Lateralus: The Eye of Horus

RRed
08-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Just real quick. I've been doing some reading recently on Egyptian majick and I came across a, and it seemed to me, pretty clear connection with the ancient Egyptian symbol/glyph of The Eye of Horus and it's accompanying majick rituals and Lateralus.

I've been pretty caught up in my own little personall intreptaion endevours as of recently but this really struck me as obvious.

The Eye of Horus= the eyes around the cd
= the last flaming eye in the video Parabola
= The Child Horus; Parabol,Parabola, Mantra,
Lateralus.... as a child, light and innocent
= Horus the Old Man; Reflection, Disposition
= The Abyss experienced during the maturing, progression, and preparation required to assume the Eye of Horus; as in Reflection, Grudge, Schism, Ticks and Leaches.
= Assumption of the Eye of Horus; Lateralus as
wholistic story line
= The Eye of Horus; lunar, the moon
= The Eye of Horus; prying open my third eye
= Horus equals Mars
= Mars is at its brightest point right now
= The flaming Eye of Horus seems to be connected to the flaming tongues of fire in the New Testament
= Enochian, Speaking in Tongues of the Spirit, the Eye of Horus

I don't know. Check it out, it facinates me.

Phlame
01-08-2004, 07:44 PM
this is interesting, here is the pic of the eye from toolband: www.toolband.com/lachrymology

maybe you are on to something..? i know the cover art represents the album but i dont know if that was the eye of horus

radmanics
01-09-2004, 05:37 PM
= Horus equals Mars
= Mars is at its brightest point right now

Check your chronology; Lateralus was realsed around 2000, mars was at its brightest in 2003. I doubt an album would have been written with a year 3 years later in mind; especially considering most of tool's mythical stuff revolves around the number 7 :p

RRed
01-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Check your chronology; Lateralus was realsed around 2000, mars was at its brightest in 2003. I doubt an album would have been written with a year 3 years later in mind; especially considering most of tool's mythical stuff revolves around the number 7 :p

Haven't been here in awhile but just wanted to respond. I wasn't making any real concrete allusion to 'mars being at its brightest point' but rather this was the time I had discovered the essence and the story of Horus and The Eye of Horus..... It just struck me as odd because I was on a cruise in the Bahhamas at the time and was just facinated with the tranquility of the sky and especially the red radiance of Mars and found it amazing that at that very moment on that boat is when I read about Horus. Horus and the Eye of Horus is associated with Mars and the qualities of Mars as far as Egyptian majick goes. Thats it.

RRed

corps d'allumen
01-19-2004, 08:21 PM
http://enterprisemission.com/millenn.htm

all these articles are entitled "the age of horus" parts 1-5.
they are all highly relevant, in my opinion, to this album (esp. the voice of god)
and to what's coming to us all. (keeping in mind all the mars references.)
if it indeed did come down to an evacuation, do you think that you're important
enough to be saved? the elite will come (or go, rather) before us, if we go at all...

RRed
01-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Well another enlightening discovery at least for me regarding horus.... So, if I remember correctly, in 1914 something had supposedly changed as far as the broad psyche of our species. Something that we are just now "realizing" or becoming of aware of... The Aeon of Horus, "the child".. The emergence of this evolution is the basis of Liber Al...Thelemas Book of the Law, which was dictated by a discarnate entity known as Aiwass through.. Guess who, our old buddy Aliester Crowley. This is pretty interesting because the idea behind Liber Al is that it is the end all...no more wondering, no more questioning, no more rebelling or rejecting so called truths because this Law is usurpassed and was, is, and always will be the "truth" by which all rests upon. The idea is that this Law will be the equivalent to politics, religion, culture, science replacing categories and differences with a unified body of truth. Hence dominace will come to who ever adopts and adheres to Liber Al... This is also relevent because through this progression, that supposedly will last 2000 years, we will evolve as well, not necessarily in physicality but metaphysicality...unified.. hence the ascension of the Oversoul... sound familiar... Look at Alex Greys painting the Oversoul.. it may shed some light on this idea visually.

RRed

01-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Check your chronology; Lateralus was realsed around 2000, mars was at its brightest in 2003. I doubt an album would have been written with a year 3 years later in mind; especially considering most of tool's mythical stuff revolves around the number 7

Hmm I didn't know that. Can you or anyone else please expand?