PDA

View Full Version : lateralus-conflict?

regal lover
08-17-2003, 05:20 PM
sorry conflict's a strong word just had grab the attention ye know im kinda getting the vibe that maynards talking about his desire to be aware of the experience of being the salt while still being able to experience the taste of the salt

Restrain_yourself
08-17-2003, 05:27 PM
please explain this little salt thingy????

peace-----------and Goodbye

regal lover
08-18-2003, 06:11 AM
please explain this little salt thingy????

peace-----------and Goodbye

i was hoping that someone cpuld grasp the meaning and ariculate better than i could because when i do i tend to get lost but here we go

one of the upper most realms of consciousness is divinity here we experience that all is one from the salt to the the sky. im not sure but i tnink that modern science is beginning to prove this and a lot of people believe and can see how it is percievable but very few people have become aware of it and actually experienced it. It is concievable that when we experience it we realise the infinite nature of everything, hence the spiral and fibonacci references which i think are mathematical expressions of infinity.At the same time we are still human and are able to experience the manifestations of the divine plain and can be very aware of these experiences without any desire or need to understand by analysis. So my understanding is that maynard is seeking total awareness of all-

aware of being the salt while still being able to experience the taste of the salt

paraflux
08-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Very good. Although I think you should keep Maynard the man out of it. I am of the opinion that he is never speaking from his personal viewpoint when he is with Tool. Rather, I think he is channelling some sort of pure energy, just using the words that Maynard the man would have used. Anyway...

I understand the salt thing. According to string theory, all matter is constructed of the exact same particle called strings. Further studies have shown that these strings are actually shards of broken space. So if all this is real, then we are nothing. We are composed of nothing, when nothing exploded, the shards of it are what everything is composed of. Brings new meaning to Nine Inch Nails' term "Now I'm Nothing." Yes, to experience infinity and what we thought was previously impossible is a grand thing. Perhaps the grandest of them all. You are on the right track, regal.

RRed
08-18-2003, 04:23 PM
The Ain or no-thing. As in the Qubalistic belief Ain-Soph; the pinicale of divine progression. It is also related to the Egyptian majickal tradition of assuming the Eye of Horus and the process by which one ascends and recieves its insight; prying open the 3rd eye.

RRed

regal lover
08-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Very good. Although I think you should keep Maynard the man out of it. I am of the opinion that he is never speaking from his personal viewpoint when he is with Tool. Rather, I think he is channelling some sort of pure energy, just using the words that Maynard the man would have used. Anyway...

I understand the salt thing. According to string theory, all matter is constructed of the exact same particle called strings. Further studies have shown that these strings are actually shards of broken space. So if all this is real, then we are nothing. We are composed of nothing, when nothing exploded, the shards of it are what everything is composed of. Brings new meaning to Nine Inch Nails' term "Now I'm Nothing." Yes, to experience infinity and what we thought was previously impossible is a grand thing. Perhaps the grandest of them all. You are on the right track, regal.

PARAFLUX; I understand y u have the viewpoint that Maynard is channelling pure energy, however u must b aware that he is doing this consciously. As i'm sure u know, all conscious choice stems from desire.

regal lover
08-18-2003, 04:47 PM
sorry bit drunk here didnt mean to post this twice

paraflux
08-19-2003, 05:54 AM
PARAFLUX; I understand y u have the viewpoint that Maynard is channelling pure energy, however u must b aware that he is doing this consciously. As i'm sure u know, all conscious choice stems from desire.

Of course The man is not unwillingly possessed or anything. I agree it is a conscious choice, hence the "preparation" for a show.

regal lover
08-30-2003, 07:35 AM
Of course The man is not unwillingly possessed or anything. I agree it is a conscious choice, hence the "preparation" for a show.

i dont understand why maynard is not talking from his personal viewpoint with tool and i do not know about his preparations could you please explain to furhter my understanding and knowledge

peace