PDA

View Full Version : Third Leg Triad?

miketh74
10-08-2007, 06:37 PM
I know they originally planned for this to be all one piece, but I was thinking that Tool didn't b/c Triad really doesn't follow the mood of Reflection.

Disposition leading into Reflection makes sense to me. Even the warping electric drums seem to blend them both.

I'm willing to bet that there's a piece of music that filled the gap between Reflection and Triad though. Any thoughts?

:l

parables in the world
10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Eon blue Apocalypse

miketh74
10-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Eon blue Apocalypse

I could imagine that, but Eon Blue Apocalypse seems to be more of an intro for The Patient. And even if it was intended to lead into Triad, why stick it on track 2?

NowisMytimE
11-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Think of the three songs as the 'basic' structure of a short story - BUT forget about the segues between the songs as far as the music 'flowing'.. think of it more as a chapter change, or a page turn.. Triad is the culmination of sound, of the piece of as a whole.

miketh74
11-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Think of the three songs as the 'basic' structure of a short story - BUT forget about the segues between the songs as far as the music 'flowing'.. think of it more as a chapter change, or a page turn.. Triad is the culmination of sound, of the piece of as a whole.

Possibly...

Don't get me wrong. I dig the 3 songs as a whole piece, but it still seems as if something should be between Reflection and Triad. Maybe edited for keeping the album from being "too long".

miketh74
11-06-2007, 09:51 PM
There even seems like there should be another piece after Triad (not Faaip de Oiad).

NowisMytimE
11-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Youve made me listen to the three over and over for a week or so now.. and maybe I can see what you are saying.. BUT.. Id rather accept that these three as a whole are finished and dont need anything in between or at the end.. Id rather take them for what they are, and analyze them with accpeting what they are

Dr.Styles
11-10-2007, 10:09 PM
No. Reflection leads into triad, and that's how it should be.

NowisMytimE
11-10-2007, 11:03 PM
No. Reflection leads into triad, and that's how it should be.

That IS how it should be, and that IS HOW IT IS - but I was giving his OPINION consideration..

miketh74
11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Again, I dig the way they finished the album, but DC admitted that they spent a lot of time on these particular tracks. So my guess is that there was some editing. I'd just like to hear what was originally laid down.

Guess we can put this thread to rest?

walnut
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
they are one unit. but you are right about the lead ins. triad is a big contrast and its supposed to be

Lateralareallofus
04-15-2011, 06:38 PM
BUMP. triad is a the crazy ass roller coaster that you ride after walking around the park dazed and confused form all the sights aka Reflection.

06-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Possibly...

Don't get me wrong. I dig the 3 songs as a whole piece, but it still seems as if something should be between Reflection and Triad. Maybe edited for keeping the album from being "too long".

Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)!

1jet10
06-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Interesting ideas but I think tirade sounds so out of placs because they put it in backwards. ( this is a theory) I think of reflection as a mirror. What's on one side (disposition) is normal, and what's on the other side is flipped around backwards. It sort of makes sence. Especially when you think about how tirad starts and ends.

1jet10
06-14-2011, 07:38 PM
It would sound interesting at least...

dancingflame
06-15-2011, 05:07 AM
intension ;P

F1ugtier
07-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Interesting ideas but I think tirade sounds so out of placs because they put it in backwards. ( this is a theory) I think of reflection as a mirror. What's on one side (disposition) is normal, and what's on the other side is flipped around backwards. It sort of makes sence. Especially when you think about how tirad starts and ends.

Interesting theory, but to me Triad seems to be way more out of place when listening to it backwards than the normal way.