PDA

View Full Version : AS the walls come down

g-bay-be
08-16-2003, 12:01 PM
There are 2 very moving spots in this song

1 - And I feel this coming over like a storm again

This is an amazing line... I can see emotions building up like a storm... and these are the emotions you have been bottleing up but to slip into that vulnerble state you need to let it all come out.

which leads me to

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died

I think of all the walls we have built to keep the our true selves inside so no one can hurt us or see us for what we really are. But we NEED to have the walls come down... we can't hide behind them. Once they are down the revalation of emotions just brings a tremndous weight off our backs and of our chest. so we can finally have inner peace

we all understand what the song is about but can we apply it to ourselves. we understnad that we have to do what we have to do but can we really just let these emotions through... Its a long a journey but I believe we can all make it

Windir
08-17-2003, 02:20 AM
It seems like you have some connections with this song.
You only talk about the things bottling up inside of you, and let it out at one moment when noone needs to hear that shit of you.

I think of all the walls we have built to keep the our true selves inside so no one can hurt us or see us for what we really are. But we NEED to have the walls come down... we can't hide behind them. Once they are down the revalation of emotions just brings a tremndous weight off our backs and of our chest. so we can finally have inner peace

This is something interesting.
You talk about the walls we build to protect ourselfs from the outside world... the world around us and the people who hardly know you. (Or your friends, who think they know what you'r all about).

So, I think that, when you are able to make the walls come down, you are also opening up to yourself... and your friends.
Maybe to let them know what you are about... what you think/need/want/are etc.

we all understand what the song is about but can we apply it to ourselves. we understnad that we have to do what we have to do but can we really just let these emotions through... Its a long a journey but I believe we can all make it

I don't agree with you here!
I guess you were saying this... it would be great to let go of your shield... and you think everyone is able to do that.
Though I know that there are many people (in here) who will never let anyone come close to them.
Or maybe they will... I dunno... but there will never be someone who know you better then yourself!

Luna Galapogos
08-17-2003, 11:14 AM
I believe that the walls that are built up around us, are built by us, not to come down, but to stay there forever. To hide us from the things that we don't want to face, the things that truly hurt us. Why do you think that many soldiers from Vietnam don't talk about it. They have tried to build a wall around. I don't think that we can pull these walls down ourselves, it is people, situations, environment that pulls it down for you. The only thing you have to do is put yourself in a position to have it come down. Like soldiers who went back to Vietnam, it helped a lot of them get past what happened, it tore down the wall they built, but it was going there that did it. They could not have done it without having gone back. No matter how much your heart begs you to open up again, it will not on its own. Something exterior has to be there to tear it down.

Windir
08-18-2003, 04:45 AM
I believe that the walls that are built up around us, are built by us, not to come down, but to stay there forever. To hide us from the things that we don't want to face, the things that truly hurt us.

That's what I tried to say...
That is one of the important reasons why we don't talk about our true feelings to everyone that comes in our way.
Also why we tell our 'Friends' the most things.

I don't think that we can pull these walls down ourselves, it is people, situations, environment that pulls it down for you. The only thing you have to do is put yourself in a position to have it come down.

Our 'Friends' put us in a vulnerable position when we choose to talk about our deepest feelings.
I think we can brake our own walls down (not everyone).
We can only do it if there is a good reasons to do it (think about your family/friends).

------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it seems that the only thing we can do, is waiting for the right person who will free you from yourself... and the only thing you can do... is watch the person changing you... into something you tried to hide... but seems so good!