PDA

View Full Version : The Connection Between Jimmy and Intermission

darkpanda123
10-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Ok guys, please shoot me down if im wrong, or if this has been posted already, (i didn't really read the jimmy forum much), but i think that intermission is supposed to show that maynard was happy or doing something good when he found out about his mother (Hence the change from a happy ragtimish tune to a dark heavy one). Just my opinion.

]v[edusa
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
The song intermission is very joyous, it kinda has some sort of child like feel to it. The beat to jimmy is the same as intermission but it sounds more serious, heavy, and not as joyous as intermission. To me it feels like that sudden change from a child to becoming more adult like. At 11 Maynard had to start growing up and take life seriously like an adult, causing him to lose this connection with his inner child. I think the song jimmy is about finding this inner child once again.

darkpanda123
10-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah...you idea seems better than mine :P

Tool_Is_Sick
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
thats very true. Medusa is a very smart human being.

Inner_Eulogy
10-08-2007, 10:13 AM
thats very true. Medusa is a very smart human being.

I'm a very smartass human being....and this is a random post again, that's 2 for today. Mwah-ha-haahhh

Tool_Is_Sick
10-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm a very smartass human being....and this is a random post again, that's 2 for today. Mwah-ha-haahhh

I want you to run for president for our beloved cuntry. I will definately vote for you.

darkpanda123
10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Would you really vote for me for president?

Tool_Is_Sick
10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Negative.

Inner_Eulogy
10-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Would you really vote for me for president?

She was talking about me because I rock and I tell it how it is. Come to think about it, I would make a damn good president. Imagine, a country with no more lies - one that would fucking hunt Osama down and hang him on an American flag pole - one that would quit throwing our money into worthless bullshit and wars and fix up it's own country, healthcare and schools - one that would quit being hypocritical about important issues and one that would legalize drugs, save the jails for true crimes and torture the murderers, pedophiles and rapists followed by a bullet to the head - One that would listen to his countrymen and women "for the people by the people". A president that realistic, down to earth and honest.

VOTE INNER EULOGY FOR PRESIDENT I SAY

Tool_Is_Sick
10-14-2007, 07:46 PM
She was talking about me because I rock and I tell it how it is. Come to think about it, I would make a damn good president. Imagine, a country with no more lies - one that would fucking hunt Osama down and hang him on an American flag pole - one that would quit throwing our money into worthless bullshit and wars and fix up it's own country, healthcare and schools - one that would quit being hypocritical about important issues and one that would legalize drugs, save the jails for true crimes and torture the murderers, pedophiles and rapists followed by a bullet to the head - One that would listen to his countrymen and women "for the people by the people". A president that realistic, down to earth and honest.

lol I say I am a male not a FEMALE What the fuck dude? Damn. I'm sad now....
*sits in the corner and crys thinkin when marijuana will be legalized*

1 Vote for Mr. Inner Fuckin Eulogy! Fuck Bush...Vote Mr. Inner Eulogy.
NOW BITCHES!

FallingTear
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
This thread is now about tits.

TheAlienGus
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
* TITS *

Tucker_Futtbucker
11-30-2007, 07:35 AM

There is a forcefield of evil surrounding the White House that prevent people like us from entering. You're not the only honest person in the nation. It only seems that way.

Tucker_Futtbucker
11-30-2007, 07:40 AM
BTW, I don't think there has to be a connection between Intermission and Jimmy. Maybe one of the band members just finished watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail, laughed their ass off at the intermission bit near the end, and decided to be discretely funny by adding an intermission of their own. Maybe it was one of the members playing a trick on the rest of the band by whipping up a catchy carnival tune and inconspciuously inserting it before Jimmy. It could simply be an inside joke between the band, something they all can laugh at amongst themselve behind the scenes, something only they understand.

Aganar
11-30-2007, 05:49 PM
I always thought the song was just that: an intermission. An "intermission" is something that was done at the midway point of a long movie (like Ben Hur, for instance), so that people would have a chance to go to the bathroom and reconvene while someone behind the stage played a jingle on the piano. The rest of the album is pretty dark, and in the way that each song flows into the next, it feels like a movie, with this happy intermission music in the middle, so that one can then "resume" the album.

Orbit
12-02-2007, 10:17 AM
He would definetly be a better president than bush. i like how clinton was harassed for smoking weed while bush was doin lines of coke in college and everybody turns the other way. isnt he for the war on drugs?

Angel on the Sideline
12-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Tucker, you are so wrong on this one, my friend. Intermission and Jimmy are most definitely connected, and they're hitched together in just the way Medusa suggests.

Intermission is a carnival tune that calls to mind carousels and cotton candy and Ferris wheels and all the shit the average 11-year-old would enjoy.

mindstream
12-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Interesting insights. I never gave this much thought.

*~*»€«(Đispositioń)»€«*~*
12-26-2007, 05:26 PM
I never thought about it either, but this really does make a lot of sense now.