PDA

View Full Version : H. stands for Hydrogen

alexlevey
12-03-2002, 06:24 PM
I've heard the theory that relates pretty well to what's been said on the bootleg you seem to own. The element hydrogen, abbreviated H, composes the most simple and important solvent on earth: water. The polarity of water (being (-) on one side and (+) on the other) relates to the balance of the devil and the angel, good and evil. One should also take note the way the song sounds. It progressively goes in and out of positive and negative sounding regions, with almost a complete catharsis in the "I don't mind" part. Lemme know what you think of this theory...it is by no means solely mine, just what I've heard.

[email protected]

desert_fly
12-05-2002, 09:04 AM
i've always read that H stood for halfempty or halffull. and i think that definately works with the water theory you give. i had never made that connection but it makes a lot of sense. halfempty being pessimistic and halffull being optimistic like the positive and negative poles on a h2o molecule. tool seems to use alot of water imagery and metaphors. its all over the undertow disc and in the song aenema. and water has good and bad sides just like fire or so many other things. we drink it, clean with it, use steam for power, and use it to get places, etc. but then it can drown us. so that definately goes with the whole +/- thing. good interpretation.

Delirus
12-05-2002, 02:17 PM
and the phraise 'concideratly killing me' fit that idea well, something you need to servive but that kills you at the same time. it applies to alot of things but i like the water theory.