PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of RS

slowmo
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
So the original "Rosetta Stone" is a medium by which humans learned a un-deciphered languange (hieroglyphs), by the previous knoweldge of a more universal or known language (Greek).

Deviating from the root meaning, Rosetta Stoned implies by literal definition some sort of drug use or reference. If one was under the effects of LSD, most would consider he or she to be stoned. The word "stoned" may more directly imply the use of Marijuana, but nonetheless someone on LSD maybe considered stoned.

I was thinking the other day, most people that have used LSD report similar circumstances; seeing beings, feeling the singular consciousness, ect.. Most people feel like they have figured it all out (meaning of life), but cannot recall what the details of their discovery after the trip is over. The song Rosetta Stoned illustrates a story which may be true, or ficticious. The protagonist undergoes what many people commonly report happens when they take LSD or other psychedelics. My interpretation is that this song is trying to say we can all gain a deeper understanding of life, or the singular consciousness/collective subconscious by taking a psychedelic; therefore the drug itself is the Rosetta Stone.

I admit my interpretation is probably incorrect. I think finding the meanings of Tool songs is in general a futile effort; the songs were written to be a positive learning tool, teach people to think outside the box, be open minded, and think for themselves. I don't think Maynard wants his fans to know exactly what he is trying to say, or he would make it very obvious. If fans try to interperate his lyrics, and come away learning something positive; mission accomplished. From what I understand, he doesn't want to spoon-feed anything to his listeners..

Psilopsychedelic
11-15-2007, 09:16 AM
So the original "Rosetta Stone" is a medium by which humans learned a un-deciphered languange (hieroglyphs), by the previous knoweldge of a more universal or known language (Greek).

Deviating from the root meaning, Rosetta Stoned implies by literal definition some sort of drug use or reference. If one was under the effects of LSD, most would consider he or she to be stoned. The word "stoned" may more directly imply the use of Marijuana, but nonetheless someone on LSD maybe considered stoned.

I was thinking the other day, most people that have used LSD report similar circumstances; seeing beings, feeling the singular consciousness, ect.. Most people feel like they have figured it all out (meaning of life), but cannot recall what the details of their discovery after the trip is over. The song Rosetta Stoned illustrates a story which may be true, or ficticious. The protagonist undergoes what many people commonly report happens when they take LSD or other psychedelics. My interpretation is that this song is trying to say we can all gain a deeper understanding of life, or the singular consciousness/collective subconscious by taking a psychedelic; therefore the drug itself is the Rosetta Stone. something simply too big and profound to take back into sobriety.

I admit my interpretation is probably incorrect. I think finding the meanings of Tool songs is in general a futile effort; the songs were written to be a positive learning tool, teach people to think outside the box, be open minded, and think for themselves. I don't think Maynard wants his fans to know exactly what he is trying to say, or he would make it very obvious. If fans try to interperate his lyrics, and come away learning something positive; mission accomplished. From what I understand, he doesn't want to spoon-feed anything to his listeners..

Thats interesting. My take on the song was something along the line of this, but that it was about someone who had taken the experience too far. Maynard makes specific references to three different drugs, this song; namely DMT ,(Extremely powerful, short acting psychedelic) LSD (Blotter got right on top of me, dead head chemistry etc.), and a brief reference that the user may also be on X(ecstasy pills) as well. To me this was someone who was already very high from LSD/Ecstasy and decided he's not high enough yet, and takes a big old hit of DMT parked on the side of the road in the desert.

It seems to me that this amplified his already enlightened/possibly too fucked up state, leading to this state of pure megalomania, leading to his crazy alien encounter, and in turn making this confused young man end up in the hospital.

Point being is that we all know Tool has stated on several ocassions that psychedelics can be a positive experience but I think the point here is that you can take it too far. There's a message out there, and this guy stumbledwell beyond that message into either a realm of drug induced insanity, or upon something so big and profound that it's simply impossible to take back into the state of sobriety. I know people who have written down what they think is the most intelligent revelation on a napkin in the depth of a trip to find it's incoherent nonsense the next day.

Or maybe I'm entirely wrong...

Syrus
11-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Hello,

Another interesting facet of this song is the duality of the meaning of the title. One could argue that the theme of the entire album is "duality", and we are all aware of how Maynard likes to play off of a word's multiple meanings.

1) Stoned as in being high. This is basically the interpretation that the author (slowmo) of this thread first outlined. Basically that drugs can be a powerful tool to help you unlock the mysteries of the universe etc...

2) Stoned as in being killed by having large rocks thrown at you until you die. This is more along the lines of the second poster (Psilopsychadelic). Basically that although drugs are a powerful tool, they can also kill you if misused. The tragedy of this song is that the main character was basically given "the message" but he did not use the drugs correctly, and was not prepared to receive it (forgot his pen, shit the bed again).

The rosetta stone was an invaluable artifact that helped us learn a lot about our own ancient history, but in the end it was still a big heavy rock that if dropped on your head would easily kill you.

Inner_Eulogy
11-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Thats interesting. My take on the song was something along the line of this, but that it was about someone who had taken the experience too far. Maynard makes specific references to three different drugs, this song; namely DMT ,(Extremely powerful, short acting psychedelic) LSD (Blotter got right on top of me, dead head chemistry etc.), and a brief reference that the user may also be on X(ecstasy pills) as well. To me this was someone who was already very high from LSD/Ecstasy and decided he's not high enough yet, and takes a big old hit of DMT parked on the side of the road in the desert.

It seems to me that this amplified his already enlightened/possibly too fucked up state, leading to this state of pure megalomania, leading to his crazy alien encounter, and in turn making this confused young man end up in the hospital.

Point being is that we all know Tool has stated on several ocassions that psychedelics can be a positive experience but I think the point here is that you can take it too far. There's a message out there, and this guy stumbledwell beyond that message into either a realm of drug induced insanity, or upon something so big and profound that it's simply impossible to take back into the state of sobriety. I know people who have written down what they think is the most intelligent revelation on a napkin in the depth of a trip to find it's incoherent nonsense the next day.

Or maybe I'm entirely wrong...

BINGO...very well put, I concur

Master_Of_Nothing
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Another interesting facet of this song is the duality of the meaning of the title. One could argue that the theme of the entire album is "duality", and we are all aware of how Maynard likes to play off of a word's multiple meanings.

The whole album has a theme of duality? Somehow Vicarious, The Pot and Wings Pt 1 & 2 don't fit into that theme. But I agree with what you're saying, Rossetta Stoned can be taken two ways

Syrus
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
The whole album has a theme of duality? Somehow Vicarious, The Pot and Wings Pt 1 & 2 don't fit into that theme. But I agree with what you're saying, Rossetta Stoned can be taken two ways

Wow, we must be listening to different albums....

Here are some examples of duality that I see on this album:

Paired songs:

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two

(Other people have made arguments for Vicarious/Jambi, and The Pot/Lipan Conjuring, but those are more of a stretch)

The artwork of the album has many images of eyes (2 of 'em). every page has two stereoscopic images, the tunnel of faces on either side....

Jambi could be interpreted about balancing 2 forces (want and need) within oneself until the "two become one"

The Pot, a song about hypocrisy has a second more superficial meaning (for all the headbangers and casual fans thinking it's about marijuana use)

Even the song Rosetta stoned I believe at it's most basic core is about the duality of drug use. On one hand a powerful tool, on the other, a dangerous weapon.

Cut it all "Right in Two".... need I say more??

I agree that not everything fits into this (Vicarious), but if I had to pick one overall theme that encompasses the album, then yeah, I'd have to say that it's duality.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Wow, we must be listening to different albums....

Here are some examples of duality that I see on this album:

Paired songs:

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two

(Other people have made arguments for Vicarious/Jambi, and The Pot/Lipan Conjuring, but those are more of a stretch)

The artwork of the album has many images of eyes (2 of 'em). every page has two stereoscopic images, the tunnel of faces on either side....

Jambi could be interpreted about balancing 2 forces (want and need) within oneself until the "two become one"

The Pot, a song about hypocrisy has a second more superficial meaning (for all the headbangers and casual fans thinking it's about marijuana use)

Even the song Rosetta stoned I believe at it's most basic core is about the duality of drug use. On one hand a powerful tool, on the other, a dangerous weapon.

Cut it all "Right in Two".... need I say more??

I agree that not everything fits into this (Vicarious), but if I had to pick one overall theme that encompasses the album, then yeah, I'd have to say that it's duality.

Lumping Intension and Right in two together is a bit of a stretch as well, but i was looking at the lyrics at the time, not the song placements. Wings isn't about duality, i'm pretty sure. And aren't most songs by Tool meant to be stand alone types? Excluding Wings 1 & 2 and perhaps Disposition, Reflection and Triad?

Aganar
11-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Intension is very often lumped in with Right in Two, because the former leads into the latter, musically.

Inner_Eulogy
11-18-2007, 11:13 AM
we are all very proud of you.

Why thank you. And we are all proud that you have an endeniable sense of sarcasm. One that must have surely derived from not receiving enough love as a child....it is truly a sad sad world in which we live.

...carry on

Master_Of_Nothing
11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Intension is very often lumped in with Right in Two, because the former leads into the latter, musically.

But there is no music at the end of Intension ( i think?). I think they have a very different style of music, particularly beat wise. Right in Two has a more vibrato style, (in the bass i think, correct me if i'm wrong) where as Intension has just 'pure' notes in the guitar.

I suppose you could call that duality, or evolution of the sound, which would maybe fit into Right in two's theme

Inner_Eulogy
11-19-2007, 10:27 AM
i don't know about "endeniable sense" but i have an UNdeniable ability to spot posts that add nothing to the conversation other than to say "i concur". Reminds me of three College student involved in a deep, detailed conversation and the least knowledgeable one throwing the odd comment in like "i agree", "um yes", "without question" just to hear his voice so others do not hear his empty head.

For starters, you're an idiot to not recognize "endeniable" as a typo. Secondly, at the time I didn't have anything else to add upon the statement. Every single post on here does not have to be this paragraph or longer detailed novel of your latest Tool epiphany. I can guarantee that you too have added absolutely nothing of importance in several of your posts, as of which you're doing just now. If you have a fucking problem with it then go call your momma, if she cares at all...she'll be the only one willing to listen to your pathetic bitching and moaning.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-19-2007, 10:33 PM
BING! Someone just got served!
Can't figure who though...

Rosseta Stoned makes me think of a message from the past, you know, like the archeologists who study ruins. The lyrics seem pretty confused and jumbled, maybe we need to brush off some of the dust and find out the missing words to make it sound sensible? Cuz if my memory serves me right, the Rosseta Stone was partially cracked and faded or something, it wasn't in good perfect condition.

Inner_Eulogy
11-20-2007, 10:27 AM
i believe i did recognize the typo - hence UNdeniable....

sigh....

"i don't know about "endeniable sense" but i have an UNdeniable ability " is the comment you made as if to mock my lack of spelling. My point being that it was a fruitless attempt when it was obvious that it was a typo and not an actual lack of grammatical sense. You may as well mock a giraffe for having a long neck....what the fuck does that mean? My point exactly...

Luosdasa
11-22-2007, 09:50 PM

I was thinking the other day, most people that have used LSD report similar circumstances; seeing beings, feeling the singular consciousness, ect.. Most people feel like they have figured it all out (meaning of life), but cannot recall what the details of their discovery after the trip is over. The song Rosetta Stoned illustrates a story which may be true, or ficticious. The protagonist undergoes what many people commonly report happens when they take LSD or other psychedelics. My interpretation is that this song is trying to say we can all gain a deeper understanding of life, or the singular consciousness/collective subconscious by taking a psychedelic; therefore the drug itself is the Rosetta Stone.

you have totaly opened my eyes with this original and intrigueing interpretation.

sorry ill try not to be a pratt. really if you give a shit at all about any of this stuff, read the archives

Luosdasa
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
WOW, when i first viewed this thread, it showed that there were no replys at all :O

:O

mindfuck

iAMtheMA!
11-23-2007, 10:01 AM
see "st.albert" painting. recall "inside the outside tour". "blame hoffman". listen.

Inner_Eulogy
11-23-2007, 12:02 PM
see "st.albert" painting. recall "inside the outside tour". "blame hoffman". listen.

Um, yeah...'cuz that totally incomplete sentence explains it all. Care to actually make a statement that makes sense?

Hodge
11-23-2007, 12:15 PM
check his post history, it's hilarious

iAMtheMA!
11-23-2007, 12:35 PM
alex grey's "st.albert: the lsd revelation revolution" has two spiraling dimensions of awareness. one, the inside. the other, the outside(r) - ("frown out your ONE face, but with the OTHER...") - hence, tool's "inside the outside tour". but what's the difference? unity consciousness vs. disharmonic. the inside swirl, which is found within the HEART* of st.albert, might even be related to the 10k days' "net of being" image. all those eyes, "like phosphorescent desert buttons, singing ONE familiar song...", "tempted the devil with MY song" ...it's all about unity. c'mon...

* "you all FEEL the same, so..."

iAMtheMA!
11-23-2007, 12:54 PM
the "great pyra-mid" IS the unity between the cube of earth and the sphere of heaven. "squaring the circle", alchemy, sacred geometry.

the great "middle flame" between your own square and circle (which unifies all of us) = pineal gland = the golden capstone theorized to have existed at the top of this 'tomb' = the all seeing eye... so, dance around the central fire.

the ancients must've realised duality would be a problem for us. the great pyramid was built not only to epitomize the etymology of the word "geometry" AND represent man's very own sacred geometries AND our orbit around the sun AND the relative size of the earth to moon (combining ALL of that into ONE monument!!!!!!>>!!!>) ...but it also attempts to trump the concepts of duality, to show the middle fire, the moment, present, now ...of being one with all and everything ...a marker for ascension and realization of unity consciousness. it's within all of us.

check out blair's "let not my tears fall unnoticed" and then read or look up that dmt stuff by dr. rick strassman. it'll surely get the juices flowin'...

mmmmmmmm...endogenous...

a construKction of light, if you will...

Inner_Eulogy
11-24-2007, 08:11 AM
alex grey's "st.albert: the lsd revelation revolution" has two spiraling dimensions of awareness. one, the inside. the other, the outside(r) - ("frown out your ONE face, but with the OTHER...") - hence, tool's "inside the outside tour". but what's the difference? unity consciousness vs. disharmonic. the inside swirl, which is found within the HEART* of st.albert, might even be related to the 10k days' "net of being" image. all those eyes, "like phosphorescent desert buttons, singing ONE familiar song...", "tempted the devil with MY song" ...it's all about unity. c'mon...

* "you all FEEL the same, so..."

While it may sound interesting...it's highly unlikely. The phrase "frown out your one face, but wih the other stare like a zombie" is a reference to someone being two-faced. A hypocrite. IE: Someone who sits there and perhaps says publicly it's wrong tp do this or that and then go home and they themselves do it. To feown upon someone for doing something when speakinh to them or about them but then goes it does that very thing themselves.

iAMtheMA!
11-25-2007, 05:22 PM
well, i got that. but, then, so did everyone else the night the album was leaked. two faced. perhaps. BUT!!! take this:

"Pause for a moment and try to imagine four-dimensional space. It is right next to you, but in a direction you can't point to. No matter how well hidden you may be, a four-dimensional creature can see you perfectly well, inside and outside".

to 3 libras (you don't see ME at alllllllllll).

and then this:

"How might these beings be even dimly aware of our presence, if we normally don't have an inkling of theirs? Once more, we're treading on extraordinarily thin ice by even thinking about explanations for this phenomenon. The mere need to attempt an understanding shows us how far afield our thinking has come".
-- Rick Strassman, M.D., DMT, The Spirit Molecule

to rosetta stoned (don't know, won't know)

and finally, for good measure...

What seems clear is that the out-of-body experience is the projection of a subjective observer into the Objective Psyche: mind imploding into Mind. The perpendicular rule of dimensional progression mandates that realms numerically "higher" than the observer are always perceived as "inside" - which is to say, related to "Consciousness" rather than to "matter" (whatever that is). This explains why entities existing in numerically higher dimensions can always observe those in numerically lower realms, though normally not the other way around - unless the observer is "out-of-body."

For example, we could easily contemplate two-dimensional beings dwelling in a plane. (Imagine flat creatures moving back and forth within a sheet of cellophane.) To them, however (if they became aware of us at all), we would seem to be "supernatural" entities appearing magically within their midst. (Touch the sheet with your finger: they'd regard it as the sudden apparition of a mystery out of "nowhere." Remember, our concept of "above" can only be comprehended by them as "within.")

If this rule holds, we can hypothesise with reasonable certainty that dwellers in numerically higher dimensions are normally experienced by dimensionally lower entities as inner ephemera: as voices in the head, spirit guides, channelled entities, and so-forth. (The possible exceptions would be temporary fourth-dimensional "holographic inserts" or "shamanic projections" into three-dimensional space - such as UFOs, apparitions, ghosts, etc.)

to all of tool.

Master_Of_Nothing
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah that sounds pretty cool iAMtheMA! I think i'm with you on this one. You're saying that he's been singing about this since APC started?
(By the way, that Rosetta Stoned connection is pretty ethereal)

So, Maynard is a closet believer in 4th dimensionalism....who'd have guessed lol

iAMtheMA!
11-26-2007, 05:42 AM
since before opiate, my friend.

-_-

"burn about out" or something was "sober" during the CAD or texans days... someone else will verify, i 'm sure. but "sweat" seems to mark the end result of the alchemical process ...or at least the SALT reference.

also, "you look so precious now" ...think about surviving within the moment, think gold, think third eye.

Inner_Eulogy
11-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow, talk about some extremely FAR-fetched imaginations. I'm guessing you still play D&D on the weekends with the rest of your virgin buddies.

iAMtheMA!
11-26-2007, 11:17 AM
no, i read tool's newsletters, recommended readings, and dig like a mutha...

'splain dogon, the sirius connection, emp (electrico-magnetic pulse), 46&2, merkaba, alchemy ...let go, man. their reality is not all you think it is.

if you have something more than "wow, i have no idea what this guy's talking about, or how he came up with such things ..." ...then please ask away. test my theories, by all means...

iAMtheMA!
11-26-2007, 11:22 AM
i'm sorry, here you go:

http://www.toolarmy.com/toolband/lachrymology/lachrymology.php

or http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22let+not+my+tears+fall+unnoticed%22 (first link in serach ...if all you see is a lachrymal egyptian eye from the link above)

pay attention to the dmt, flaming pinecone, alchemical blah blah blah...

http://neurotheology.50megs.com/whats_new.html

http://www.levity.com/

a good start.

RiseToYourHalo
12-01-2007, 05:22 PM
A few interesting comments in this thread. Here are my thoughts.

In response to themes of duality:

There is a theme of duality in this CD, but a deeper message is to MOVE beyond duality.

That is, DO THE WORK NECESSARY to move beyond duality.

Maynard lifts his mother up as an example.

Judith PRACTICED her truth.

She never lived a lie.

She was immobilized and paralyzed yet stood as a pillar for others.

MOVING by will alone.

In Kyokushin karate, it takes 10,000 days of training and practice to become a master. (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=77462)

Ten thousand days in the fire is purification by willful practice.

What have YOU DONE to be worthy?

Regarding the meaning of the song Rosetta Stoned:

A Maynard quote from an interview in Relix magazine, October 2007:

“For the most part, people who experiment in chemistry are taking shortcuts to a feeling in your body you can get naturally, if you just know how to breathe and know how to focus. Music can take you there, and you don’t need the chemistry. In a way, it’s been described as a spiritual theft. If you know what you’re doing, I suppose those paths can be interesting. It’s just a shame that most people can skip the work and get straight to the feeling, and then they get there and have no frame of reference for how to really process what they’ve just experienced, so it’s kind of a waste.”

Maynard says ‘know how to breathe and know how to focus’ to experience a drug-free expansion of perception.

That takes PRACTICE.

The character in RS repeatedly says he can’t breathe and he’s totally unfocused.

And:

Taking “shortcuts”, not doing the work, not moving (using drugs, didn’t graduate, strapped down, feet cold)

Filled with fear (pissed my pants, shit the bed, heart racing, sorta terrified, don’t want to be alone)

Unable to gain perspective or a frame of reference (forgot my pen, can’t remember)

Maynard also refers to the chemical shortcut as a “spiritual theft,” which in this story is projected in an unbalanced mind as an alien abduction.

Ending the song with “don’t know, won’t know” represents the character’s continuing choice for ignorance and apathy.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
That sounds pretty good. more intelligible than iamthema!'s post anyway

iAMtheMA!
12-02-2007, 10:23 AM

thank RiseToYourHalo for the short cut.

Master_Of_Nothing
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks RiseToYourHalo, for your short cut way, from wich we may all understand without overheating our brains

Inner_Eulogy
12-03-2007, 12:23 PM
A few interesting comments in this thread. Here are my thoughts.

In response to themes of duality:

There is a theme of duality in this CD, but a deeper message is to MOVE beyond duality.

That is, DO THE WORK NECESSARY to move beyond duality.

Maynard lifts his mother up as an example.

Judith PRACTICED her truth.

She never lived a lie.

She was immobilized and paralyzed yet stood as a pillar for others.

MOVING by will alone.

In Kyokushin karate, it takes 10,000 days of training and practice to become a master. (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=77462)

Ten thousand days in the fire is purification by willful practice.

What have YOU DONE to be worthy?

Regarding the meaning of the song Rosetta Stoned:

A Maynard quote from an interview in Relix magazine, October 2007:

“For the most part, people who experiment in chemistry are taking shortcuts to a feeling in your body you can get naturally, if you just know how to breathe and know how to focus. Music can take you there, and you don’t need the chemistry. In a way, it’s been described as a spiritual theft. If you know what you’re doing, I suppose those paths can be interesting. It’s just a shame that most people can skip the work and get straight to the feeling, and then they get there and have no frame of reference for how to really process what they’ve just experienced, so it’s kind of a waste.”

Maynard says ‘know how to breathe and know how to focus’ to experience a drug-free expansion of perception.

That takes PRACTICE.

The character in RS repeatedly says he can’t breathe and he’s totally unfocused.

And:

Taking “shortcuts”, not doing the work, not moving (using drugs, didn’t graduate, strapped down, feet cold)

Filled with fear (pissed my pants, shit the bed, heart racing, sorta terrified, don’t want to be alone)

Unable to gain perspective or a frame of reference (forgot my pen, can’t remember)

Maynard also refers to the chemical shortcut as a “spiritual theft,” which in this story is projected in an unbalanced mind as an alien abduction.

Ending the song with “don’t know, won’t know” represents the character’s continuing choice for ignorance and apathy.

Damn good. I'm not sure about the 10,000 days relation to karate. I do thoroughly know what you were speaking of though. I'm a martial arts nut myself. I think the connection is related more to RS than to the album as a whole. Aside from that I totally agree. I've been screamin' the song was making a mokery of dead heads since day one while all of them them were sitting there sayin' "Man, I was trippin to this song and..." or "man I can't wait to trip balls and listen to this". It's quite funny actually that they unknowingly embrace a song that is calling them fucking fools for going about it the way they are,

hemiola
12-08-2007, 08:46 AM
It's quite funny actually that they unknowingly embrace a song that is calling them fucking fools for going about it the way they are,

^ Damn straight.

From an Eastern philosophy standpoint, Lao Tzu used the number '10,000' quite often, generally refering to the totality of whatever subject, such as refering to everything on Earth as 'the ten-thousand things' (although this may be a result of translation, but the number consistently appears in every translation I've read)

Inner_Eulogy
12-08-2007, 02:02 PM
are we getting in to the tao of jeet kune do soon?

I own that book too, great read

iAMtheMA!
12-09-2007, 11:49 AM
It's quite funny actually that they unknowingly embrace a song that is calling them fucking fools for going about it the way they are,

we are fucking fools, haha. great observation! reminds me of "prison sex" and "cuntry boner". we fuck and fuck and fuck and fuck.. ...no ... one. ... told ...you .... to cummmmmmmmmmm(come)!

crazy.

errr - i think it's time we stopped taking from the "tree of knowledge" (tree of doom? - parabola commentary), and started giving back to the "tree of life".

crazy.

i d k (w k)

slowmo
12-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Wow this thread really took off! Although this thread contains many interesting thoughts and comments, it is deviating from my original thesis. Albeit most readers of these forums are Tool fans, many must be familiar with the term "collective unconscious". Humans are "conscious", which gives us a sense of individuality; consciousness is what makes us dynamic, and unfamiliar with are true collectiveness. As concious beings, it is hard to fathom what the collective unconscious is. Psychedelics open your mind to limitless possibilities, allowing you vulnerable, and gullible to new ways of thinking. I think that Maynard writes songs in a way that makes people think, and look outside the box. Even if the listener does not realize the literal meaning to Tool's music, as long as they have asked new questions, and pushed themselves cognitively, Tool has had a positive effect on humans; I do not think Maynard wants his listeners to know the literal meanings of his lyrics. Your brain forms memories in neural networks, or chains of neurons if you will. The more routine and ritual your life becomes, the more neural networks you have of the same memories and thoughts. The longer you live in a routine situation, fail to look outside the box, and push yourself towards change; the more your brain is dominated by what you already know, making it harder and harder for new ideas, and thoughts to form. So just like your body needs exercise to prevent atrophy; so does your brain.

According to my own person belief system (which I keep as open as possible), we are all divine beings (conscious humans), who are all part of a greater body of knowledge (collective unconscious). In essence we are not born, and we do not die. At birth we seperate from the all-knowing collective unconsiousness into our own conscious human forms, returning at death. From a quantum perspective, we can be aware of and acknowledge the collective unconscious, but are limited by our physical form to truly feel, become, and understand it. This theory is fairly easy to understand at a superficial level. For now I won't go too far down the rabbit hole; however I do certainly encourage all of you to do so.

Everyone and everything in this universe is connected via the collective unconscious-yes even good 'ol E mother fuckin T (wherever he may be) is part of us too. It is a well known fact that psychedelics put humans in a vulnerable and gullible state, but perhaps they also allow us to feel or observe what we really are part of.

slowmo
12-12-2007, 04:26 PM
For some reason I cannot edit my previous posts anymore :(

Wish I could get rid of some of the grammatical and spelling errors but; I guess nobody is perfect eh? Hopefully my writing was articulate enough for ya'll to get tha jist.

iAMtheMA!
12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
since it was mentioned ... "E-motherfuckin'-T's" written out is "EXTRA MOTHER FUCKING TERRESTRIALS" which could explain a population boom of people who want only to control, restrict, order, waste, kill, and destroy the arts... take that to your planet, country, state, town, street, house, bedroom, and then ESPECIALLY ...your own mind (controlling the right-hemisphere/intuition).

mr show was huge on this ...actors verse senators, etc. "...this episode of mrshow brought to you by the u.s. gov't - helping the arts by serverely limiting them" (or soemthing)...

"The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable." - faaip de oiad

i think a lot of this reality stems from the western view of the tri-omni god ...citing all-good, rather than sticking to the obvious objectivity (foregoing a costly polarity) - all-knowing/omniscient - without judgment (as defined within merkaba, et al).

know the negative, know the positive
the past and future ...

orrrrrrr... know nothing and submit to "whatever may come"
don't know the negative/positive, good/bad, etc...
don't know the past, won't know the future ...remain. still. here. now.

Inner_Eulogy
12-13-2007, 11:26 AM
since it was mentioned ... "E-motherfuckin'-T's" written out is "EXTRA MOTHER FUCKING TERRESTRIALS" which could explain a population boom of people who want only to control, restrict, order, waste, kill, and destroy the arts... take that to your planet, country, state, town, street, house, bedroom, and then ESPECIALLY ...your own mind (controlling the right-hemisphere/intuition).

mr show was huge on this ...actors verse senators, etc. "...this episode of mrshow brought to you by the u.s. gov't - helping the arts by serverely limiting them" (or soemthing)...

"The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable." - faaip de oiad

i think a lot of this reality stems from the western view of the tri-omni god ...citing all-good, rather than sticking to the obvious objectivity (foregoing a costly polarity) - all-knowing/omniscient - without judgment (as defined within merkaba, et al).

know the negative, know the positive
the past and future ...

orrrrrrr... know nothing and submit to "whatever may come"
don't know the negative/positive, good/bad, etc...
don't know the past, won't know the future ...remain. still. here. now.

Um, were you high when you wrote this? lol Maybe it's just me but, not a damn thing made any cognitive sense

dj_philharmonic
12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
geez you guys, who gives a rats ass how you spell "Undeniably" the fact is try to say something pos/neg but support your evidence before you go mocking somone else.
try to be intelligent, concise..
ET, intelligent life,
personally i think it's aqbout being violated as i watched the video it reminds me of Movie "Fire in the sky."

Oh yeah the subject...Rosetta Stoned and what iit means to you?
here's some light reading.... but somewhat informative
The Finding of the Rosetta Stone
The Rosetta Stone
For 1400 years, no one knew how to read Egyptian hieroglyphs. Virtually all understanding of this mysterious script had been lost since the 4th century AD. The breakthrough to the decipherment of hieroglyphs came in 1799, a year after Napoleon's armies successfully captured the Egyptian Nile Delta. A French soldier, while working at a fort on the Rosetta branch of the Nile River, found a black basalt stone slab carved with inscriptions that would change the course of Egyptology.
The Rosetta Stone (now in the British Museum) was carved with an inscription in three different scripts: Egyptian hieroglyphs at the top, demotic script (a late cursive form of hieroglyphs) in the middle, and Greek at the bottom. The translation of the Greek passage revealed that the inscription was a royal edict issued on March 27, 196 BC. The decree recorded the benefits conferred on Egypt by the 13-year-old pharaoh Ptolemy V Epiphanes at the time of his coronation. The Greek inscription was a translation of the upper two Egyptian passages and thus provided the key to deciphering ancient hieroglyphs. Copies of the Rosetta Stone inscription were sent to linguistic experts in Europe. The final breakthrough was made by the Frenchman Jean-François Champollion (shown nearby) who published his results in 1822.

Your Mama?, lol yeeeeagh right
this is gettin' more like the Tool Bitch Line :>))

slowmo
12-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I think this thread can use a few related search topics: Quantum Entanglement; Quantum Super Position; Quantum Superstring Theory. Tool seems to be somewhat elusively hinting at the whole Mayan prophecy; another very good topic to search topic. Some people believe the Mayans disappeared because they learned to vibrate their own Superstring frequency at a higher level, thus moving them into another dimension and explaining their sudden disappearance.

iAMtheMA!
12-26-2007, 07:36 AM
makes sense to me.

:starts tibetan chant:

Master_Of_Nothing
12-26-2007, 05:35 PM
:joins tibetan chant:

POOF!

lol

I heard about that frequency teleportation shit, it sounds awesome.

*~*»¤«(Đispositioñ)»¤«*~*
12-26-2007, 06:26 PM
It sure does...

Master_Of_Nothing
12-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Realistically, i have more chance of becoming president of Atlantis than of learning how to teleport myself through dimensions.

Wheres your sig from? I think i'm familiar with it, but can't quite place it

Corksil
12-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Sorry just have to interupt here and say a few things.

Just because iAMtheMA! is talking about stuff you guys have never even heard of doesn't mean s/he's wrong.

All of his/her statements hold strong. They all stand up. If only the haters knew enough to see for themselves...

*joins chant*

Carny_Handles
02-14-2008, 08:12 PM

they're one of the same. ;)

Master_Of_Nothing
02-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Man your avatar looks twisted lol. are you a binvestite?

ufopancakes
02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I think this thread can use a few related search topics: Quantum Entanglement; Quantum Super Position; Quantum Superstring Theory. Tool seems to be somewhat elusively hinting at the whole Mayan prophecy; another very good topic to search topic. Some people believe the Mayans disappeared because they learned to vibrate their own Superstring frequency at a higher level, thus moving them into another dimension and explaining their sudden disappearance.

I recommend you read 2012: the Return of Quetzalcoatl. It takes the philosophy of what you said, and analyzes it from many different angles and perspectives, and arrives at one universal, surprisingly optimistic conclusion.

Zosimos
03-05-2008, 02:38 PM
dead head chemistry, this blotters gotten right on top of me....

will i ever becoming down??

Inner_Eulogy
03-06-2008, 10:39 AM
dead head chemistry, this blotters gotten right on top of me....

will i ever becoming down??

Thank you so much for your ever enlightening waste of a post......Don't You SEE Your_Noose, how can you not just fucking see something like this and shake your head in disbelief and disgust. There's so many people on here with the intellect of a goddamn 4yr old. Shit, my 4yr old can put together sentences better than some of these people....

Inner_Eulogy
03-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Some people are prosish, and some are poemish, that's all.

Sorry, but I speaka english

Master_Of_Nothing
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I can translate idiotic fairly well, leef is saying that some people do it on purpose, and some can't put together a better sentence to save their lives.

When you hang around my school, you learn idiotic fairly well lol

Inner_Eulogy
03-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I can translate idiotic fairly well, leef is saying that some people do it on purpose, and some can't put together a better sentence to save their lives.

When you hang around my school, you learn idiotic fairly well lol

No thanks, I deal with that at work enough on a daily basis

Master_Of_Nothing
03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I hear you can translate retarded too, is that from TDN or work? lol

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-10-2008, 07:20 AM
You all know of Joseph Smith creator of Mormonism right? Rosetta Stoned it a modern day version of that experience Joseph had.

The story goes:
That story begins around 1820 when the adolescent Smith retired to a grove near his family's farm in Palmyra, New York and knelt in prayer. Troubled over his own deeply aroused religious yearnings and uncertain where to turn for sustenance, he felt compelled to petition God's mercy. "The Lord heard my cry in the wilderness", he wrote in his dairy several years later, "and while in the attitude of calling upon the Lord a pillar of light above the brightness of the sun at noonday came down from above and rested upon me and I was filled with the spirit of God and the Lord opened the heavens upon me and I saw the Lord."3 When he came to himself again, he was lying on his back, totally drained of strength, looking up at heaven. This was the new Prophet's first vision.

The young man apparently told several persons about his experience but, outside his own closely knit family, the account was met with general derision. Then in 1823 there came a second manifestation. On the night of September 21, while engaged again in prayer, a light suddenly began filling his room. Within the light there appeared an angelic being. "His whole person was glorious beyond description, and his countenance truly like lightening."

The angel--named Moroni--explained there was a book deposited in a nearby hill, a record written upon gold plates by the ancient inhabitants of the American continent. Joseph was instructed that in due time he would be allowed to obtain the record and commence its translation. No sooner had the messenger departed and the vision ceased, than it began again. Three times the messenger came, each time repeating exactly the same message. As the cock crowed dawn, the final apparition ended. His experience had occupied the entire night.
That day Joseph visited the hill. Straightway he found the location shown him in the vision, and there unearthed a stone box containing the plates. The angel Moroni again appeared, however, warning he could not yet remove the plates from their resting place. Instead, he would need return to the spot on this same appointed day each year for four years. Only on the fourth visit would he be allowed to remove the treasure and begin the work of translation. Smith did as instructed and four years later, on September 22, 1827, the angel delivered the record to his charge.

Soon after obtaining the records, Joseph began his translation. The record was engraved upon the plates in "reformed Egyptian", a language Smith read by gazing into the "Urim and Thummim", the biblical "seers" delivered to him with the plates. Called the Book of Mormon after its last ancient redactor and scribe, the record purportedly contained an abridged history of America's ancient inhabitants--descendants of a Jewish clan who fled Jerusalem shortly before destruction of the first Temple. Led by their prophetic patriarch, the wandering Israelites had built a boat, launched themselves into the ocean, and eventually been washed ashore somewhere in the Americas. After arrival in the new land, their descendants multiplied greatly, but were plagued by perpetual fratricidal divisions: a few of the people remained loyal to God, the prophets and their heritage as descendants of Israel, while many more became unbelieving pagans.

In the early 1980's an obscure book dealer in Salt Lake City named Mark Hofmann began unearthing a series of previously unknown documents relating to the early history of Mormonism. Most troublesome among these was a letter purportedly written in 1830 by one of Joseph's first disciples. Brimming with references to treasures and enchantments, the letter related how Joseph Smith actually obtained the Book of Mormon not from an angel, but from a magical white salamander which transfigured itself into a spirit. When disclosed publicly in 1985, the "Salamander letter"--as it became known--received prominent discussion in the national media, and stimulated intense new activity in circles studying early Mormonism.

Unsettled by the damaging publicity brought by the letter, Mormon church authorities began negotiating with Hofmann to purchase and sequester other "newly discovered" materials, particularly any that might impugn orthodox versions of their history. These secret and highly irregular dealings tragically unraveled after a Mormon historian involved with the documents was the victim of a brutal bomb murder. Complex forensic investigations revolving around the murder eventually revealed the "Salamander letter" and several companion documents to be bogus--the pathologically intuitive creations of Hofmann, a master forger turned killer.

By then, however, several historians already had undertaken detailed reevaluations of Smith, focusing careful attention towards any overlooked associations he might have had with things magical. Ironically, investigators soon brought to the surface a wealth of unquestionably genuine historical evidence--much of it long available but either misunderstood, suppressed, or ignored--substantiating that Smith and his early followers had multiple involvements with magic, irregular Freemasonry, and traditions generally termed occult. - http://www.webcom.com/gnosis/ahp.htm
So Blame Hoffman! Joseph Smith lost the books once rewrote them from memory!

As Tool puts it:
“Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.Such a heavy burden now to be the OneBorn to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,To write it down for all the world to see.But I forgot my pen.” Rosetta Stoned

“You don't know me--you never will. You never knew my heart. No man knows my history. I cannot tell it; I shall never undertake it. I don't blame anyone for not believing my history. If I had not experienced what I have, I could not have believed it myself.”
--Joseph Smith, April 7, 1844.

What is am trying to get across is prophets come and go and we never know who they are. All prophets fit into this description. They see a vision and have to communicate it to the rest of us as best as they can. And we are supposed to believe them right! How likely is that the next major prophet would be some drug induced hippy!

Inner_Eulogy
03-10-2008, 10:09 AM
haha....that's a good one

Master_Of_Nothing
03-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Almost fits.... where does the shitting the bed come in? lol

Rolo
03-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Almost fits.... where does the shitting the bed come in? lol

Stoma problems?

Inner_Eulogy
03-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Stoma problems?

Stoma?

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Shit the bed...

In 1844 a major schism occurred among the Mormons of Nauvoo which resulted directly from Joseph's proposals of marriage to the wives of several leaders of the church. The husbands who felt wronged by their prophet challenged Joseph's leadership of the church, bought a printing press, and issued a dissident Mormon newspaper with editorials attacking Joseph's policies.

Joseph ordered his followers to destroy the printing press of his opponents. After the press was wrecked, the governor of Illinois charged Joseph with violating the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, and ordered his arrest. The state militia marched to Nauvoo and took Joseph into custody.

The governor did not send the militia because, he expected mass resistance by the Mormons to Joseph's own protection. The governor feared that, if peace officers tried to conduct Joseph to jail, gentile mobs would overwhelm the lawmen in order to lynch Joseph.

The militia conducted Joseph to the jail in Carthage, Illinois, and locked him up with other loyal Mormon leaders in a cell on the second floor. The militia was stationed outside the jail to guard it.

On the second day of Joseph's imprisonment, other militiamen who had been dismissed by the governor, marched into Carthage. Their faces were painted to conceal their identities. They were obviously about to commit some mayhem.

When the disguised militiamen approached the jail, the guards on duty did nothing to impede their progress. As they mounted the steps of the jail, the vigilantes fired several shots. Joseph, who had a six-shooter, opened fire on the first vigilantes to reach the second floor. He wounded several of the attackers: then his pistol was emptied.

As the vigilantes came on unopposed, Joseph ran for a window. As he straddled the window sill he was shot from behind by vigilantes inside the jail. At the same time, he was shot by their comrades on the ground below. Calling out, "Oh, my God!" Joseph fell to the ground. He was still alive when he hit the earth. Vigilantes standing over him put several more shots into him, ending his life at age thirty-eight.

When his body was brought home to Nauvoo, Emma flung herself across it and moaned, "Oh Joseph, Joseph, they have killed you at last."

http://www.irr.org/mit/jspage.html

http://www.lds-mormon.com/jsmith.shtml

by the way, 38 add up to 11!

Rolo
03-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Stoma?

Stoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoma_%28medicine%29)

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Smith’s declaration of his 1st spiritual enlightenment (as well as most prophets) includes visions of angels and pillars of light. Back then we didn’t think about UFOs. Angels have now been replaced with Aliens (still higher beings). The hippy in the song is experiencing the same phenomenon any prophet has experienced but in a modern day setting. He shits the bed because he forgets what they told him, he fucked it up.

Inner_Eulogy
03-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Smith’s declaration of his 1st spiritual enlightenment (as well as most prophets) includes visions of angels and pillars of light. Back then we didn’t think about UFOs. Angels have now been replaced with Aliens (still higher beings). The hippy in the song is experiencing the same phenomenon any prophet has experienced but in a modern day setting. He shits the bed because he forgets what they told him, he fucked it up.

um, maybe. But I do agree that it's possible that when humans were much less of a warmingering species thousands of years ago that aliens perhaps did visit and of course early man thought of them as gods and angels in their "fiery chariots".

Rolo
03-12-2008, 12:41 AM
This seems like another example of over-analyzing Tool lyrics.

Well that's what is going on alot around here.

Funny that you mention Fantomas, because i think their style is more a form of controlled chaos involving screams and voicelike experimenting instead of telling a funny story like you state about RS.

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-12-2008, 05:59 AM
i agree that we over analyze everything too much. but thats what we do as humans. no one can say that they listen to music and dont try to come up with some image in thier mind about it. RS is a very visual tapestry and and invokes images. I came up with teh morman thing because at teh time i was reading a book about it ot fit. i could have been reading about mohmad, jesus or some crazy dude who discovered a crop circle and same thing, it would have fit.

you may interpret my analysis any way you liek as well....ad infinitum until ad absurdum!

Winston
03-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Jung felt that, for those who were acquainted with the history of symbols of totality, the UFOs could easily be conceived as "Gods". He called them 'impressive manifestations of totality' and saw in their 'simple, round form' an archetypal image of the self.

Winston
03-13-2008, 02:16 AM
way back when (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,825434,00.html)

RiseToYourHalo
03-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Damn good. I'm not sure about the 10,000 days relation to karate. I do thoroughly know what you were speaking of though. I'm a martial arts nut myself. I think the connection is related more to RS than to the album as a whole. Aside from that I totally agree. I've been screamin' the song was making a mokery of dead heads since day one while all of them them were sitting there sayin' "Man, I was trippin to this song and..." or "man I can't wait to trip balls and listen to this". It's quite funny actually that they unknowingly embrace a song that is calling them fucking fools for going about it the way they are,

The 10,000 days relation to karate is based on one of the 11 mottos of Mas Oyama (#6).

www.fightingmaster.com/articles/oyamamottos/oyama.htm

Here’s another link with kick-ass (literally!) quotes from Mas Oyama. I recognize many concepts and lyrics in 10,000 Days in his philosophy, especially relating to the ‘movement’ and non-movement of Judith. ("Subjecting yourself to vigourous training is more for the sake of forging a resolute spirit that can vanquish the self than it is for developing a strong body.")

http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/thoughts.htm

A quote from a recent Spin interview:

"Get out of the nest, for fuck's sake!" Keenan says, laughing, over a dinner of sliders and salad at the Recovery Room, the only local restaurant that pours his three Caduceus blends. It's not that he's ungrateful for what Tool's success has brought him, but he's tired of being the poet laureate of the arrested-development set. If the music has been so inspirational to his fans, he says, then "what the fuck have you done with it that you need me to keep doing it?"

What the fuck have you DONE?

Don’t be apathetic and practice what you preach is obviously an overall theme in Tool’s lyrics. I see this practice more as an inner practice, not specifically a physical one.

Mindfulness + purity of intent = Right Action

RiseToYourHalo
03-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't think Maynard is looking for the title of poet laureate for the arrested development set...That is got to be a mis-leading term used for a real tool fan, and the zine who published this article is subject for scrutiny..Sure others will need a big push to further their concsiousness, but if it relies solely on a Tool lyric, and nothing more, then that is a sad fate....
I wish people better than this.....

Mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
Mekka lekka hi mekka chahney ho!
Mol mekka chala mekka hola hayla hey!

Master_Of_Nothing
03-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Join the tibetan chant page then, can't remember what thread it is lol.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Put away the dagger, you useless knob, how are you? where have you been?

Ginaz, i'm a reasonably intelligent 17 year old guy here, and my sentences generally make sense. Please try and step up to the mark and make your posts a bit clearer so i can devote more time to (over)analyzing songs instead of posts?

Inner_Eulogy
03-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I've been called worse.....

Perhaps if you didn't go around acting like you were the fucking Dalai Lama people would listen to your opinion. You string together a few words to make yourself sound smart but you never say a damn thing of substance. It's a bunch of stupid shit. Hell, I might even like to hear your opinions on some things if you weren't such a fucking idiot.

Inner_Eulogy
03-18-2008, 10:28 AM
THis is good music right here.

As 3rd grade as a comment that is, it's the most substance I've seen from you yet, keep up the good work.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Who do you think you are? Mahtma Ghandi? MLK?
Because you say simplistic sentences that some might equate to you being a 'wise sage'
doesn't mean you can post nothing of substance in response to nothing. I'll take quality over quantity, but one word sentences won't cut it much here.

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-19-2008, 05:47 AM
and back ot the meaning of the song! It means nothing really. its like that verse in a Edie Brikell & The New Bohemians song 'What I Am':

I'm not aware of too many things,
but I know what I know if you know what I mean.
Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box.
Religion is the smile on a dog.
Choke me in the shallow water before I get too deep.
What I am is what I am.
Are you what you are - or what?
Philosophy is a walk on the slippery rocks.
Religion is a light in the fog.
What I am is what I am.

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-19-2008, 08:41 AM
The song definately means something to me. i was being the devils advocate! i have felt the same way several times in my life as the character in the song does. Every song has a meaning to everyone! no escaping that...

Inner_Eulogy
03-19-2008, 09:22 AM
and back ot the meaning of the song! It means nothing really. its like that verse in a Edie Brikell & The New Bohemians song 'What I Am':

Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box.
Religion is the smile on a dog.
What I am is what I am.
Philosophy is a walk on the slippery rocks.
Religion is a light in the fog.
What I am is what I am.

I always did like that song, it's a catchy tune

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Ginaz left us huh? reading this thread makes no sense on some parts without the comments that are missing!

Inner_Eulogy
03-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Ginaz left us huh? reading this thread makes no sense on some parts without the comments that are missing!

It's almost like she never existed, normally it would just list someone as being banned. There's been a lot of fucked up wierd shit going on with TDN these last few months. The mod(s) are abusing power and started a mass banning, then suddenly these complete morons show up out of the blue posting complete nonsense and then next thing you know they just disappear as if they were never there. I don't fucking get it.

Rolo
03-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Yup. Seems like they started an early spring cleaning. Not only the nutcases but also highlevel posters (like Iota) are banned/probed.

Inner_Eulogy
03-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Yup. Seems like they started an early spring cleaning. Not only the nutcases but also highlevel posters (like Iota) are banned/probed.

Sounds like one of those kids that got picked on a lot in highschool and then become cops just to abuse the badge and priviledges it comes with.

Bridger the Mountain Man
03-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Sounds like one of those kids that got picked on a lot in highschool and then become cops just to abuse the badge and priviledges it comes with.

Ha! love it...

Rolo
03-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Off topic obviously but I am glad the mod's are active here. This is a Tool fan forum....so people that come in ripping Tool every five seconds or that simply have no clue how to have an intelligent, cohesive and coherent conversation should be kicked out and the door slammed shut behind them. I have read so many threads here where people get personal and kirk out over the most absurd nonsense and blatantly disrespect each other. More power to the mods. Keep the bullshit to a minimum.

Don't get me wrong, Archaic. But just by thinking this Tool fan forum is filled with toolfans is a bit naive...

There are alot of members around here that have "outgrown" listening to Tool. Some even hate Tool. They stick around here just because of the social aspect that they build up around here. And, as long as rules are respected, none of them will be banned for posting absurd nonsence. Maybe when you gain access to "interact" you can see what i'm talking about.

Rolo
03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't understand it either. I was just informing you that there are those who just when "beyond" Tool (where ever that may be).

Rolo
03-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It is funny you brought up the interact section because I was thinking the other day that I thought there used to be an interact section. I just assumed it was taken down. Didn't realize they just have it accessed controlled now by post count I assume ?

Nope, you'll see it after you're a member for three months.

Rolo
03-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I find the notion of "outgrowing" Tool rather absurd.

They (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2353736&postcount=20)

don't (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2353727&postcount=16)

Tool_Is_Sick
03-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah..I dont understand this at all. If you dont like Tool anymore...Why are users on this website constantly posting? Awww why because you made some friends? How fuckin cute...

Im sure Im just dumb and naive and I dont know what Im talking about because Im a big fan of the reason why I am here and that is a band called Tool. Sorry We dont like whatever MOPE likes or all of those other guys that have been members since 02', 03' that lurk in Interact...

Go to your favorite bands website and chat. Leave people who still LIKE/LOVE Tool...Alone.

AM I ON THE AIR????

K4E2V0
03-23-2008, 05:08 AM
after listening to RS 2 or 3 hundred times since the cd came out,and after seeing it performed live twice,my conclusion is that maybe it has no specific meaning,sounds like a description of a dream possibly.thank god this is a forum for OPINIONS,im thinking maybe the sond was done as a jam session like triad and the lyrics were added as a post thought

Rolo
03-23-2008, 06:42 AM
AM I ON THE AIR????

Yes, you are heard, understood and supported!

Inner_Eulogy
03-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Off topic obviously but I am glad the mod's are active here. This is a Tool fan forum....so people that come in ripping Tool every five seconds or that simply have no clue how to have an intelligent, cohesive and coherent conversation should be kicked out and the door slammed shut behind them. I have read so many threads here where people get personal and kirk out over the most absurd nonsense and blatantly disrespect each other. More power to the mods. Keep the bullshit to a minimum.

kirk out?

Inner_Eulogy
03-24-2008, 09:28 AM
I find the notion of "outgrowing" Tool rather absurd. I have been a fan since Opiate my friend and the only thing that has grown over those 16 years is my appreciation for the consistent quality of the music Tool create. That outgrowing thing just baffles me. It would be like you saying....hey buddie...when you "outgrow" Mozart...you will understand. I am certainly not comparing Tool to Mozart but simply using that as an example given the quality of the music. Or if that example doesn't tickle your fancy that would be like me saying when you "outgrow" Meshuggah....yeah ok when I find another band that plays in ridiculously complicated time signatures and has a fundementally perfect understanding of syncopation....*insert sarcasm here.... I guess I will outgrow them too. Our I suppose when someone turns me on to some obscure underground trumpet player I guess I will just toss all my Miles Davis CD's in the trash too if I am to work off of that kind of logic.

I didn't come here to gain access to the interact section. I don't care to interact about much of anything else here...in this place...toolshed.down.net... other than discussing Tool's music. Don't take that as me saying it is all I listen to because quite frankly that couldn't be farther from the truth. But why come to a tool message board if you have "outgrown" Tool ?? That one just doesn't quite compute.

Damn, you just got served....ha

Rolo
03-24-2008, 12:22 PM
For example; I don't like (read hate) Justin Timberlake's music so you won't see me on one of his fan-forums.

Don't like it? Don't go there!

For the rest i think musical interest is strictly personal. Just live and let live!

Inner_Eulogy
03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Okay that entire whacking off example wasn't necessary and did nothing to further your point. As for the rest of your post I can certainly respect that any given individual may grow to dislike a band over time. That is natural. Over time I have lost interest in many a band. But.... and this is by far the only pertinent point in this discussion....why come to a band fan website if you no longer like the band ??? Okay so I understand there is an interact section and some long time members who maybe use this place as a space to hang out. Hey thats cool. Enjoy. But I have no problem with the mods keeping the down right cruel, rude, and disrespectful nonsense out of the albums & live forums. Because unlike Interact these sections are here to serve one purpose. That purpose is creating a space for fans of Tool to interact and discuss the music. It seems rather simple.

This is the last comment I will make on this particular matter as it is getting off topic and I have no interest in creating any more clutter than is already present.

Bah hum bug

josh power
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Man, things around here get a little tense.

As for the subject at hand, Rosetta Stoned, when taken at face value, describes a DMT trip. It's also one of the /funnest/ songs that Tool has put out thus far. It seems so much less serious, and mind-blowing. It's still a deep song, but it puts forward a lighter feel than the others, and I love it.

slowmo
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
I really wish I could edit my posts. The grammar is definitely not my best..

Ah well.

None of you know who I am.. Or do you?

fearandloathing
04-14-2010, 04:55 AM
santa?