PDA

View Full Version : thanks

cellardooro
08-14-2003, 08:37 AM
just wanted to send out a heartfelt thank you to everyone that visited and commented on the site. it's a great feeling knowing that there are people out there that listen and care. we are in the process of getting our new guitar player up to speed on the music and will then be ready to get out and play again. if you want us to come to your town, or know of a festival/opening spot/party in your area, email us at [email protected]
and we will do our best to make it there. again, thank you. and remember, the terrible shallow music that's being spoon fed through mtv is just more fuel for us (and by us, i mean those with clear minds) to burn off of, and create what we truly love.

karlo

bonzovt
08-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Yes...I second everything Karlo said. Tool is a huge influence on us and we hope that Tool fans can appreciate the kind of music that we are trying to create. To see that people who don't know us and can listen to a couple MP3s on our website and still be impressed is very motivating. We have every intention of taking this as far as we can, so any support we get is much appreciated. That being said, I finally got the rest of the demo MP3s up. You can get them at www.outoforbit.org ... just keep in mind that Spiritual Residue is a big file (12 min long). Enjoy and let us know what you think!

elevate
08-14-2003, 01:37 PM
I listened to Synapse and Spiritual Residue, so bear that in mind. I think you've got some really good ideas, but I think you need to let them gel more. Sometimes parts seem too disparate, which at times I think is due to either non-effective dynamics or timing issues - like suddenly increasing the tempo when going from a quieter part to a high energy part. Also, do all your songs begin with some sort of noisy intro that builds into the actual song? While this is a nice tactic, you shouldn't overplay it and you should, IMO, more thoughtfully plan these build-ups out. Finally...your vocalist. In both songs it was something of a shocker when the vocals came in. The vocals seem to not be mixed very well with the music - they stand way on top of the mix and they seem to have a cheap sounding plate reverb that does nothing but accentuate the mix problems. He also sounds like he's moving around while recording the vocals, which he shouldn't be doing. It sounds like he's off key in some places, but I think that can be fixed, or at least helped, by more practice, better mixing, and better effects. Your site says you've been a band for 10 months, and unfortunately, it sounds like it. The upside is that you've only been a band for 10 months and you've got some good ideas. Keep practicing and try to make your songs more solid by working on song structure.

Did you guys record this yourselves?

bonzovt
08-15-2003, 05:10 AM
To clarify, the recording was done at the third show we ever played, so the sound quality is definintely not the best. It is a live demo, so yes we were all jumping around and such as we played. The recording was inexpensive as well, with little mixing, so it is by no means supposed to be a "quality" recording. At this point though, it is the only really good recordings we have of our songs. Once we can work out some studio quality recording sessions we will take advantage of that, but as of now we are more worried about writing new material and tightening up our set. Definintely give the songs some time though, as it even took myself a few listens to really appreciate what was going on.