PDA

View Full Version : Favorite moment on the album

debaser
08-12-2003, 10:41 PM
The climax of the Grudge, the last minute of Parablola, guitar work sounds awesome

beastenick
03-21-2004, 01:46 AM
it keeps changing for me! the album is just a collage of unbelieveable moments that amaze and inspire. but for me right now its the last couple minutes of the patient, brings tears to my eyes the brutal honesty and passion behind the music. also in schism the soft guitar part and cold silence.....

Windir
03-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Beginning of Reflection!

Blue10
03-21-2004, 06:32 PM
the mellower breaks in schism and lateralus

africanherbsman
03-21-2004, 10:00 PM
For me it's the last 20 seconds on Lateralus, where Danny is pounding the shit out of his crash cymbol

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-25-2004, 07:14 PM
For me... it's the end of the grudge where they fucking take off and just start going all out(the last minute?)... DEFINITELY the last 5 seconds of parabol to the first 5 seconds of Parabola(try listening to that shit with headphones while ur going to sleep, but you have to listen to the whole parabol, my heart goes crazy and i feel like I'm about to die), the part in t/l's when it mellows, the part where they go back to distortion is the part i'm getting at... uhhh, oh yeah I remember

ITS THE WHOLE ALBUM

Chaos Theory
03-25-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking the opening to The Grudge, The main riff of Lateralus, and from about 2:55-4:25 in Triad. But it shifts constantly, the entire album is one big series of awesome moments like beastenick said.

layersbeyondimagination
03-30-2004, 07:26 PM
well it always changes cuz when you listen to lateralus every friggen waking moment, you get see different thigns all the time.. my favorites...

1. towards end of grudge.. when mjk is screaming for 20 seconds and after
2. the patient - shift from the guitar picking to the strong chords
3. schism - BETWEEN SUPPOSED LOVERS/BROTHERS ... i go crazy when i hear that
4. parabol-parabola transition. when you hear them together, parabola just seems so much faster and i think thats the contrast they were lookign for. parabola just becomes a rush and when you got a woofer and play it loud. its awesome
5. ticks and leeches - after the minute and a half of the real soft intermission in the middle of the song, the sudden change back to loud and crazy yet organized and beautiful :-)
6. lateralus - spiral out, keep going.......
7. reflection - lyrics portion
8. triad - 3 mins and thereafter

VashTheStampede
04-07-2004, 06:05 PM
i would have to say The Patient, about 2:20 into the song, gives me goose bumps every time i hear that part...it just has so much power

Echoghost
04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
That beginning sound of The Grudge, because it's just ... elite?

naked_but_oblivious
04-26-2004, 02:45 PM
on lateralus where he says "come and embrace my....desire to...." until the end of the song

Orph8998
05-10-2004, 07:03 PM
teh singing and lyrics of reflection, all of lateralus and the intro to tick & leaches, the drumign is great and the guitar may be simple, but its cool, has a grose kind of crawling soudn to it...then the drums pick up even more and we here a never before heard voice of maynard.

jarred
05-10-2004, 07:25 PM
i love the bridge in lateralus where that guitar and drums are different time signatures... and then they come together.....

jarred
05-10-2004, 07:27 PM
also the bass intro in dispostion and when the guitar harmonics come in over the top.

Chaos Theory
05-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Add onto my list the shift from silence at the end of Triad to the startup sound of FDO.

saut
05-12-2004, 10:16 AM
The climax of Lateralus:

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

munted_soul
05-13-2004, 02:05 AM
I'm in exact agreement with Saut.

TheInsideSource
05-29-2004, 02:24 AM
I can't decide...The whole album is just an amazing musical experience, so I couldn't possibly pick out one moment that stands out.

Et in Arcadia Ego
05-29-2004, 09:11 PM
There are two opinions here that stand out to me...
schism - BETWEEN SUPPOSED LOVERS/BROTHERS ... i go crazy when i hear that
The climax of Lateralus[...]
Both parts are probably some of the best moments on the album... But to me there can be no stand out parts that really stand apart from the rest... It's impossible... I could start mentioning one, then go on to another, then think of another to include and I would just never stop...

NoD
05-31-2004, 08:56 PM
This is a hard ass question, but I'd probably say the climax to the patient...now that's some powerful music.

EonBlue-Simon
06-17-2004, 10:07 AM
My favourite moment is the whole guitar part in Eon BLue Apocalypse, and then how it goes over in patient. I also really like the last part of Triad.

Isac Khrondor
06-17-2004, 12:15 PM
I know exactly what my favourite bits are.

The Grudge : When Adam kicks in with that ac/dc stlye riff and danny just goes solid (yet wierd timing) on the drums.

The Patient : When Maynard double tracks the vocals and adams guitar is just really loud with that beautiful guitar picking.

Schism : The guitar solo, when that windy echo effect comes in.

Parabol : The bit that goes into Parabola.

Parabola : At the end when it's just Adam doing his thing.

Ticks and Leeches : The quiet break, and the bit when adam does that evil tune and maynard sings "my blood is bruised and borrowed"

Lateralus : Holy shit, the whole song, but mainly when everything stops and it's just Adam, and then it all comes in solid and heavy as fuck "with my feet upon the ground" - that bit.

Disposition : When adam does the little solo

Reflection : When it all stops and it's just danny and maynard, and right at the end when Maynard sings "Before I Pine away" for the last time.

Triad : The guitar solo thing.

Fraip de oiiad : When it ends with that guy cutting out.

g-bay-be
06-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I have a few parts.

When Parabol transitions to Parabola

In The Grudge when the last time he says "Saturn Ascends, The One The Ten"

In Lateralus," With my feet upon the ground"

In Lateralus," I'm reaching for the random or whatever ever will bewilder me"

In Reflection<' And as I pull my head out, I am without one doubt, dont wanna be down there, feeding my narcisim. I must crucify the ego..."

Circe
06-18-2004, 09:32 AM
My favorite is the end of lateralus and the same part of reflection that g-bay-be said. Also, the transition from parabol to parabola, and lets see, yeah, the rest of the album...