PDA

View Full Version : Thela Hun Ginjeet anyone?

Arson
09-15-2007, 07:54 PM
So, does this song remind anyone of the King Crimson song "Thela Hun Ginjeet" off of their Discipline album? Maybe its just me but I see some similarities between the spoken word parts in Thela and the psycho-babble in RS. I also noticed A LOT of similarities in the drumming, and it almost sounds like Danny has sampled the same sounds KC's drummer used at the time. I also feel like the guitar and bass parts relate to each other in similar fashions. Tool listing King Crimson as a big source, I was wondering if anyone else had thought of this song as a type of sonic/conceptual inspiration.

Carny_Handles
09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
ether? im not familar with that term used in that context.. what does it mean?

google didnt help, i foudn a bunch of site talking about the drug.

shifty50fs
09-25-2007, 07:01 PM
ether? im not familar with that term used in that context.. what does it mean?

google didnt help, i foudn a bunch of site talking about the drug.

Might find what you're looking for if you spell it aether.

At any rate its the medium through which the universe was postulated to move by early philosophers/scientists.

As far as this thread is concerned, I don't see too much of a connection with the spoken word sections, other than the anxiety in both voices. Musically, there are certainly parallels with Thela Hun Ginjeet, and just about any other song on discipline...there's so much tension between the instrumental parts, and yet they fit together so well.