PDA

View Full Version : Best Song

ProfoundHaytred
12-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Whats your favorite song on this album??? im going with eulogy/h./third eye/pushit, becuase between those songs there is no better.

idiotic
12-03-2002, 10:58 AM
third eye is one of my 3 favorite songs ever, so i guess i'd have to go with it.

for anyone who MIGHT care, the other two are Lateralus (by tool, obviously) and Run Like An Antelope by Phish.

Penguin
12-03-2002, 04:38 PM
Third Eye!!!!!!!!! It's amazing! =)

Vincent
12-03-2002, 04:56 PM
Third Eye, by a longshot. I get goosebumps still every time I hear it. I can't wait to experience it live.

Caveman
12-03-2002, 06:38 PM
For the question of the best of the best; Obviously very hard choice, but I have been fortunate to see the LIVE PERFORMANCE of PUSHIT (something a litttle different style) on two seperate occasions. Including the show I believe they recorded for that track Red Rock ampitheatre Colorado 98. And again a few years later in Seattle. OK OK I know it isn't REALLY on Aenima, but it is THE song. Having two incredible versions of such a good song, oh the JOY!!

In 98, I vividly remeber calling my partner in Tool, who flew out for the show from Seattle, saying to him........ "I can still hear Maynard's voice" 'there is no other way......................"
The progression of this song, when done in the "meet you on the other side version, is enough to make me lose it. It ranks up there with the best of them ie. Flood, 4degrees, H. So you may have guessed I pick PUSHIT.

Caveman
12-03-2002, 06:45 PM
I just couldn't possibly leave without agreeing to the thought of how amazing Third Eye Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gotten to see it live, 2 out of 7 shows. I feel very fortunate for that!

The first time I saw it live, I said to Floyd "that is the most beautiful noise I've ever heard."

StinkfistJEff
12-03-2002, 06:56 PM
A amazing song, probably the most beautiful minute of music ever takes place during the bridge. This song perfectly sets the tone for the album, and I would not want it any other way.

hateandvaseline
12-04-2002, 06:39 AM
Stinkfist, Eulogy, H, Forty-Six & 2, and jimmy are all of my favorites...

ProfoundHaytred
12-04-2002, 09:47 AM
Nothing compares to live versions of third eye pushit and H. so much energy si put intot those songs, amazing.

soul_excursion
12-05-2002, 08:22 AM
My favorite song on the album is Third Eye... I love the fact that you can’t hear the lines “Shrouding all the ground around me. Is this holy crow above me. Black as holes within a memory and blue as our new second sun. I stick my hand into his shadow to pull the pieces from the sand. Which I attempt to reassemble to see just who I might have been. I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar. Like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song” unless you totally have your volume all the way up and then you scare the hell out of all your neighbors when it kicks back in. Adam’s guitar solo kicks ass and this is probably Danny’s best drum work before Lateralus. The Tim Leary intro on the Salival version is great, but I like the Bill Hicks intro better especially the part that goes “today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...”

scorpioali
12-05-2002, 02:27 PM
stinkfist, h., aenema.

Flood
12-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Stinkfist is my favorite, Pushit's no.2, and Third Eye's third..heh

HoGdOgGeR
12-07-2002, 05:43 PM
i cant really pick just one song to choose as my favorite because they are all so good. it kind of goes in phases. like last month i couldn't stop listening to 46&2. Danny's drum work in that song is sick. he is so good at what he does. right now though my favorite song is pushit. Maynard's voice in that song is great. but i guess that goes without saying. interesting side note: Tool's cd Aenima and nirvana's cd from the muddy banks of the wishka were the two highest selling albums in 1997.

IRo0L
12-12-2002, 10:15 PM
I'm going to have to go with Aenima on this one.

I love that damn song. And saw it twice in concert this last year. I'm hooked.

PatCore
12-12-2002, 10:37 PM
I personally cannot pick one song persay on the CD. It's all too damn amazing. Playing the songs live is a diffrent story, I have yet to see Third eye but Pushit left me speechless. So if I HAVE to choose it would be Pushit