PDA

View Full Version : The weather shows the path of all life

Wolf
08-11-2003, 10:41 PM
This may not have 100% relevance to 100% of the lyrics spoken in this song, but, it also may.

I personally believe that if we ever ask a question about our very own existence, we should always look to a natural source, or, the sky.

A few minutes ago, I was outside, the moon was very bright, and the sky was almost fully clear. Every few minutes, a cloud would intercept the brightness of the moon, but the brightness of the moon could still be seen through the cloud.
As I watched, one cloud looked something like a galaxy, and this cloud slowly passed unto the moon, and again, intercepted it's light. Now, most galaxy's have a large light source in the center, which has proven to be a supermassive black hole, but thats away from the topic.
Anyway, as the moon passed through the cloud and eventually reached the center, it looked perfectly like a galaxy, but then, the cloud turned to a different direction, and started to break apart, and break away, eventually looking nothing like a galaxy at all.
This can easily reflect all life on earth. It starts out good, then start's to become beautiful, but then destroy's itself and moves on, as can be seen with pollution, radioactive materials, pop music, etc, here on earth. Human life as a whole started out good, but we are now leading ourselves into our own extinction. So if you ever have a question about where we are heading as a human existence, if you ever mention it to me, I will tell you, watch the weather change.

Wolf
08-15-2003, 06:44 PM
What, nobody can comment on my perception?

Pro_Art
08-16-2003, 12:38 AM
This can easily reflect all life on earth. It starts out good, then start's to become beautiful, but then destroy's itself and moves on, as can be seen with pollution, radioactive materials, pop music, etc, here on earth. Human life as a whole started out good, but we are now leading ourselves into our own extinction.
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!

I've been saying the same thing pretty much all along... Props.

What, nobody can comment on my perception?
Very few people here seem to know about or how to use the
'view new posts' feature. I have it as my website link now, lol.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Wolf
08-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Well thanks, I'm glad someone understands what I am saying!

Looque
08-16-2003, 12:31 PM
A black hole is never a light source--it's massive gravitational pull is so strong it will not even allow light to escape, giving it its 'blackness.' In other words, no light eminates from a black hole. If it did, it wouldn't be a black hole.

As for the rest of your post, I think that a microcosm of the general pattern of life--from its growth, beauty, destruction, recreation, whatever--can be seen in many things if we look hard enough. Anything of any real dynamics or anything operating cyclically can be interpreted to represent life's patterns with no more of a stretch than it is to interpret the things you discussed as being reflective of life. This, at least, is my perception. However, it is possible that Tool would choose weather as one example of this if they were wishing to portray the general flow of life.

Restrain_yourself
08-17-2003, 08:00 PM
The first thread is right i think about tyhe lyrics of the song; but in saying that I also frimly believe that Tool, in seeing and listening to their tunes, not only use words to relay a certain message but also use their instruments to paint a further picture of what Disposition means; this is just as Mozart and or Bach did in classical music. I think that most Tool listeners know this and i am not blind to that fact, but it seems to me that Disposition is merely a stepping stone for what is to come. Now again i must be careful and say that people also know this as well: Hence Disp/Reflec/Triad were all one song in the begining. I just wanted to say that not only lyrics have to be studied throughly. I liked your thread except for one thing...

"Human life as a whole started out good, but we are now leading ourselves into our own extinction."

Human life started out good--- oh yea i forgot: first humans had all of those spears and rocks... we didn't have it good. And since you said yourself that Disposition is about the natural life cycle, even if human are destrying themselves it is natural... So hell, all the power to us.

peace----------and Goodbye

Wolf
08-19-2003, 07:29 PM
I liked your thread except for one thing...

"Human life as a whole started out good, but we are now leading ourselves into our own extinction."

Human life started out good--- oh yea i forgot: first humans had all of those spears and rocks... we didn't have it good. And since you said yourself that Disposition is about the natural life cycle, even if human are destrying themselves it is natural... So hell, all the power to us.

peace----------and Goodbye

I agree nearly 100% with what you just said, nearly. Now, when you say, the first humans had nothing but spears and rocks, that was actually the best possible situation because their were no chances of us destroying the environment and destroying ourselves. It was kept very simple, hunt, or be hunted, and survive, and that was it. That was your life.
Then, we evolved, and became what we are now, and I don't think I really need to explain that now do I? It's only a matter of time before we destroy ourselves as a race.

But it is only natural, it's just natures way of getting rid of us so a new form of life can come in and take over. Same with the Dinosaurs, now if you really think about this, dinosaurs didn't get wiped out from a meteor/comet whatever. Now this may sound odd at first, but put it into perspective, then think about it.

Dinosaurs killed themselves. It was their behavior that destroyed them. Example, one Dinosaur drank up a supply of water that others needed to survive, then that group is dead, but a group of carnivores need that group to feed on, they starve, and die, and so on until the whole race is exctinct. Could it be that their were so many of them that this had to happen? Possibly. But it's just natures way of getting rid of everything, one at a time. The same thing that can be seen with dinosaurs can be seen with us. Pollution, Nuclear Weapons, Pop Music, etc. It's just a matter of time before the cycle repeats itself, and humans are forever gone.

Restrain_yourself
08-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Well i still tend not to agree with you about the spear thing---but, thats a different story for a different time... now about the song and its relation to lifes cycles; well i already said what i needed to on the matter. But the matter of dinosaurs, umm... let my think about that and CHOOSE whether not not it is i plausable paralell to the song Disposition by Tool... well no, not really; only for the reason that dinosaurs can not and did not have the ability to reason. They couldn't choose to drink this, or eat that, it is merely instinct that brought them to their demise. At least i believe so but hell maybe humans don't choose ethier... You know free will is not for certian because that one guy? What is his name? Oh YEA!... his name is God but maybe that is what Tool is talking about? Disposition= someone sitting in a yard pondering, " can i chose my own path in life." Anything is possible?????

peace-----------and Goodbye

Wolf
08-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Yes, you could say that also. That is a opinion about Disposition i've never heard before, and it does make some sense.