PDA

View Full Version : moderated messages

EndEyeQuote
12-03-2002, 06:58 AM
i seem to have been modded - as were a opuple others in a thread where a few flames were thrown back and forth - this i dont mind i was onthe defensive end so it was annoying in the first place

but when i logged in and tried to check the thread i was really confused at first until i realized what happend.

i have seen on message boards sites something in your profile that shows you how many modded messages you have and what was modded - perhaps this would be good to get rid of the confusion?

dan
12-03-2002, 10:27 AM
your message was deleted and you want a list of those that have been deleted?

EndEyeQuote
12-03-2002, 11:26 AM
well whatever you think would be not a headache - at the message boards at gamefaqs.com for example in your profile it just gives you a number of how many posts have been modded. and the for a couple of days you acn look at that post with a reason attached as to why

its an auto response and they dont give specifics - just what terms of service section you violated and you kinda just go over them and figure out why it applies to your post.

now here there is no terms of service so that might be overkill as youd have to respond with a reason personally every time.

all i was trying to say is that some people may get really confused/annoyed if they dont understand why their post dissapeared.

im kinda going no where with this at the moment so i am going to stop talking now - but i think you get what i mean a little

dan
12-03-2002, 08:47 PM
just curious, what was your post about?

EndEyeQuote
12-04-2002, 03:06 AM
in my toolgeek post i got a flame being called a jackass or something - and i flame back that the bigger jackass is one who cant take a joke

thats why i dont care that it was modded - because it was defense to another stupid flame

my only point was that i was at first confused - some people here im sure are not message board regulars and dont understand how it works on boards and may not get why their message dissapeared - for their benefit i thought it may be handy to be able to let them know somehow.