PDA

View Full Version : Snake = NOT Negative

]v[edusa
08-25-2007, 06:52 PM
K, first off, I would like to say that if the snake is negative and the snake is Maynard’s shadow, then why is Maynard stating in 46 and 2 that “change is coming through [his] shadow” as if he is getting something positive out of it?

Anyways, here’s my take:

What’s coming through is alive- This is his son, his son is pure, he is innocent, his heart is wide open.

Mirror- A mirror reflects both the dark things and the light things. His son is reflecting both dark and light aspects of Maynard. Maynard sees his own innocence and pure inner child reflecting from his son, but unfortunately for Maynard it’s all murky in the mirror since he has created a wall keeping him from having an open heart. He desires to be as pure as his son and as opened hearted as his son once again.

Snake- This snake is not a negative influence even though it may seem that way. This snake is part of the ouroboros. The ouroboros represents the union of opposites; the union of the conscious and unconscious mind. It is known as “half light and half dark”. The snake keeps devouring itself in order to turn oneself into a circulatory process in the ouroboros.

The snake behind him in the song is the “dark” side of his psyche or his shadow (as said before). It’s the dark half of the ouroboros trying to connect with the light half tail of the ouroboros http://www.stumblingtongue.com/archives/images/illustrations/ouroboros3.gif/ouroboros3.gif. Within this shadow are parts of Maynard that have not previously been brought into the light of consciousness. The snake can only seem to be negative to the ego because the shadow consists of things that are opposite of what the center of consciousness sees one self to be. One may think that whatever is within his/her shadow is out to get him/her and is against him/her but it’s not necessarily true, this person is just ignoring or running from his/her shadow side.

Snake looking to turn his piss to wine- I strongly feel that the snake is Maynards repressed feelings within the shadow. It’s also the anima trying to make itself present so that he may feel/love again.

Their both totally void of hate, but killing me just the same- Its both his son and the snake that’s killing his ego. This isn’t really a bad thing at all. It means that his current ego is going to die only to be reborn and expanded because he’s letting the unconscious become more conscious.

The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been.- This sounds to me that some sort of anima possession may be taking place. What I mean by this is that the more he represses his feelings his anima may try to make itself present but end up coming out very childish like. I got a better thought, but I don’t want to over do it in this post.

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again- His son who is pure and not affected by his environment is begging Maynard to find his true being or inner child once again. Its these environmental disruptions that are conditioning us through repeated programming from the outside causing us to narrow our perspective on life and close our hearts. He must clear away each disruption that is standing in the way of opening his heart. He must heal his old wounds, dig through his muscle memory, and become his true self.

Also, blood could be referring to his own genetic nature. We should all be discovering our dormant genetic gifts rather then be someone we are not by following how society wants us to be.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.
Considerately.- I think the storm symbolizes overwhelming change. Storms can be frightening so maybe, it is his ego that is afraid of this change. It’s something that he is not used to seeing/feeling coming over him, it’s engulfing him, and blocking his way of seeing the sky. This storm isn’t so bad because if he is able to withstand the storm then the storm will eventually end and the sun will come out. Life will be refreshed and the skies will look more beautiful and clearer then they ever were before (metaphorically speaking). These inner storms only seem to appear when one is ignoring or has fear of the shadow. In this case, his son is penetrating too close to Maynard’s old wounds and repressed feelings, his son and the snake are trying to take down Maynard’s wall.

Venom- The venom of the snake can be associated with healing and can provide expanded awareness. This is the intention of the snake, but Maynard could be thinking that the venom of it is more poisonous/negative because the voice is telling him to experience something that he is not used to experiencing or is telling him to do something that he is afraid of doing. It’s tempting him to go along with this and he seems to not want to go through with it so its draining him or causing him to wither away.

I am too connected to you to slip away, to fade away.- He’s got to get through these old wounds.

Without the skin, beneath the storm, under these tears, the walls came down.- When he says skin here I think he’s referring to the skin of the snake. The snake sheds its skin to make way for its new skin. The snake must shed its skin because it must grow and expand just like how Maynard’s center of consciousness must expand. If the snake doesn’t shed its skin then I think the snake would just wither away like how a narcissist would pine away from only seeing what they want to see within themselves. With that said the skin can be seen as the ego.

The walls were originally created do to the fact of being exposed to other people pains. It’s not safe to stay open and vulnerable to the harsh reality of other people's negativity and fear. The wall was made to protect this vulnerability by closing the heart. Now, the walls are coming down.

And the snake is drowned and as I look in his eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times.- To become drowned could mean that one has been so overwhelmed by unconscious forces (or repressed issues) that they died, but this isn’t a bad death, it’s a wonderful death because rebirth follows this death. He looks into the snakes eyes now and isn’t afraid anymore. He cries, because he opened up his heart again and he wishes that he never repressed his feelings in the past.

The reason why I am posting this is because the last thing you want to do is think that the snake or shadow is negative. I’ll be glad to share my experiences similar to H. of my shadow in order to prove this some more.

Dammit, I end up talking too much. I didn’t even get the chance to connect this with the song “cold and ugly” or talk about the actor/actress and lover archetypes.

Also, I heard from someone online that Tool used the ouroboros symbol during H. in concert. I'm still waiting for proof of this from that person.

mrskeenan
08-25-2007, 07:08 PM
actually your interpretation is close to mine. seriously you really broak this song down and i think you may have done it more than i did, and you did a really good job in the process. i think you may have shed light on a few things for me....

]v[edusa
08-26-2007, 05:26 AM
I’ll be glad to share my experiences similar to H. of my shadow in order to prove this some more.

OK, so heres a story:

I became a really shy person. I never really talked to anyone. A long time ago I used to be really outgoing and I joined a carnival. Since then I grew on becoming a very quiet person. Well, the carnival came back in town and my boss asked me if I could work the spot. All I said to him was, "no, I don't think so, I'm a really shy person now, I really don't think I can do it." He starts laughing at me as if I was joking and then told me to give him a call if I changed my mind.

So here is where the battle begins. One side of me is all like, "don't go for it, its a trap, you're just going to embarrass yourself if you work that spot", and the other side is like, "trust me, go for it and see what happens I think that you will be amazed". Guess which one I thought was a negative influence? I thought it was going to be absolutely horrible for myself if I worked the spot.

Suddenly everything just started to come in like a storm again. It was really uncomfortable. All I said was, "fuck it, I'm just going to face it and get it over with right now".

So I joined the carnival, got put in my game, and thought to myself, "this is the stupidest thing I have ever thought for myself and what the fuck am I doing here"? I began to call people to my game and to my amazement practically everyone was coming to play my game. Suddenly it was like some sort of wall just came down and I just had so much fun talking to everybody.

Not only did I end up opening my throat again, but I ended up being top agent for the spot making almost $30 an hour.

I can't believe that it was this voice right here, "trust me, go for it and see what happens I think that you will be amazed", that I thought was a negative influence tempting me to do something I didn't want to do or step into the unknown.

The only difference between H. and my story is that H. is about moving on from the actor archetype to the lover archetype (heart related) and my story is about moving on from the silent child archetype to the communicator archetype (throat related).

Also, I heard from someone online that Tool used the ouroboros symbol during H. in concert. I'm still waiting for proof of this from that person.

My friend said that she saw this in concert @ Charlotte, NC in 2002, I think, and that she has it on DVD.

Esurient4Truth
08-26-2007, 06:17 AM
I think lllvllledusa needs to get a contract with Tool and write a book; make some cash.

Damn. Speechless as usual. H. was the first Tool song I heard, and reading this has only allowed me to appreciate it that much more.

Thanks

]v[edusa
08-26-2007, 09:52 AM
I think lllvllledusa needs to get a contract with Tool and write a book; make some cash.

Damn. Speechless as usual. H. was the first Tool song I heard, and reading this has only allowed me to appreciate it that much more.

Thanks

hmmm flattering, but I don't think I would do that for several reasons. For one, do you know how long it would take to just make an introduction to a Tool book? I think the songs do enough of saying it all. Plus I don't consider myself one who knows everything about Tool and I change my mind on my interpretations all the time.

Inner_Eulogy
08-27-2007, 10:33 AM
MEDUSA!!! Best post I've ever seen on this song. It's exactly how I have understood this song for a long time but am too lazy to take the time to type all out. The only thing that I think "could" be different is your main point which is the snake being positive or negative. This I can see both ways, yours and mine.

I could also see it this way:

"What's singin' songs is a snake,
looking to turn my piss into wine"

This being the snake as a negative influence, the snake is like the devil, tempting him with his song like a siren, saying hey, I can turn all your bad into good, just sign over your soul right here (liitle does he know what he could really lose in doing so).

"The snake behind me hisses,
what my damage could've been"

He ignored the snakes attempt the reel him in (he's hissing being upset). He sees the snake behind him and realizes what he almost just gave up.

"Venomous voice, tempts me,
drains me, bleeds me,
leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity"

This to me is almost the obvious point towards it being negative. If the snake were positive, why would his VENOMOUS tempting voice drain him, crack him up and leave him EMPTY, dragging him DOWN?? The snake is only making empty promises to the subject and he must choose between his blood before him or the snake.

"And once the snake is drowned and
as I look in his eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I could have cried then,
I should have cried then"

The snake drowning is in reference to Maynard finally making up his mind and overcoming the snakes temptation, he looks into the eyes of the dying snake confident that he will not see him again and his fear subsides. He gatehrs himself and realizes all the times he could've cried, he SHOULD HAVE cried yet he was to emotionally unstable and not willing to let go at the time.

Everything else I completely agree with, and what I said above isn't necessarily shooting down your theory either because I can see this song either way with the snake being positive or negative but, my take on it as above is that the snake is in fact, a negative influence.

]v[edusa
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
MEDUSA!!! Best post I've ever seen on this song. It's exactly how I have understood this song for a long time but am too lazy to take the time to type all out. The only thing that I think "could" be different is your main point which is the snake being positive or negative. This I can see both ways, yours and mine.

I could also see it this way:

"What's singin' songs is a snake,
looking to turn my piss into wine"

This being the snake as a negative influence, the snake is like the devil, tempting him with his song like a siren, saying hey, I can turn all your bad into good, just sign over your soul right here (liitle does he know what he could really lose in doing so).

"The snake behind me hisses,
what my damage could've been"

He ignored the snakes attempt the reel him in (he's hissing being upset). He sees the snake behind him and realizes what he almost just gave up.

"Venomous voice, tempts me,
drains me, bleeds me,
leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity"

This to me is almost the obvious point towards it being negative. If the snake were positive, why would his VENOMOUS tempting voice drain him, crack him up and leave him EMPTY, dragging him DOWN?? The snake is only making empty promises to the subject and he must choose between his blood before him or the snake.

"And once the snake is drowned and
as I look in his eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I could have cried then,
I should have cried then"

The snake drowning is in reference to Maynard finally making up his mind and overcoming the snakes temptation, he looks into the eyes of the dying snake confident that he will not see him again and his fear subsides. He gatehrs himself and realizes all the times he could've cried, he SHOULD HAVE cried yet he was to emotionally unstable and not willing to let go at the time.

Everything else I completely agree with, and what I said above isn't necessarily shooting down your theory either because I can see this song either way with the snake being positive or negative but, my take on it as above is that the snake is in fact, a negative influence.

Well, yah, its all in how you look at it really, in the end the shadow is neither positive nor negative, just like how the ego is neither positive nor negative. When one crucifies the ego they are uniting opposites meaning the "two become one" or the positive and the negative come together. Thats at least how I see it.

When it comes to my experiences its like I got my ego (middle self) on one shoulder and the unconscious (lower self) on the other shoulder. When Maynard says that sometimes the devil and the angel are his friends (as said live before) I think he's talking about how friends can tell you how you should or shouldn't feel in reality. This affects the ego causing it to possibly go against what your inner voice is telling you to do, letting a battle begin. When getting through an issue I always see the ego as the angel and the unconscious as the devil at first glance, but after facing the issue and getting through it you find out that the unconscious wasn't the devil after all. You realize that neither the ego nor the unconscious is negative or positive.

Its about reaching for the unknown or reaching for the random instead sticking around to old and familiar patterns that one is always going through causing them to have fear, doubts, lack of love for the self, and confusion. Bring in 46 and 2.

]v[edusa
08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
The unconscious is not a demoniacal monster, but a natural entity which, as far as moral sense, aesthetic taste, and intellectual judgment go, is completely neutral. It only becomes dangerous when our conscious attitude to it is hopelessly wrong. To the degree that we repress it, its danger increases.
-The Practical Use Of Dream Analysis by Carl Jung

Tool_Is_Sick
09-05-2007, 09:21 PM
The unconscious is not a demoniacal monster, but a natural entity which, as far as moral sense, aesthetic taste, and intellectual judgment go, is completely neutral. It only becomes dangerous when our conscious attitude to it is hopelessly wrong. To the degree that we repress it, its danger increases.
-The Practical Use Of Dream Analysis by Carl Jung

I love you!!!!!!

Inner_Eulogy
09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I love you!!!!!!

Hey now, both of our perceptions are valid.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Hey i like to spread the love if you know what I mean.

new millenium cyanide christ
12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
v[edusa;2121696'] Also, I heard from someone online that Tool used the ouroboros symbol during H. in concert. I'm still waiting for proof of this from that person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZB_cBMHoo

and there ya have it.

i was at this show.

best tool show. EVER.

Inner_Eulogy
12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZB_cBMHoo

and there ya have it.

i was at this show.

best tool show. EVER.

Um, yeah....too bad you're like 3 fuckin' months late

insaner
12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
v[edusa;2122246']hmmm flattering, but I don't think I would do that for several reasons. For one, do you know how long it would take to just make an introduction to a Tool book? I think the songs do enough of saying it all. Plus I don't consider myself one who knows everything about Tool and I change my mind on my interpretations all the time.

im 3 months late as well, but this book has been done. about 5 years ago.

Inner_Eulogy
12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
im 3 months late as well, but this book has been done. about 5 years ago.

Yeah well now you're just posting just to post.....yet you wave your finger dontcha'

insaner
12-20-2007, 08:08 AM
huh? there was a book written, i wasnt just saying it. it wasnt sold in stores, but it was cool as shit. it listed all the lyrics and the most common interpretations and was layed out very nicely as well.

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 11:51 AM
huh? there was a book written, i wasnt just saying it. it wasnt sold in stores, but it was cool as shit. it listed all the lyrics and the most common interpretations and was layed out very nicely as well.

I know, I've got it saved on my hard drive. Some kid who made it for his mom or class or something like that. I agree, it was very well put together.

new millenium cyanide christ
01-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Um, yeah....too bad you're like 3 fuckin' months late

you could say thanks instead...

it's hard to be on time when you dont know the thread exists, and then happen to stumble upon it and want to post a link in it, dickhole.

Inner_Eulogy
01-07-2008, 11:07 AM
you could say thanks instead...

it's hard to be on time when you dont know the thread exists, and then happen to stumble upon it and want to post a link in it, dickhole.

Fuck Smacked Cum Bubble

Tape_Dispenser
01-08-2008, 09:02 PM
8====D------(.Y.)

Tool_Is_Sick
01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
I love the talent your father passed on to you when you were a child. :)

Nikeda-Taylor
01-30-2008, 03:05 PM
v[edusa;2121696']K, first off, I would like to say that if the snake is negative and the snake is Maynard’s shadow, then why is Maynard stating in 46 and 2 that “change is coming through [his] shadow” as if he is getting something positive out of it?

Anyways, here’s my take:

What’s coming through is alive- This is his son, his son is pure, he is innocent, his heart is wide open.

Mirror- A mirror reflects both the dark things and the light things. His son is reflecting both dark and light aspects of Maynard. Maynard sees his own innocence and pure inner child reflecting from his son, but unfortunately for Maynard it’s all murky in the mirror since he has created a wall keeping him from having an open heart. He desires to be as pure as his son and as opened hearted as his son once again.

Snake- This snake is not a negative influence even though it may seem that way. This snake is part of the ouroboros. The ouroboros represents the union of opposites; the union of the conscious and unconscious mind. It is known as “half light and half dark”. The snake keeps devouring itself in order to turn oneself into a circulatory process in the ouroboros.

The snake behind him in the song is the “dark” side of his psyche or his shadow (as said before). It’s the dark half of the ouroboros trying to connect with the light half tail of the ouroboros http://www.stumblingtongue.com/archives/images/illustrations/ouroboros3.gif/ouroboros3.gif. Within this shadow are parts of Maynard that have not previously been brought into the light of consciousness. The snake can only seem to be negative to the ego because the shadow consists of things that are opposite of what the center of consciousness sees one self to be. One may think that whatever is within his/her shadow is out to get him/her and is against him/her but it’s not necessarily true, this person is just ignoring or running from his/her shadow side.

Snake looking to turn his piss to wine- I strongly feel that the snake is Maynards repressed feelings within the shadow. It’s also the anima trying to make itself present so that he may feel/love again.

Their both totally void of hate, but killing me just the same- Its both his son and the snake that’s killing his ego. This isn’t really a bad thing at all. It means that his current ego is going to die only to be reborn and expanded because he’s letting the unconscious become more conscious.

The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been.- This sounds to me that some sort of anima possession may be taking place. What I mean by this is that the more he represses his feelings his anima may try to make itself present but end up coming out very childish like. I got a better thought, but I don’t want to over do it in this post.

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again- His son who is pure and not affected by his environment is begging Maynard to find his true being or inner child once again. Its these environmental disruptions that are conditioning us through repeated programming from the outside causing us to narrow our perspective on life and close our hearts. He must clear away each disruption that is standing in the way of opening his heart. He must heal his old wounds, dig through his muscle memory, and become his true self.

Also, blood could be referring to his own genetic nature. We should all be discovering our dormant genetic gifts rather then be someone we are not by following how society wants us to be.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.
Considerately.- I think the storm symbolizes overwhelming change. Storms can be frightening so maybe, it is his ego that is afraid of this change. It’s something that he is not used to seeing/feeling coming over him, it’s engulfing him, and blocking his way of seeing the sky. This storm isn’t so bad because if he is able to withstand the storm then the storm will eventually end and the sun will come out. Life will be refreshed and the skies will look more beautiful and clearer then they ever were before (metaphorically speaking). These inner storms only seem to appear when one is ignoring or has fear of the shadow. In this case, his son is penetrating too close to Maynard’s old wounds and repressed feelings, his son and the snake are trying to take down Maynard’s wall.

Venom- The venom of the snake can be associated with healing and can provide expanded awareness. This is the intention of the snake, but Maynard could be thinking that the venom of it is more poisonous/negative because the voice is telling him to experience something that he is not used to experiencing or is telling him to do something that he is afraid of doing. It’s tempting him to go along with this and he seems to not want to go through with it so its draining him or causing him to wither away.

I am too connected to you to slip away, to fade away.- He’s got to get through these old wounds.

Without the skin, beneath the storm, under these tears, the walls came down.- When he says skin here I think he’s referring to the skin of the snake. The snake sheds its skin to make way for its new skin. The snake must shed its skin because it must grow and expand just like how Maynard’s center of consciousness must expand. If the snake doesn’t shed its skin then I think the snake would just wither away like how a narcissist would pine away from only seeing what they want to see within themselves. With that said the skin can be seen as the ego.

The walls were originally created do to the fact of being exposed to other people pains. It’s not safe to stay open and vulnerable to the harsh reality of other people's negativity and fear. The wall was made to protect this vulnerability by closing the heart. Now, the walls are coming down.

And the snake is drowned and as I look in his eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times.- To become drowned could mean that one has been so overwhelmed by unconscious forces (or repressed issues) that they died, but this isn’t a bad death, it’s a wonderful death because rebirth follows this death. He looks into the snakes eyes now and isn’t afraid anymore. He cries, because he opened up his heart again and he wishes that he never repressed his feelings in the past.

The reason why I am posting this is because the last thing you want to do is think that the snake or shadow is negative. I’ll be glad to share my experiences similar to H. of my shadow in order to prove this some more.

Dammit, I end up talking too much. I didn’t even get the chance to connect this with the song “cold and ugly” or talk about the actor/actress and lover archetypes.

Wow....that is.... amazing......i've never heard that before..i'm glad that you broke the song down, and really explained your thoughts. Your post is mind opening and it expands my mind's eye...awesome.. xp

Nong
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I think the Snake is a defense mechanism that he uses to shield himself. As someone going through similar circumstances, I'd say it could be apathy.

gonzo
10-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Totally excellent post.
Well thought out.
The snake's not negative. It's just that it can travel between the two worlds--above ground and below, or the conscious and sub-conscious.
Anyways, well written.
So, like, you weren't watching hockey then, last night, eh?

Inner_Eulogy
10-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Totally excellent post.
Well thought out.
The snake's not negative. It's just that it can travel between the two worlds--above ground and below, or the conscious and sub-conscious.
Anyways, well written.
So, like, you weren't watching hockey then, last night, eh?

I still completely disagree that the snake is negative. It's something he's battling with throughout the song and trying to get rid of. I honestly don't see how anybody could be blind enough to think that the snake is actually negative when it's rather obvious.

theamazingtool
10-13-2008, 10:33 AM
When I listen to music from the nineties I image it's like a slithery snake with beautiful iridescent scales just winding through my brain and making my body flow

you read my mind!

Nong
10-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I still completely disagree that the snake is negative. It's something he's battling with throughout the song and trying to get rid of. I honestly don't see how anybody could be blind enough to think that the snake is actually negative when it's rather obvious.

I think it's a negative and a positive. It's positive in the fact that it's protected him from pain (though probably love as well) for so long. He could have cried then, but the snake spared him. It's a negative because it prevents him from feeling, he's closed off, emotionally secluded, walled up. It leaves him cracked and empty.

That's why I think the Snake is the Wall. The snake is a psychological, or emotional defense mechanism. I think it could be apathy. I had a difficult childhood, endured a lot of pain. Eventually I shut it out. What can happen is you turn it all off, and become apathetic. It spares the pain, but also the good. I've been called cold and heartless at times, and at times I feel numb. I recently found out I'm about to become a father. Now I'm in a spot where I can change, or risk denying my child a father (emotionally). I grew up without my father (physically) and that's not something I want my child to endure. So now it's about figuring out how to open it up. A byproduct is it's going to hurt. I have died, and will die. It's alright, I don't mind.

theamazingtool
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
listen bitch, you knew i was a snake!

Inner_Eulogy
10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
I think it's a negative and a positive. It's positive in the fact that it's protected him from pain (though probably love as well) for so long. He could have cried then, but the snake spared him. It's a negative because it prevents him from feeling, he's closed off, emotionally secluded, walled up. It leaves him cracked and empty.

That's why I think the Snake is the Wall. The snake is a psychological, or emotional defense mechanism. I think it could be apathy. I had a difficult childhood, endured a lot of pain. Eventually I shut it out. What can happen is you turn it all off, and become apathetic. It spares the pain, but also the good. I've been called cold and heartless at times, and at times I feel numb. I recently found out I'm about to become a father. Now I'm in a spot where I can change, or risk denying my child a father (emotionally). I grew up without my father (physically) and that's not something I want my child to endure. So now it's about figuring out how to open it up. A byproduct is it's going to hurt. I have died, and will die. It's alright, I don't mind.

I guess you're right, I can see both sides to it. I was in your same exact situation 5yrs ago when I became a father so this song really hits home for me too.

gonzo
10-14-2008, 02:19 PM

I was thinking that the snake is neither negative or positive. It just is.
I was saying that the snake is able to travel both above ground and below. In that, the snake senses and feels things from the other side of us, with its' ability to live below ground with the worms and insects and under-dwellers. That those things are trying to etch out a life too.
For me, the snake is just the objective observer of the journey.
The snake is just trying to catch a peaceful, quiet sunbeam.

Nong
10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I was thinking that the snake is neither negative or positive. It just is.
I was saying that the snake is able to travel both above ground and below. In that, the snake senses and feels things from the other side of us, with its' ability to live below ground with the worms and insects and under-dwellers. That those things are trying to etch out a life too.
For me, the snake is just the objective observer of the journey.
The snake is just trying to catch a peaceful, quiet sunbeam.

Makes no sense. You're trying too hard.

Inner_Eulogy
10-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Makes no sense. You're trying too hard.

Nah, he's just Boz. You gotta take it for what it is.