PDA

View Full Version : Opinon Of The Third Kind...

HybridGhost
08-08-2003, 07:51 PM
You may choose to agree/disagree somewhat believe or completley deny it, but here is how I see the song. Its just by my basic instinct that I uncovered this, so as I said, agree or disagree but at least consider...

Third Eye - maybe the third planet from the sun?

"Dreaming of that face again."
"It's bright and blue and shimmering."

ok here he is talking about the face of the earth, blue and shimmering as in the water.

"Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes."

how about opening up for his return, grinning wide. The three eyes, well take a look at a world globe, notice that at one angle only three continents are visible?

"On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again"

Entering the atmosphere, tumbling as in the major resistance of gravity and what not. Down that hole and back again would mean hes back on earth, the commonly reffered "hell hole" and back again, how about hes landed, in the hole (earth) so simply put, hes back.

"Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye."

Gets up after a horrible trip back to the surface, I pressume he is talking about being dead and making the return to earth, therefore as he is dead, hes probably decomposed, therefor needing to clear away webs and dew that have nestled themselves across his corpse.

This is only a notion, for the rest of the song I have yet to completley decide on. As I said, it may not be right, the idea here is to share my thoughts, and that freinds is what I have done.

As an off-topic note, I see many of you talking about the bad-ness of christians and there "self-righteousness" well I am a christian, I like Tool, I listen to them every day, have done so for five years. And from what I have learned about them, the message is to be free in yourself and not mind what others think, and so on. So what justice is it for you to criticize another persons religion. True that there are some people who claim to be a certain religion yet do not set a good example, for that I am sorry. If it has made you feel a certain hate for my religion, but in the words of Maynard himself: "Who am I to judge or strike you down?"

Replies are appreciated.

yllwcrystlstr
08-09-2003, 09:38 AM
i dont wanna spoil an original idea, but this song is very obviously about peyote and out of body experiences. I don't really know how your planet theory ties into this, but its interesting. Keep going.