PDA

View Full Version : simple

mrskeenan
08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
ok, maynard has said himself that people over-interpret his lyrics. honestly i have to admit i lose myself sometimes doing just that, but i think that when we stop and just see the simplicity of things, that's when answers will sometimes smack us right in face. ok, well if you don't already know or believe this, the song is about devo (maynard's son) being born. there are countless references that fit just that in H, this is not only my interpretation- the man himself has said so in concert, so no need to argue on that one. anyway H. is also devo's middle name, if you weren't aware, but what everyone always get's hung up on is what the hell h. stands for. ok obviously devo H. keenan, but everyone wants to know, "why H?" well, maynard's original name was james herbert, so maybe he wanted to name him after himself, and cut the herbert short to just h. maybe he just named his son after himself and titled the song just that, see simplicity. i could be wrong, but i like to believe i'm right. i used to have the idea that maybe H came from the term "jesus h christ" , but i've pretty much disregaurded that.

paraflux
08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
omg thanks for telling us what the song is definitely about. Nevermind the fact that he's said so many things about so many songs in concert that it's fairly obvious that there are many different ways to take every one of them.

pork chops
08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
it's a good thing someone with their head on their shoulders finally came around here. i'm amazed at your insight and knowledge.

paraflux
08-23-2007, 08:45 AM
btw you could have posted that in one of the many "This is about maynard's son!!" threads.

Hodge
08-23-2007, 08:55 AM
could be wrong, but i like to believe i'm right.

classic quote!

mrskeenan
08-23-2007, 09:22 AM
btw you could have posted that in one of the many "This is about maynard's son!!" threads.

yeah, i guess you're right i could have...oh well

Inner_Eulogy
08-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I just realized that I just said almost the exact same thing in the other thread before I even saw this one. Oh well...mine was better =-P

mrskeenan
08-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I just realized that I just said almost the exact same thing in the other thread before I even saw this one. Oh well...mine was better =-P

better, worse, who cares, atleast we agree on what the songs about

DON IOTAE
08-23-2007, 12:18 PM
ok, maynard has said himself that people over-interpret his lyrics. honestly i have to admit i lose myself sometimes doing just that, but i think that when we stop and just see the simplicity of things, that's when answers will sometimes smack us right in face. ok, well if you don't already know or believe this, the song is about devo (maynard's son) being born. there are countless references that fit just that in H, this is not only my interpretation- the man himself has said so in concert, so no need to argue on that one. anyway H. is also devo's middle name, if you weren't aware, but what everyone always get's hung up on is what the hell h. stands for. ok obviously devo H. keenan, but everyone wants to know, "why H?" well, maynard's original name was james herbert, so maybe he wanted to name him after himself, and cut the herbert short to just h. maybe he just named his son after himself and titled the song just that, see simplicity. i could be wrong, but i like to believe i'm right. i used to have the idea that maybe H came from the term "jesus h christ" , but i've pretty much disregaurded that.

don't you live in Arizona?