Miss Lucifer
12-03-2002, 03:40 AM
Is it;
"Steal off me "
OR
"Still love me"

Evan
12-03-2002, 08:17 AM
it's definitely "you still love me". I actually used to sing it the other way you suggested when I first heard the song and i didn't know the lyrics. laters

ne obchod
12-04-2002, 07:56 AM
hm...i thought it was "you're still on me."

oh well, the beauty of tool...

2L8665
12-19-2002, 06:54 AM
Remember, Maynard loves to play on words. Every one of these is correct. It's not what HE says; it's what fits into your lives individually. You must experience it to gain knowledge of it. Therefore, you would have never thought it said whatever you thought unless it came from a personal experience (consciously or subconsciously) somewhere in your life. Keep thinking that is what it's saying. That's yours, for you; no one can take that from you (not even Maynard) unless you let them.

soul_excursion
12-30-2002, 01:21 PM
shit on me works too

4nick8
12-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 2L8665
Remember, Maynard loves to play on words. Every one of these is correct. It's not what HE says; it's what fits into your lives individually. You must experience it to gain knowledge of it. Therefore, you would have never thought it said whatever you thought unless it came from a personal experience (consciously or subconsciously) somewhere in your life. Keep thinking that is what it's saying. That's yours, for you; no one can take that from you (not even Maynard) unless you let them.

While I agree largley with what you say here, in order to receive the message as it was intended when it was broadcast, it is prudent to know what the artist is saying.

He's saying "you still love me".

But sing it however it pleases you.

Rice
01-05-2003, 06:33 PM
its "you still love me" cause that's what the lyrics says...but yeaa, Maynard does love to play with words, so it'll probably change everytime he sings it.

doesn't it always?