PDA

View Full Version : Passing Out

caca_volante
12-03-2002, 03:17 AM
When I saw Tool at the Ozzfest '02, I passed out when they were playing stinkfist. Kinda sucks 'cos I missed Schism, Sober, and a bit of Parabola. It was kinda weird though, when they started playing The Grudge, my hands were shaking and I started crying. Then I couldn't talk, then I stopped breathing and passed out. It was a strange experience- I hadn't taken any drugs and I hadn't been drinking, so it must have been the sheer power of Tool's music posessing me. May sound stupid, but I think it was quite amazing.

seeker
12-05-2002, 06:38 AM
i don't want to spoil the thought for you, but it was probably something more down to earth. death is common at concerts, so it goes to figure that unconsciousness is no rarity. perhaps you were being affected by the heat of bodies or your oxygen intake was limited by the smoke/breathing of so many people in a confined place. Tool may be a great band, but they aren't prophets, and their music is not a living spiritual force that will possess and flatten the minds of non-drugged fans. believe what you want, but don't let yourself be caught up in the hype of tool's spirituality... they certainly are unique in that regard, but they are just men, and the sounds they make are natural.

i'm a skeptic but i'm also openminded... maybe you have reason to believe that it was what you described it as?

scorpioali
12-05-2002, 02:10 PM
well, i don't know, it is trure that people often pass out at concerts. but when i went to the tool concert and they played h., i started bawling like a baby. but that's just because that song has a lot of personal meaning to me.

seeker
12-05-2002, 04:00 PM
i'm dying to see them in concert... i barely missed their trip through europe (i realized they were going to be in berlin about 3 days before they were and my scramble for tickets was futile). music can be powerful, i will admit... the first time i heard maynard singing "so good to see you once again..." i was absolutely entranced. but true to my nature, the skeptic asks so that he can understand more ;)