PDA

View Full Version : Eon Blue Apocalypse - What is the 'real' length of song

Marilyn
08-08-2003, 07:25 AM
Hi. I have purchased, and before I did, I always assumed that, Eon Blue Apocalypse was 06:33 long. I then copied the tracks from the 'Official' C.D to my hard-drive. I then realised (to my unbelievable amazement) that the track was infact, 01:04. This is a padantic post and probably is trivial to a majority of this forum. I just wondered because I love the longer version so much, what is this version, or is it not, Eon Blue Apocalypse as I have led my self to believe.

Any help would be much appreiciated.

Thanks.

Marilyn.

Windir
08-08-2003, 07:31 AM
It is possible you donwloaded a this song with 'The Patient' as one song, so it becomes 6:33.

But that isn't the real case here, it is indeed 1:04 seconds.
It's the intro towards 'The Patient'.

Maybe 'The Patient' is the song you like so much.

That's all you need to know.

Swim On
01-25-2004, 11:09 AM
A quick trip to both the calculator and my walkman shows us that 'Eon Blue Apocalypse' and 'The Patient' together clock in at roughly 8 MINUTES, 17 SECONDS.

Quite the dilemma we've come across, eh?

Windir
01-26-2004, 03:51 AM
Noooohooooooooh... he meant the song 'The Patient', obviously...

tha_phenom
01-27-2004, 02:28 AM
Anyone can name a music file Tool - Eon Blue Apocalypse. I downloaded one named that and it was really the Melvins 'divorced' track with Maynard.

Could the two be linked? :o

Thrakandor
01-27-2004, 03:09 AM
'The Patient' by itself is 7:13.

'Divorced' by The Melvins is 14:43, at least so far as my version goes.

Do the two versions of Eon Blue sound alike, Marilyn?

Cyanide ChrYst
11-02-2004, 03:12 PM
It is possible you donwloaded a this song with 'The Patient' as one song, so it becomes 6:33.

But that isn't the real case here, it is indeed 1:04 seconds.
It's the intro towards 'The Patient'.

Maybe 'The Patient' is the song you like so much.

That's all you need to know.

Actually it's the outro to The Grudge. The part where maynard says "Giiiive way the stone...let the oceans change and transmutate.." is actually Eon Blue's bassline (on guitar with distortion).

Cyanide ChrYst
11-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Oh, except reversed. In eon, you hit 3, then 5 on the A string, then the same on D. In the grudge, you hit 5 then 3, then go to up to the D and do the same.

GAiDEN-CHaKRa
11-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Actually it's the outro to The Grudge. The part where maynard says "Giiiive way the stone...let the oceans change and transmutate.." is actually Eon Blue's bassline (on guitar with distortion).

I did not know that, but does that explain the 6:33 on Eon Blue?

exojjl
02-11-2005, 12:14 AM
I did not know that, but does that explain the 6:33 on Eon Blue?

odviously he meant Schism seeing as schism is 6:43!!! DUH!!!!!

exojjl
02-11-2005, 12:15 AM
you guys make me feel smart, thanks

exojjl
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM

And actually, no. It's a bridge between The Grudge and The Patient (Eon Blue that is).

exojjl
02-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh, except reversed. In eon, you hit 3, then 5 on the A string, then the same on D. In the grudge, you hit 5 then 3, then go to up to the D and do the same.

And if you'll notice they have a ton of other songs that are played around those very same notes, or riffs in songs that do.
Note:
"Hooker with a Penis"
"Jimmy" - I think
"The Grudge"
"The Patient"
theres a part in the middle of "Schism" thats similar

Thats all i could think of off the top of my head.

5th Eye
02-11-2005, 09:25 AM

Eon Blue has no bassline, it's all clean guitar and some really quiet synth effects.

And yeah, they use that note progression a lot.

rand()%0
02-11-2005, 11:21 AM
And actually, no. It's a bridge between The Grudge and The Patient (Eon Blue that is).

Actually no, it's after Triad and is a pretty good intro to Reflection. :)

MrMcPheezy
02-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Actually no, it's after Triad and is a pretty good intro to Reflection. :)

Shut the fuck up.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-12-2005, 09:02 AM
You know Adams guitar work, to the untrained ear, sounds nearly impossible to figure out. But once you figure out a whole song, it's almost like painting a picture on your fretboard. It comes really simply.

exojjl
02-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Shut the fuck up.

he is refering to alternate track listing (which is rather quite fun if your into trying something different (seeing as mr mc fuckhead doesnt like different things) and cool).

exojjl
02-13-2005, 01:37 AM
You know Adams guitar work, to the untrained ear, sounds nearly impossible to figure out. But once you figure out a whole song, it's almost like painting a picture on your fretboard. It comes really simply.

being a bassist, I can say pretty much that about Justins bass work as well (this is why I love tool so much). As soon as i figured out how to play Eulogy on bass, I can pretty much figure out any tool song now. Eulogy was a really good starting point for me.

MrMcPheezy
02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
he is refering to alternate track listing

I know. That's why I told him to shut the fuck up.

Naga Royal Guard
02-13-2005, 07:45 PM
calm down now

MrMcPheezy
02-13-2005, 07:50 PM
No thanks.

exojjl
02-13-2005, 10:27 PM
calm down now

P.S.
he cant calm down, it is his life not to. If I were admin I would ban him for being to much like Osama. Pheezy is the tool forum terroist!!!