PDA

View Full Version : Hand drums -- electronic drums

SpeiranVaun
08-13-2007, 07:33 AM
I was wondering what the significance, if any, there is where Danny switches from all "acoustic" drums to "electronic" sounding drums in the middle of the song. One idea I had was to symbolize the human progression from our primal beginnings to now where we are so dependent on technology. It might also signify that we as a race have forgotten our "pure" beginnings, as alluded to the lyrics.

ivasativa
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
We also have the need to give meaning to all because it makes us feel secure. The absolute void of which the essence is made is very frightening to the mind that survives on content, any kind of content, that will give it some kind of form. Thats why it clashes with our spiritual need to be free..... creating chaos usually, which can be good cause that would eventually lead us to harmony.

But you know, nothing is a coincidence really so ... yeah why not.

ivasativa
08-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I was wondering what the significance, if any, there is where Danny switches from all "acoustic" drums to "electronic" sounding drums in the middle of the song. One idea I had was to symbolize the human progression from our primal beginnings to now where we are so dependent on technology. It might also signify that we as a race have forgotten our "pure" beginnings, as alluded to the lyrics.

Oh and I just realized your signature lol

parables in the world
08-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I see it the same way too...how the intention of being pure as we begin is lost in humanity.

I also see that the title was spelt, intension, intentionally. To mess with fans.

SpeiranVaun
08-14-2007, 05:29 AM
I see it the same way too...how the intention of being pure as we begin is lost in humanity.

I also see that the title was spelt, intension, intentionally. To mess with fans.

from what I've heard, "intension" is a pseudo-word that is supposed to be a play on the word "tension" or "intensity". I'm still trying to grapple with how that correllates to the actual song and its lyrics, but I think that it might have something to do with how the human race is in "tense" times right now.

ivasativa
08-14-2007, 05:38 AM
[QUOTE=SpeiranVaun;2110576]from what I've heard, "intension" is a pseudo-word that is supposed to be a play on the word "tension" or "intensity". I'm still trying to grapple with how that correllates to the actual song and its lyrics, but I think that it might have something to do with how the human race is in

Remember the intro to Salival:

" it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality"

Its the same word play as the word informing-forming in...somehow in-tension, we are in tension its a fact and they are putting us in tension with all the unnecessary fear that is being spread throughout the world by all in-formative systems, not just the governmental one.

These are somehow called esoteric meanings of words.

blindfold_off
08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
maybe he just did it because it sounded cool.

Esurient4Truth
08-26-2007, 06:27 AM
from what I've heard, "intension" is a pseudo-word that is supposed to be a play on the word "tension" or "intensity". I'm still trying to grapple with how that correllates to the actual song and its lyrics, but I think that it might have something to do with how the human race is in "tense" times right now.

The human race has always been tense. People don't like each other - I'd like to think this song ties "Vicarious" and "Right in Two" together.

Intension is probably my 2nd favorite tool song. A lot of people don't like this song - I find it a small genius. It's quite meditative to listen to - just good chillax music.

The reason for switching drums in this track may simply be to change the mood. The tribal style beats he was drumming out in previous tracks - which gives the overall CD a "mood increasing" rural/jungle feel, is now replaced by a more artificial "mood-less" sound.

Luosdasa
09-05-2007, 10:56 PM
maybe he just did it because it sounded cool.
:0
...*jaw slowly opens...* make... music... to....

sound good???
:0

no. it symbolises the blister danny had from holding drumsticks, which symbolises, how tired he is with his role in the band, and his pure begginings.

No but seriously, my arrogance aside, i like whats being discussed here. I personally do not think there is the slightest intended significane behind the change, not in the manner discussed. Its interesting what pondering it brings up though.

Mael
10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Pretty interesting.. I never even realised it.. :/ I still like the idea though that it symbolises the change in humanity from essentially natural to synthetic and electronic..

miketh74
10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
The human race has always been tense. People don't like each other - I'd like to think this song ties "Vicarious" and "Right in Two" together.

Intension is probably my 2nd favorite tool song. A lot of people don't like this song - I find it a small genius. It's quite meditative to listen to - just good chillax music.

The reason for switching drums in this track may simply be to change the mood. The tribal style beats he was drumming out in previous tracks - which gives the overall CD a "mood increasing" rural/jungle feel, is now replaced by a more artificial "mood-less" sound.

I totally agree....great guitar work at the 3:51 mark. Simple, yet like you said....very meditative. I have gotten lost in thought in this very tune. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

:)