PDA

View Full Version : Narrative from a woman's POV

Schwarze Katz
12-02-2002, 10:50 PM
The more I reread, the more I like this idea and I want to get it out, some I'm reposting some stuff here.

POV = point of view

Parabol is a prologue to Parabola, each a piece of a single story, or rather a reflection.

Read the lyrics to Parabol closely as a narrative. The first half would be the thoughts of a mother toward her newborn child. "So familiar" because it was in her for 9 months, now it is "this reality here" in her arms. The new child is "wide eyed," hopeful, and "hopefully wild."

Then, the second half of Parabol is reflection on being born, the mother thinking through it as a newborn might. We don't remember what came before our birth (the "precious moment" of Parabol, not necessarily the same in Parabola). She reflects further, a child's unwillingness to rush the experience of birth, trying to remember it, or perhaps trying to retain its secure place inside the womb. "Hold on, stay inside."

The reflection then moves on into Parabola, when the eternal feeling is verifiec, adding a spiritual element. The "holy experience/reality/event" is birth. "Alive, I" am born. Out of the womb, being held by the mother reminds the child that he/she is not alone.

Twirling, spinning, weaving - aren't these visual words for the movements of babies and children?
"This chance to be alive and breathing" - Birth! Life!

The mother is obviously older than the newborn, and this is a reminder of growing and aging, which always lead to dying. Mortality. Don't dwell on it, live in this moment, don't forget what birth has taught you, "we are eternal."

It's absolutely beautiful.

RNS
12-03-2002, 01:15 AM
that makes sense, never thought of it like that

TheHollow
12-03-2002, 02:42 AM
Yup! Makes perfect sense!

And there is an absolute link to what soem of us have been going on about. When in the womb, they embryo goes through 9 months of perfect meditation, which help it develop, and become a human being.... Think how someone can develop through this proccess?

LyingRealist
12-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Thinking about it like that, I als o thought of one of the other threads that said that Maynard once said that it ws about unconditional love.
A mother's love is unconditional. A babies is too.
The word parabola and its use here could signify the the way both mother and child love each other and the love grows ever upwards.

I might be off but it made sense to me.

TheHollow
12-04-2002, 02:20 AM
Hmmmm... unconditional love! Definitelly what a mother feels for her baby. Also what a brother feels to a brother... It has been said that we all unite in the collective unconsciousness when in deep meditation... 9 months... a few miniutes a day... A chance to come to find that we are all one mind, "taste" this holy experience and celebrate a chance to be alive and breathing...