PDA

View Full Version : atmospheric industrial in a box...

Paladin
08-06-2003, 02:34 PM
well heres a song i made...thats all i have to say about it, comment and whatnot...

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/archive/052906PM.mp3

oh, and its called 1 h4-rtte-_m1-. lfdj. iwnt 2 dei94

Matteran
08-06-2003, 11:14 PM
I really like this. I especialy like the underlying beat/rhythm thingy that slowly fades in and get's really loud and powerful when that higher frequency thing accents it... it's great. One suggestion would be to try and maybe try a different sound for the melody that's in the beggining. I dunno what other people think, but the farty sound of it is just not quite hitting the right spot.

Besides that, great work.

Elgyn
08-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Coo man,
I like this a lot. Its got a bitchin' industrial feel to it. I don't actually mind the bass too much (although it does sound a little like the low throb of a gut wrenching fart). I always think your songs would make nice movie soundtracks. I like your style.

Fink
08-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Sounds good, but I don't like the opening synth voice. What kind of synth do you use?

reign3
08-07-2003, 01:02 AM
I could be wrong, but is that drumming from the track Divorced? With Tool and the Melvins? If not they sound a hell of a lot alike. Even if it is, it's still pretty damn cool.

Paladin
08-07-2003, 06:57 AM
its not the drumming from divorced, as far as i know. aha. synth i use... a cheesy radioshack keyboard, the patch is polysynth. so its trying to emulate analog but failing. i like the begining of it, but now that people say it sounds liek farts i might have to change it...

Fink
08-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Yeah, get a real synth.

psilomind
08-07-2003, 03:45 PM
In my opinion, that synth sounds just perfect. Definitely has the movie soundtrack feel that Elgyn mentioned... and oh yeah... cheer up. I'm sure you'll have your moments of zen amidst all the suckiness of life.

Choler
08-07-2003, 04:22 PM
I normally don't listen to that type of music, but this peice was done well, I like how you slowly came to a climax. Keep up the great sounds.

Elgyn
08-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Don't despair Paladin, I was only kidding about the fart. I like the synth a lot, and I think its suitable. I'm personally a fan of fat bass lines, especially when they sort of... I don't know, sweep around a scale a lot. There's something mesmerising about the solidarity of the sound, especially when combiined with a racy melody.
I wouldn't change it if I were you, but its obviously your call.

Paladin
08-07-2003, 05:57 PM
well, fink, its not like i choose to not get a real synth. i cant. obviously...im poor, so i cant afford anything else. your telling me something i already know. I should get a real synth.

Fink
08-07-2003, 10:22 PM
No intent to offend was there. I know how you feel. You should look on EBay. You could find something like a Korg Poly 800 for around $50 maybe. But then you'll commit suicide after trying to program it. I graduated last year and spent a lot of my gift cash on a Nord MicroModular. It's great. They'll be going down in price soon, too, with the release of the G2.

And Elgyn, that bass is hardly what I would call fat.

Paladin
08-07-2003, 10:27 PM
i was gonna get a roladn sh-1000 but it was 100$...and i barely have 1$.

Elgyn
08-07-2003, 10:52 PM
And Elgyn, that bass is hardly what I would call fat.

Ohhh, I'm sorry I must be mistaken. I was pretty sure that bass was overweight though, perhaps even obese. Perhaps we should have an argument about the definition of fat. Nah, fuck it, who really cares?

Paladin
08-07-2003, 11:03 PM
the bass is actualy pretty thin i find...i probably could have done something to beef it up though.

Fink
08-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Ohhh, I'm sorry I must be mistaken. I was pretty sure that bass was overweight though, perhaps even obese. Perhaps we should have an argument about the definition of fat. Nah, fuck it, who really cares?

I wasn't getting on you for using the word "fat" in that manner, although it does bother me at times. Almost every review for every musical item I've ever read used the words "fat" and "warm", instead of saying anything useful.

I said I wouldn't call it fat, because it's not fat. I didn't mean it as an insult. I can give you some examples of fat basses.

Elgyn
08-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Yeh its fine, I wasn't really pissey.
I've seen fatter basses, no doubt.

Maybe I should say something like...

I find sounds which are of a lower wave frequency to be an effective musical device, particularly in controlling the melodic and rhythmic direction of a song.

The main point is that I like this song. I'm sorry if I'm just being cynical about it.