PDA

View Full Version : A good song for meditation

venus in furs
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
This is such a beautiful song, its a shame they had to split them up into two tracks, because listening to Parabol you always want the rest. The lyrics are so clear and true, very reassuring in their way. Every Tool song is my favourite, but Parabol is my favourite Tool mediation. :-) I love their music so much its beyond words. Its beyond words because its about the emotion it inspires, its not about impressing you or making a buck out of you, its not about playing to one desire or another... its about pure inspiration of feeling and that can be a very powerful thing whatever state you're in. In my humble opinion. But obviously you know this, and I hope it helped you through your pain.

rrobb911
08-22-2007, 05:02 AM
What about Disposition. I would find it easier to meditate to a song that is softer than Parabol/a.

ivasativa
08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Meditation is not about YOU being calm its about calming your mind so that YOU (that which makes your mind) can just BE, without any other ..... aspect of you messing with you. Well this is what I discovered, I dont know maybe some other people experienced meditation otherwise, but I doubt it.

Parabol-a is my , definitely, and I am so happy I have one, Fvorite Tool song. Because it is about what every single meditation I have ever done has taken me to. (reference to Eternity)

Acid0.1
08-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Indeed Ive had the same thought about parabol, its a very calming song when your just sitting outside, soaking up in the beauty of "some" parts of the world. For some reason
the song allways makes me think about nature. Even though my opinion on the lyrics relate to a completely different matter.

MORNING_GLORY
09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Parabol is my favorite Tool song. Words cannot describe the emotions I feel when the song begins. Its a mixture between an incredibly beautiful song, and the place I was in in my life when this song was important to me. I wouldn't even call it a song, its more like a movement-- a single fluid motion. I don't know, its hard to describe, but I definitely recognize with you on this song.

HelenA
09-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Indeed Ive had the same thought about parabol, its a very calming song when your just sitting outside, soaking up in the beauty of "some" parts of the world. For some reason
the song allways makes me think about nature. Even though my opinion on the lyrics relate to a completely different matter.

Parabol always makes me think about sex - guess I am too carnal. As for meditating songs - I think Disposition rules. Such a gorgeous song - maybe my favourite Tool song - although I change my mind so often.