PDA

View Full Version : what do you SEE

Choke
12-02-2002, 06:39 PM
when you close your eyes and put on this song what do you visualize? I recently saw a tire with an old 50's style hub cap, and railroad tracks going off into the horizon. beautiful.

Paladin
12-04-2002, 03:05 PM
funny you mention such a thing, i've often closed my eyes and visualized songs. but for this song, i mostly only close my eyes during the "Pull my hand from the shadows" part... i usualy picture myself in a desert wandering around... not too much detail there, ill try it later and get back.

replica
12-05-2002, 03:34 PM
it is wierd that you bring this up, it seems everytime that i close my eyes during any song in aenima, i see a flag waving in the wind.
on acid though, it is a totally different story, what i see humbles me to no end.

Dissonance
12-06-2002, 02:41 PM
I always see oceans and watery images. Wide vast oceans coalescing into dark swamps and bogs.

Meuterei
12-07-2002, 09:01 AM
Third Eye is very powerful, apocalyptic, and strangely sexual for me. So if this sounds sick... deal with it. :P

I always see myself in a vast, endless desert, in a place where the sky is not stable. Clouds move by in fragments, broken, at speeds ranging from exhaustingly slow to streaking across the sky like meteors... changing with the tempo.

In the beginning, my eyes are closed even in imagination. All I sense is sounds and voices. My eyes open with the first lyrics Maynard sings, and I begin to see strange images in the slow-moving clouds.

The face of a woman, or is it? The face reappears and vanishes.

The screams that ensue are mine, as I am invaded by an alien force. It carries with it power that is unwieldy and chaotic in my hands... the ground shakes with my movements and the sky cracks at the sound of my voice.

I look around at the world which is starting to change. Columns spring up from the sand. My body is exhausted, but the being inside me is strong, and manipulates my surroundings while I lie helpless.

From my mouth a mist begins to pour. It forms into the shape of another being, a fair, peaceful, incomprehensibly desirable image. The companion I have dreamt of.

But it is just an image. Her reality was shattered and only I remain to find the pieces to rebuild.

She is trying to lead me back to her...

One by one I put the shards together, and each fragment levitates in place, awaiting its counterparts.

After what seems like ages, she is complete again... I use all the power within me to call from the sky a force to make her move once again. To make her live again.

Slowly she awakens...

We shape our world together, slowly, and she ravishes me in the place we create... she rewards me for withstanding the test of time in this place and bringing her back to life...

As for life... the desert begins to fade into dirt, and green things begin to grow... this new life wraps around us like a blanket, and we sleep.

I wake up looking into her eyes, which seem transluscent, and beyond them I see yet another world... one we have yet to create...

Then we look together to the sky... to find that world... and others...

Paladin
12-07-2002, 07:53 PM
all i can say is: beautiful.