PDA

View Full Version : wikipedia

thomasknight
08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
this a pretty pathetic thread, and I haven't looked too much in the other threads if it's mentioned, but Wikipedia has a lot of info in its "Useful Idiot" article.

Interestingly, the article mentions criticism of Woodrow Wilson by the English economist John MAYNARD Keynes.

Ghostwriter
08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
That's great! Thank you for the revelation!

thomasknight
08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
i thought it was a pretty bad post, but 3 minutes to respond is quite disheartening.

But I would say, I've never looked up the title of Tool songs on Wikipedia before, and as TESCO say "every little helps!".

shoot me.

thomasknight
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
This article suggests that Keynes' considered the USA unable to come to terms with Europe and therefore Wilson was "rapped round the fingers" of George and Clemenceau at the Treaty of Versailles. Does this bare any relation to MJK's thoughts on American attitudes to other countries?

Ghostwriter
08-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I sorta just think that Useful Idiot is "cool down" time inbetween H. and the masterpiece that is 46 & 2; like some time to prepare us for the "awsomeness"...

thomasknight
08-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Maybe...us fans of Tool are the useful idiots, for the evolution of the Human race to the next state of consciousness.

Acid0.1
08-23-2007, 02:39 AM
surprisingly the term usefull idiot described soviet sympathizers in western countries,
probably has nothing to do with usefull idiot itself. I think usefull idiot is sort of a build up to Fort Six & two, and its nicely done i think.

Eulogy33
08-26-2007, 10:28 AM
ha.

thomasknight
09-06-2007, 09:24 AM
You mean you can't see the connection between the run-off of a record and Soviet sympathisers? You need to open your third eye.

Is the suggestion that the title was picked randomly?

gjamison27
09-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Admittedly, I've done no research on this however, it does make much sense. Maybe not as detailed as pointing specifically to Russian sympathizers, but more to the concept in general. The track of the record run off is the same...over and over again. The definition of stupidity is by some believed to be doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Useful Idiot symbolizing this by the sound of the record running off, over and over again, the same, which in turn represents humanity and its societies. It proves useful however, as it eventually gives way to evolution gaining the extra 2 chromosomes and bringing about the necessary change.

rrobb911
09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I believe maynard said that this it is the sound of the end of a record because most people would keep listening expecting another song, but in reality that is the song.

thomasknight
09-17-2007, 05:20 AM
I'd like to think that useful idiot is a reference to Lenin. In this context, it's about those who pay lip service to spiritual evolution rather than communism.