PDA

View Full Version : i give up

quacksdontecho
12-02-2002, 06:12 PM
Trying to figure out what Maynard and the guys are thinking is like trying to figure out what me and my only freind Ian are thinking. It does NOT work. Only the thinker has the knowledge. I would, however, enjoy a good cup of coffee with the band and discuss certain issues about the music and the four people who make it. From now on, as far as i'm concerned, they are just a great band with terrific talent..that jams. Peace.

Smokin joe
12-02-2002, 07:38 PM
the most important thing about tool is that:

The music means whatever you want it to mean.

For example, for one person, Pushit might remind them on past abusive memories/relationships. But on the other hand, someone else might interpret the song differently by hearing it right after something really good happened or whatnot and have an entirely different feel for the song.

you see what i'm getting at?

You dont' really need to know the real meaning behind the songs (i'd rather not), to really enjoy them. It's whatever you feel the song to be, I sometimes feel that lateralus is a lot more bleaker than others would think, but that's fine, i listen to lateralus when i feel low, and the songs bring me up, remind me of a good time i once had, or offer inspiration through what i understand are the lyrics.

All in all, this band is way too good for it's own good. I'm so glad something like this exists in this funny thing we call reality, just to remind us, that we're all one vibration.

joe