PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stoned and X Files

nocatharsis
07-29-2007, 06:33 PM
are there any other X Files fans here? The last episode of season 6 and the first episode of season 7 kind of deal with a new age Rosetta Stone and upon first hearing the song it kind of made me think of that episode, because there's this stone tablet that has native american writing on it, and it turns out to be from the hull of a UFO. it eminates energy and Mulder gets put in the hospital in a coma but can read people's minds. meanwhile Scully gets help translating it, and it turns out to be passages from the Bible, which sparks this whole controversy that "god" is really extraterrestrial.

so i wonder if maybe that's what was revealed to the character in the song? maybe what they showed him fucked him up on top of his trip, like made him brain dead by the end of the song.

X Files or not though, it's definitely a great song on a great album.

Inner_Eulogy
07-30-2007, 09:27 AM
are there any other X Files fans here? The last episode of season 6 and the first episode of season 7 kind of deal with a new age Rosetta Stone and upon first hearing the song it kind of made me think of that episode, because there's this stone tablet that has native american writing on it, and it turns out to be from the hull of a UFO. it eminates energy and Mulder gets put in the hospital in a coma but can read people's minds. meanwhile Scully gets help translating it, and it turns out to be passages from the Bible, which sparks this whole controversy that "god" is really extraterrestrial.

so i wonder if maybe that's what was revealed to the character in the song? maybe what they showed him fucked him up on top of his trip, like made him brain dead by the end of the song.

X Files or not though, it's definitely a great song on a great album.

Who ever said God wasn't an alien? Silly conspiracy buffs.