PDA

View Full Version : Eulogy receiving radio airplay all of the sudden

emir7
07-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Though it's one of my favorites, I've never considered Eulogy to be a "significant" song -- or as radio would define a song as.

Well, I've heard it several times on the radio this past week, uncensored too. Who knows, there might be hope for radio yet! Hearing "don't you fucking lie" was a bit of surprise, as was hearing the song in the car without my Ænima cd being in the player.

Anyone hear it/another "non-significant" song on the radio?

MadMax
07-23-2007, 06:21 PM
First, non-significant? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Eulogy is an amazing song, and certainly just as significant as anything else on AEnima.

But no, I haven't heard it on the radio. That is pretty sweet, i've only heard Tool on the radio a handful of times.

emir7
07-23-2007, 06:53 PM
First, non-significant? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Eulogy is an amazing song, and certainly just as significant as anything else on AEnima.

Right, that's exactly what I said. I'm playing this from a radio DJ perspective, where they're basically assigned to play singles and virtually nothing else. I love Eulogy, I think it's one of Tool's finest, and by no means would I consider it insignificant. Again, I was just talking from the radio perspective.

They usually just play The Pot on the radio, which is kind of saddening because it's far from best on 10,000 days, and certainly not close to their best on the discography.

MadMax
07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Right, that's exactly what I said. I'm playing this from a radio DJ perspective, where they're basically assigned to play singles and virtually nothing else. I love Eulogy, I think it's one of Tool's finest, and by no means would I consider it insignificant. Again, I was just talking from the radio perspective.

They usually just play The Pot on the radio, which is kind of saddening because it's far from best on 10,000 days, and certainly not close to their best on the discography.

Ah okay, I gotcha. Yeah, it would definitely be a surprise to hear Eulogy on the radio. The DJ must have some good taste in music, that's all.

I haven't even heard The Pot on the radio either, but then again I much rather put in a Tool CD then listen to the shitty radio. The only song I remember hearing lately on the radio is Vicarious.

Angel on the Sideline
07-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Sirius plays TOOL all the time. I get an alert anytime a TOOL song comes on. Jambi, Sober, Stinkfist and 46&2 are played several times a day. Vicarious and Schism get thrown in quite a bit as well, though they aren't being played daily.

Angel on the Sideline
07-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Forgot to add, I've never heard Eulogy on either terrestrial radio or satellite radio. So "good on ya" to the DJ with the balls to spin it.

Arkham Asylum
07-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I've only heard Tool singles on the radio and they're not played very often (even on this independent hard rock/metal station).

BUT there was one instance that took me by surprise. That indie station played Tool's version of "No Quarter". I don't know why or how because I doubt the DJ has his own copy of Salival and he sure as hell didn't borrow mine.

conor moore
07-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Anyone hear it/another "non-significant" song on the radio?

jambi