PDA

View Full Version : message of hope vs. warning

iAMtheMA!
07-19-2007, 11:32 AM
"You are the Chosen One, the One who will deliver the message. A message of hope for those who choose to hear it, and a warning for those who do not."

heh, you know how all of these very different people come up with very different interpretations of very different tool songs? well, i think we're all well-aware of the band's incredible abilities to communicate a vast array of complex art into ONE, collective, and balanced composition. in fact, there probably hasn't been a single sitting where i haven't come to some sort of new realization or personal revelation from within their music. not only does their music kick ass and help you think (remember), but it can even become an extremely powerful instrument for spirituality. the above line from tool's "rosetta stoned" is an important key within tool's music. perhaps there are (2) two specific meanings to be taken from their (1) music. interesting.

one: a message of hope.

the other: a warning.

pretty simple, i'm sure you've got this one memorized by now. but where exactly is this message of hope? a special, "hidden" message, laced throughout tool's social, political, spiritual (etc) commentary??? try it out...

which message do you choose to see?

pax et amor.

Inner_Eulogy
07-20-2007, 09:24 AM
My take on it was that he's trying to tell people to put down the drugs and do something useful with your lives. Or if you are going to do some mind expanding substance, at least to gain something valuable from the experience instead and try to use that in your nomal lives constructively and sober. I've posted on the "this song is about drugs" thread in better detail what my point is.