PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with me?

nellyson25
07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I looked up the lyrics for this song because this song hit me in a certian way. When listening it sounds like he says at 4:48
"You were the voice that has been calling me back home"

I looked up the lyrics and they all seem to say
"You hold the light that's been leading me back home"

Every time I listen to this song, I still feel that he says what I think. Maybe someone can help clarify so I can break down and understand what he says. Anyone else seem to hear it to. Or is it just me?

I'm 99% he says that. But maybe I'm wrong...

weesper
07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Totally agree, didnt know the lyrics read that but it must be wrong.

Johnny Truant
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
You're right. On the lyrics page Kabir wrote Some Tool songs undergo slight lyrical variations in each performance; Maynard's own typed versions are shown here, uncorrected, to provide you with a straight-from-the-source guide to what he has said / might say next time. Most of these transcriptions came straight from the Man's computer. How he writes his lyrics/poetry and then translates that into music is up to him. Think of them as photographs; you don't look exactly the same in every picture, but it is still you. Perhaps when Maynard first wrote the song he had "you hold the light that's been leading me back home" but then when it came time to record it he decided to change the lyrics a little. He probably sang the song both ways live cause he's known to have small lyrical variations during performances. This also shows up in the lyrics to Ticks and Leeches. The lyrics say "My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards." while I hear "My fruit is bruised and borrowed. You stealing bastards." Though I may be wrong, it sounds like that to me.