PDA

View Full Version : looking for jimmy

Caveman
12-02-2002, 03:04 PM
First loggin me.
So far I am floundering a bit. Lost my first entry with a "tab".
The thought I have is what it is.

The song "jimmy", has always seemed to be about the relationship Maynard has with his sister? I don't know. I guess I am trying to ASK as much as I am trying to SAY. I just joinned this here forum of thinkers. So I am excited to learn more about the only band that I have cared to know.

So, I may be way off in even the basics of this thought, but; I was under the impression that Maynard's sister lived in the Denver area, and also of the impression that 'jimmy' had something to do with his relationship with her. So naturaly I looked for a suprise set list change of , what else: jimmy. Living in Colorado it has been wonderful to see the amazing shows Tool has performed in our state. And of course it was easy for me to get my hopes up for : jimmymaybe?! I'm sure I will learn some new insight to the song as I read around, but it's funny how my mind somehow let's me believe that maybe, just maybe.

I've managed to get to 7 shows in as many years, in a few different states, but still have a few songs I will anxiously await to hear live. I am quite sure 'jimmy' would be a goody!