PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy - looking to the unconscious

thomasknight
07-16-2007, 05:26 AM
The part where he sings, "I...it took so long...", could be about him finding this memory of his that he had repressed. This could be through hypnotherapy as many people turn to it to help their problems. As soon as the lyrics turn to the description of having his "hands bound", this is him just describing an image that comes to him while under hypnosis and he is singing this from the PoV of someone talking their hypnotist through what they can see. When he gets to the "do unto others" part, this is now looking at the situation more objectively, and describing why these repressed memnoies can hurt us in life.

So basically the first bit is about him finding these memories he represed, the second is him describing them and the third is an explanation of the need to undergo this treatment.

Aezarien
07-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't know why but I find hypnotherapy to be a very creepy thing. I thought about it years ago when going through a "quit smoking" phase. You never know what other kinds of weird things they could put in your head. I suppose I could bring a witness but everyone I know either has an nefarious agenda, some greater plan for my life, or just an extreme sense of humor.

]v[edusa
07-20-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't know why but I find hypnotherapy to be a very creepy thing. I thought about it years ago when going through a "quit smoking" phase. You never know what other kinds of weird things they could put in your head. I suppose I could bring a witness but everyone I know either has an nefarious agenda, some greater plan for my life, or just an extreme sense of humor.

So you guys have been to hypnotherapists' before?

I was offered by one to do a session for free. And I guess the one past life that we went through and what happened after that past life really got the both of us to look at each other weird. It was so unbelievable, but at the same time it reflects who I am today and certain problems of mine went away because of the session.

You can find repressed memories without going through hypnotherapy. If I am not mistaken I think hypnotherapy deals with repressed memories from past lives that stayed to this lifetime. I could have had a different type of hypnotherapist though. Prison Sex deals with a memory from when the person was a child in this life time.

Cheesegreater
07-20-2007, 12:04 PM

I was offered by one to do a session for free. And I guess the one past life that we went through and what happened after that past life really got the both of us to look at each other weird. It was so unbelievable, but at the same time it reflects who I am today and certain problems of mine went away because of the session.

You can find repressed memories without going through hypnotherapy. If I am not mistaken I think hypnotherapy deals with repressed memories from past lives that stayed to this lifetime. I could have had a different type of hypnotherapist though. Prison Sex deals with a memory from when the person was a child in this life time.

Psychiatrists wouldn't base a therapy on a belief such as reincarnation. I'm sure there are different types though. Most hypnotherapy is used to delve into deeply rooted problems in the psyche that deal with this lifetime.

Aezarien
07-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Noooo. I am an avid conspiracy theorist with deeply rooted paranoia issues. I'm not even comfortable with regular therapy regardless of whether I need it or not.