PDA

View Full Version : After math of 9/11?

nellyson25
07-14-2007, 11:12 AM
the lyrics sounds exactly like what happened and after 9/11. Scary also how this song was made before this event. Think about it...
"I know the pieces fit
'Cause I watched them tumble down"
the towers pieces on the ground can fit all together to form it again cuz he knows what it looks like and how they were created.
"No fault, none to blame
It doesn't mean I don't desire to
Point the finger, blame the other
Watch the temple topple over"
no one knows for certain who planned all this but its just what we do. we have to blame someone for all of it. so we blamed Iraq. but all this blaming will just start having buildings (temples) fall over again.
"To bring the pieces back together
Rediscover communication"
this sounds like as a nation even though we were hit badly, we all came together to help each other out and rediscover communication simultaneously.

Doesn't all this sounds interesting? anyone have any thoughts or interpretations?

dirkz
07-14-2007, 12:56 PM
I think the lyrics are relatively vague, so you could probably make a sound argument for damn near anything. But yea, your theory does make sense. I personally don't think there's a connection since it was released before 9/11.

Esurient4Truth
07-14-2007, 01:55 PM
it's merely a coincidence. good thinking though.

Cheesegreater
07-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I can't knock the thinking here. Like Dirkz said, Tool's lyrics can be pretty vague. Being vague isn't a bad thing for Tool when you think about it. They like to leave it up to the individual to interpret which makes forums like these possible in the first place.

dirkz
07-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I can't knock the thinking here. Like Dirkz said, Tool's lyrics can be pretty vague. Being vague isn't a bad thing for Tool when you think about it. They like to leave it up to the individual to interpret which makes forums like these possible in the first place.

Because what would we all be without these forums, eh?

fnshmetal
07-30-2007, 01:38 AM
schism is about the two hemispheres of the brain working against each other instead of working together with each other. The song has to do with second guessing oneself instead of letting the two sides work equally and forming a conclusion with input from both the logical left brain and instinctive right brain.

dirkz
07-30-2007, 07:57 AM
I suppose you've discussed this with Maynard, because you sound so damn sure.

fnshmetal
08-04-2007, 01:42 AM
I suppose you've discussed this with Maynard, because you sound so damn sure.

my theory is my theory sorry if i speak of it with passion

miketh74
08-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Maybe we should ask Dan Carey. I've heard drummers have to use both sides of the brain to play. I would certainly trust his comment.